Current loading screen
|Length (in levels):||597 levels (598 on IOS)|
|Released:||December 11, 2009|
Mac OS X
Windows Phone 7
Chrome Web Store
BlackBerry Tablet OS
Facebook (as Angry Birds Friends)
|Version(s):||5.1.0 ( iOS and Android)|
Angry Birds is an application for the iOS, Windows Phone, Bada, Symbian, webOS, Android, Mac, and Maemo mobile operating systems. It was released by Rovio Entertainment and made in Helsinki, Finland. The objective of the game is to eliminate pigs and destroy their buildings and structures at the same time. This is done by the birds launching themselves out of a giant slingshot and hitting the pigs' various constructs, henceforth eliminating them. Each level allows the player a certain number of birds, which must be used in the order provided. Early in the game, the idea was to draw sketches on paper birds without wings.
Each bird has a different ability, such as being able to boomerang back, splitting into three, or exploding. These abilities are activated by tapping or clicking the screen while the bird is flying. Below is the list of birds along with their real names that have been revealed.
Main Article: Birds
- Red Bird (Red) - No special power. (Flies to a targeted area in the red's might feathers level)
- Blue Bird (The Blues) - Splits into three smaller birds. Works best against glass.
- Yellow Bird (Chuck) - Picks up speed and distance when tapped or clicked. Best against wood.
- Black Bird (Bomb) - Explodes when tapped/clicked or shortly upon inpact. Best against stone.
- White Bird (Matilda) - Drops an egg bomb that explodes on impact when tapped or clicked and does great on wood.
- Boomerang Bird (Hal) - Comes back like a boomerang when tapped and does great on wood and glass.
- Big Brother Bird (Terrence) - No special abilities when tapped/clicked, but destroys materials with ease.
- Orange Bird (Bubbles) - Inflates to a huge size like a balloon when tapped/clicked or upon impact, then deflates a little later. Best against wood.
- Pink Bird (Stella) - When tapped/clicked or upon impact, she makes bubbles around her which lift up objects like blocks and pigs. The bubbles last for about 3 seconds.
- Mighty Eagle - You first launch a box of sardines and when it hits the ground, the Mighty Eagle will come down, destroying everything in its path and causing an earthquake, popping all pigs he missed, and shoots back up into the sky, while also destroying anything else in his path. He must be purchased for 99 cents (99¢) to be used, and has unlimited usage, except in Angry Birds Friends.
The Bad Piggies, the Flock's enemies, are a colossal army of green pigs. They constantly steal the Flock's eggs to please their monarch, King Pig. Much like the birds, the pigs are also provided in different varieties, shown below:
- Small Pig
- Medium Pig
- Large Pig
- Helmet Pig
- Moustache Pig
- King Pig
- Postman Pig (only found on the Pause Menu)
- Fat Pig (Only found in Angry Birds Space and in King Pig Minigame in Angry Birds Classic (Refer to Golden King Pig))
- Freckled Pig (Only found in Bad Piggies and in cutscenes during the episode, Bad Piggies, in Angry Birds Classic)
- Mechanic Pig (Only found in Bad Piggies and in cutscenes during the episode, Bad Piggies, in Angry Birds Classic)
Main Article: List of Angry Birds levels
There is a grand total of 530 levels in Angry Birds, including Golden Eggs. These levels are grouped into "episodes". In different episodes, the pigs try to find new ways to escape with the eggs.
Poached Eggs, the birds find that the eggs are missing, and later they discover that the pigs have stolen the eggs and now the pigs attempt to escape. Contains 63 levels, which must be conquered before any of the other episodes may be played.
Mighty Hoax, the pigs steal the eggs again, and use a cut-out of the King to distract the birds while they escape. Contains 42 levels.
Danger Above, the pigs steal the eggs and escape on board using a number of makeshift aircraft. Contains 45 levels.
The Big Setup, the pigs imprison the birds in a cage to prevent their defeat after stealing the eggs. However, Big Brother bird is still loose and frees the boomerang bird, and they both fight back. Contains 45 levels.
