Current loading screen
|Length (in levels):||495 levels|
|Released:||December 11, 2009|
Mac OS X
Windows Phone 7
Chrome Web Store
BlackBerry Tablet OS
Facebook (as Angry Birds Friends)
2.1.0 (Microsoft Windows, BlackBerry Tablet OS, Mac OS X)
188.8.131.52 (Google Chrome)
1.5.3 (Windows Phone, WebOS)
1.5.0 (PlayStation Network)
Angry Birds is an application for the iOS, Windows Phone, Bada, Symbian, webOS, Android and Maemo mobile operating systems. It was released by Rovio Entertainment and made in Helsinki, Finland. The objective of the game is to eliminate pigs and destroy their buildings and structures at the same time. This is done by the birds launching themselves out of a giant slingshot and hitting the pigs' various constructs, henceforth eliminating them. Each level allots the player a certain number of birds, which must be used in the order provided.
Each bird has a different ability, such as being able to boomerang back on itself, splitting to three, or exploding, these abilities are activated by tapping the screen while the bird is flying. Below is the list of birds along with their real names that have been revealed sometime.
Main Article: Birds
- Red Bird - Does nothing but does make various battle cries when tapped and does great at popping pigs.
- Blue Bird - Splits into three smaller birds. Works best against glass.
- Yellow Bird - Picks up speed and distance when tapped. Best against wood.
- Black Bird - Explodes when tapped or shortly upon inpact. Best against stone.
- White Bird - Drops an egg bomb that explodes on impact when tapped and does great on wood.
- Boomerang Bird - Comes back like a boomerang when tapped and does great on wood and glass.
- Big Brother Bird - No special abilities when tapped, but destroys materials with ease.
- Orange Bird - Inflates to huge size like a balloon when tapped or upon impact, then deflates a little later. Best against wood.
- Pink Bird - When tapped makes a bubble around her, and lifts up objects like blocks and pigs. The bubbles last for about 3 seconds.
- Mighty Eagle - You first launch sardines and when it hits the ground, the Mighty Eagle will come down, destroy everything in his path hit the ground and cause an earthquake, popping all pigs he missed, then come back up, while also destroying everything in his path; kind of like a V but wider. He must be purchased in-game for 99 cents to use him. He has unlimited use, except for Angry Birds Friends.
The Bad Piggies, the Flock's enemies, are a colossal army of green pigs. They constantly steal the Flock's eggs so they can use them as a alternative source for food. Much like the birds, the pigs are also provided in different varieties, shown below:
- Small Pig
- Medium Pig
- Large Pig
- Helmet Pig
- Moustache Pig
- King Pig
- Postman Pig (only found on the Pause Menu)
- Fat Pig (Only found in Angry Birds Space and in King Pig Minigame in Angry Birds Classic (Refer to Golden King Pig))
- Freckled Pig (Only found in Bad Piggies and in cutscenes during the episode, Bad Piggies, in Angry Birds Classic)
- Mechanic Pig (Only found in Bad Piggies and in cutscenes during the episode, Bad Piggies, in Angry Birds Classic)
Main Article: List of Angry Birds levels
There is a grand total of 495 levels in Angry Birds, including Golden Eggs. These levels are grouped into "episodes". In different episodes, the pigs try to find new ways to escape with the eggs.
- Poached Eggs, the birds find that the eggs are missing, and later they discover that the pigs have stolen the eggs and now the pigs attempt to escape. Contains 63 levels, which must be conquered before any of the other episodes may be played.
- Mighty Hoax, the pigs steal the eggs again, and use a cut-out of the King to distract the birds while they escape. Contains 42 levels.
- Danger Above, the pigs steal the eggs and escape on board using a number of makeshift aircraft. Contains 45 levels.
- The Big Setup, the pigs imprison the birds in a cage to prevent their defeat after stealing the eggs. However, Big Brother bird is still loose and frees the boomerang bird, and they both fight back. Contains 45 levels.
- Ham 'Em High, the pigs, armed with a rope, lasso the eggs out of the bird's nest, and take them to the wild west. Contains 45 levels, and 3 Facebook levels.
- Mine and Dine, the pigs steal the eggs and attempt to hide underground, taking them to the underground mines. Contains 45 levels.