Ham 'Em High, the pigs, armed with a rope, lasso the eggs out of the bird's nest, and take them to the wild west. Contains 45 levels, and 3 Facebook levels.
Mine and Dine, the pigs steal the eggs and attempt to hide underground, taking them to the underground mines. Contains 45 levels.
Birdday Party, the birds find that the pigs have taken their eggs for once again, and this time, along with a piece of their cake. Contains 60 levels.
Bad Piggies, taking place in levels with the same background as in the App with the same name, "Bad Piggies", the birds discovered their eggs are missing when suddenly Chuck noticed that the Bad Piggies (Now including the Freckled Pig and Mechanic Pig in this episode) have taken the eggs, AGAIN, and this time, in a built wooden cart, courtesy of the Mechanic Pig.The birds then give chase. Contains 45 levels.
Red's Mighty Feathers, consisting two parts. First part, play with classic rule of Angry Birds with Red's Ability. Second part, Egg Defender, use only Red Bird and his ability to . It has 30 levels, 15 classic and 15 Egg Defender.
Short Fuse, Bomb has new ability: Shockwave. Use him to defeat the piggies faster. This episode also have potion, Inflate, Split and Balloon. And more amazing items. It has 45 levels. King Pig is defeated completely in the end.
Bonus: Flock Favorites, a special bonus episode, the levels are based on the themes of the previous episodes (Poached Eggs, Danger Above, Mine and Dine, Bad Piggies, Red's Mighty Feathers, Short Fuse and Surf and Turf). Contains 30 levels.
Bonus: BirdDay 5, a special bonus episode, bring new levels designed by fans. They are based in partners including CERN, Google Play, LucasFilm, National Geographic, NHL, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twitter, UNICEF, WWF and NASA. Contains 30 levels.
You may also use Power Ups in levels of the game. Power Ups can help you improve your scores in levels and help you get more stars.There are 4 Power-Ups, and you can use 2 per level. Here are the 5 Power-Ups
- Power Potion: Formerly called Super Seeds, they can turn any bird on the slingshot bigger, and juicier.
- King Sling: King Sling upgrades your slingshot so that when flung, birds can go faster and farther than before.
- Sling Scope: Sling Scope allows you to see where your bird's gonna go before you fling them.
- Birdquake: Birdquake rumbles the ground in a level and can make pig's structures fall down.
- Shockwave: Is a extra Bomb bird with shockwave to demolish the blockers and pigs.
- Red’s Mighty Feathers: iOS exclusive, Gives a Red bird that can fly into a targeted area, buy and use it in any level. Only available for purchase during the (RED) update.
Power-Ups are limited, and if you run out, you must purchase more to have more with these exceptions.
- Slot Machine: In Angry Birds Classic, you can play any level daily to receive a free daily Power-Up from the "Angry Birds Power-Up Slot Machine". Whatever Power-Up you get three in a row in the Slot Machine, that'll be the Power-Up you'll receive. For example, get three Birdquakes in a row in the Slot Machine, you'll receive a Birdquake. Be aware that the Slot Machine goes only ONCE every day, so once you received your free daily Power-Up, you'll have to wait until the next day to receive another Power-Up from the Slot Machine. Unlike the Space Eagles from Angry Birds Space, which are recieved normally after the hour you received one, when the next day comes, if you start any level, the Slot Machine appears anytime.
- Fun Fact: Power Ups used to be exclusive in Angry Birds Friends until August 2, 2012, which is the day the Power-Ups were updated in the Angry Birds Classic mobile app. Currently it is available for iOS and Android at the time.
A new game, Angry Birds 2, was announced. This game was originally in soft-launch on Canadian App Stores as Under Pigstruction, and was released worldwide on July 30th, 2015.
Angry Birds for Kakao
Angry Birds for Kakao is the Korean version of Angry Birds. The game was released on February 16, 2015 and it's only available on Google Play for Korean marketplace.