- Birdday Party, the birds find that the pigs have taken their eggs for once again, and this time, along with a piece of their cake. Contains 30 levels.
- Bad Piggies, taking place in levels with the same background as in the App with the same name, "Bad Piggies", the birds discovered their eggs are missing when suddenly Chuck noticed that the Bad Piggies (Now including the Freckled Pig and Mechanic Pig in this episode) have taken the eggs, AGAIN, and this time, in a built wooden cart, courtesy of the Mechanic Pig.The birds then give chase. Contains 45 levels.
- Red's Mighty Feathers, consisting two parts. First part, play with classic rule of Angry Birds with Red's Ability. Second part, Egg Defender, use only Red Bird and his ability to . It has 30 levels, 15 classic and 15 Egg Defender.
- Short Fuse, Bomb has new ability: Shockwave. Use him to defeat the piggies faster. This episode also have potion, Inflate, Split and Balloon. And more amazing items. It has 30 levels, 15 coming soon.
- Non-Sequential: Surf and Turf, a few small pigs with balloons steal the eggs while King Pig and Mustache Pig look on. Contains 45 levels.
You may also use Power Ups in levels of the game. Power Ups can help you improve your scores in levels and help you get more stars.There are 4 Power-Ups, and you can use 2 per level. Here are the 4 Power-Ups:
- Super Seeds: Super Seeds turn any bird on the slingshot bigger and tougher.
- King Sling: King Sling upgrades your slingshot so that when flung, birds can go faster and farther than before.
- Sling Scope: Sling Scope allows you to see where your bird's gonna go before you fling them.
- Birdquake: Birdquake rumbles the ground in a level and can make pig's structures fall down.
Power-Ups are limited, and if you run out, you must purchase more to have more with these exceptions.
- Slot Machine: In Angry Birds Classic, you can play any level daily to receive a free daily Power-Up from the "Angry Birds Power-Up Slot Machine". Whatever Power-Up you get three in a row in the Slot Machine, that'll be the Power-Up you'll receive. For example, get three Birdquakes in a row in the Slot Machine, you'll receive a Birdquake. Be aware that the Slot Machine goes only ONCE every day, so once you received your free daily Power-Up, you'll have to wait until the next day to receive another Power-Up from the Slot Machine. Unlike the Space Eagles from Angry Birds Space, which are recieved normally after the hour you received one, when the next day comes, if you start any level, the Slot Machine appears anytime.
- Fun Fact: Power Ups used to be exclusive in Angry Birds Friends until August 2, 2012, which is the day the Power-Ups were updated in the Angry Birds Classic mobile app. Currently it is available for iOS and Android at the time.
The Other Versions in the Series Of Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons : The birds chase the pigs through different holidays and seasons, such as Christmas, Halloween, Summer, and even the First Day of School to retreive their eggs.
- Angry Birds Rio : The Birds get captured, caged and shipped to Rio, Brazil where they meet the protagonists of the movie, Blu and Jewel, and face off the antagonist of the movie, Nigel, take down Mauro and his army of marmosets, and free the Caged Birds.
- Angry Birds Friends : Angry Birds Friends, originally called Angry Birds Facebook, is a game exclusively for Facebook. The game features some of the original levels in the classic AB, but contains a new episode called Surf and Turf, which was later updated in Angry Birds Classic. It also introduces Power-Ups which help the birds eliminate the pigs and also were later updated to Angry Birds Classic. It inlcludes weekly tournaments where Angry Birds Friends players face off in weekly levels and whoever gets first place wins the grand prize.
- Angry Birds Space : After a giant claw kidnaps their eggs, the Angry Birds (Red (Red Bird), the Blues: Blue Jay, Blue Jake, and Blue Jim (Blue Bird Trio), Chuck (Yellow Bird), Bomb (Black Bird), and Terence (Big Brother Bird), chase it into a wormhole and find themselves in space, meet the new Ice Bird, and face new space pigs. And the birds have new powers and costumes.
- Angry Birds Star Wars : Lard Vader kidnaps Princess Stella, while C-3PO and R2-D2 escape the exploding spaceship. Red Skywalker, Chuck Ham Solo, Terebacca, and Obi- Wan (Bomb), C-3P0, and R2-D2 go on a quest to save her. After their rescue of Stella, they must defeat the Pig Empire in levels based on the orginal Star Wars Trilogy.