The gameplay is still a same as the Original version, but the only differences in Kakao version is they have the lives system and Bird Coins in the game, much like Angry Birds 2.
The Other Versions in the Series Of Angry Birds
Angry Birds made a very huge success in terms of downloads and sales, and Rovio released more versions of the game, including:
- Angry Birds Seasons: The birds chase the pigs through different holidays and seasons, such as Christmas, Halloween, Summer, Valentines Day, and even the First Day of School to retrieve their eggs.
- Angry Birds Rio: The birds get captured, caged and shipped to Rio, Brazil where they meet the protagonists of the movie, Blu and Jewel, and face off the antagonist of the movie, Nigel, take down Mauro and his army of marmosets, and free the Caged Birds, before they can escape back to Piggy Island.
- Angry Birds Friends: Angry Birds Friends, originally called Angry Birds Facebook in 2012, is a game exclusively for Facebook until May, 2013 when was released for mobile. The game features some of the original levels in the classic AB, but contains new episodes called Surf and Turf, Pigini Beach, and Pig Tales which was later updated in Angry Birds Classic. It also introduces Power-Ups which help the birds eliminate the pigs and also were later updated to Angry Birds Classic. It inlcludes weekly tournaments where Angry Birds Friends players face off in weekly levels and whoever gets first place wins the grand prize.
- Angry Birds Space: After a giant claw kidnaps their eggs, the Angry Birds (Red (Red Bird), the Blues: Blue Jay, Blue Jake, and Blue Jim (Blue Bird Trio), Chuck (Yellow Bird), Bomb (Black Bird), Bubbles (Orange Bird), and Terence (Big Brother Bird), chase it into a wormhole and find themselves in space, meet the new Ice Bird, and face new space pigs. And the birds have new powers and costumes.
- Angry Birds Star Wars: Lard Vader kidnaps Princess Stella, while C-3PO and R2-D2 escape the exploding spaceship. Red Skywalker, Chuck Ham Solo, Terebacca, and Obi- Wan (Bomb), C-3P0, and R2-D2 go on a quest to save her. After their rescue of Stella, they must defeat the Pig Empire in levels based on the original Star Wars Trilogy, consisting of episodes IV, V, and VI.
- Angry Birds Star Wars 2: The sequel of Angry Birds Star Wars in which all episodes are based on the Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and Disney XD show: Star Wars Rebels.
- Angry Birds Go!: Is the first non-puzzle strategy free-to-play Angry Birds game of the series. A race was about to start, and the birds are watching from a hill. When they saw the cake as the prize, they decided to join in with the pigs on the race. It is a racing game developed by Rovio. It also introduces another chance to play as the pigs, espacially a new character, F1 Senna.
- Angry Birds Epic: King Pig asks Prince Porky (Freckles) and WizPig (Chef Pig) to get the eggs for him, they kidnap the Eggs and Chuck. It is a turn-based strategy battle game developed by Rovio.
- Angry Birds Stella: An Angry Birds game revolving around Stella and friends in Golden Island. Stella appears to have a new power, Pink Flash, which is slightly similar to that of Lazer Bird in Angry Birds Space. The game also introduces her own friends (including Dahlia, Willow, Luca, and more) which never appeared in the Angry Birds series.
- Angry Birds Transformers: The tenth installment in the Angry Birds series, featuring a crossover with Transformers. The Autobirds and Deceptihogs must team up to stop the EggBots.
- Angry Birds Breakfast: This is the current running co-marketing promotion mini-game presented by Rovio and Nestle. When the pigs attempt to steal the birds' Nesquik from them, the birds must stop them from doing so. You can unlock more levels via a code in the Nesquick cereal box.
- Angry Birds Chrome: A free version of the original Angry Birds featuring the first five episodes of Angry Birds (from Poached Eggs to Ham 'em High) and the first six episodes of Angry Birds Seasons (from Trick or Treat to Summer Pignic, plus Cherry Blossom). It can be played on Google Chrome, or any browser that is powered by Chromium (such as Torch). Sadly, It is already closed.
Angry Birds Original Trailer