Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Angry Birds 2|
|Platforms:||iOS and Android|
|Release Date:||Canada: 5 March 2015 (as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction)
Worldwide: 30 July 2015 (as Angry Birds 2)
Angry Birds 2 (known as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction in Canada) is a puzzle platformer game developed by Rovio Mobile, first soft launched in Canada on March 5 and officially released on July 30, 2015. The direct sequel to Angry Birds utilizes new challenges such as multi-stage levels and boss battles (referred to as boss piggies). The game also introduces new features such as spells and a bird known as Silver.
After the events of Angry Birds, Chef Pig steals the eggs and puts them in an airship, leaving Red to gather the rest of the flock pursuing him and the rest of the pigs. After Chef Pig is defeated, the Foreman Pig takes over followed by the King Pig on defeat. It goes on to avoid the birds from recovering the eggs.
The are a number of new changes from previous games, although the core mechanic of launching birds into Pig Fortresses via the slingshot remains the same. Levels are now selected in the form of an overworld similar to Angry Birds Epic rather than a typical selection screen. Birds are unlocked via accessing treasure chests throughout the overworld. Angry Birds 2 introduces multiple sections labeled as "rooms" in each level (indicated at the top center), thus players must defeat multiple fortresses one at a time in order to advance.
During levels, players are able to select which birds are desired in the form of cards from a pre-determined set. This differs greatly from previous iterations of Angry Birds, as the order of birds until this installment were locked, meaning the player could not choose which birds to fire at their momentary need. A "destructometer" on the upper-right of the screen accumulates points from playing through levels, and filling up the bar will reset it and award the player with an extra bird card. In the event only one bird is used to destroy a fortress, it is referred to as a "strike" (such as in bowling), earning additional points towards the score.
Unlike previous games where players could fail levels without consequence or retry levels as many times as needed, Angry Birds 2 features the usage of lives where there are a limited amount of attempts allowed. This means that the player must have at least one life in order to play a level. The game starts out with five lives, one is deducted every time a level is failed or the player forfeits. Lives regenerate slowly over time (one per thirty minutes), but the player may purchase additional lives to use on demand. It is impossible to lose a life if the player does not launch any birds at the beginning of the level.
The star rank is a new feature in which players accumulate stars to level up the birds currently in their possession. It can be earn through campaign levels or The Nest.
Gem is a currency in Angry Birds 2. They can be used for:
- Continue the levels when out of cards. ( × ≥60)
- Fill all 5 lives instantly. ( × 60)
- Opening the chests. ( × 80~1,600)
- Purchasing the power-ups ( × 50~800)
Gems can be earned in several ways:
- Free chests ( × 3)
- Completing daily quests ( × 3~79)
- Weekly tournament ( × 5~300)
- Through in-game purchases ( × 80~16,800)
There are various game modes in the level campaign.
- Normal Level () - Clear all the pigs to complete the level. (First introduced in level 1; common to find)
- Hard Level () - Clear all the pigs in a harder difficulty to complete the level. (First introduced in level 9; uncommon to find)
- Boss Level - Beat the boss pig in the last room to complete the level. (First introduced in level 5; very uncommon to find)
- Score Level - Score the required points to complete the level. (First introduced in level 14; very rare to find)
To pop the pig, use direct force with the bird, by using abilities, topple structures and fall onto the pig or bringing the pig down into its own death.
- Red — Leader of the Flock!
- Chuck — Good with Wood!
- The Blues — Cool with Ice!
- Matilda — Explosive Spirit!
- Silver Looping Legend
- Bomb — Explosive Temper...
- Terence — Big, Bad, Bold
- Golden Duck - It's Raining Ducks!
- Blizzard - Turns Blocks into Ice
- Hot Chili - The Heat is ON!
- Pig Inflater - Pumped Up Piggies!
- Mighty Eagle - Enough Said!
Spells will rank up if all the birds (and slingshot) have reached the specified level (unless all the birds' level are inconsistent, the lowest level will be applied to spells)
Limited Power Ups (Sponsored Power Ups)
- Buzz's Honey Blaster Spell (Special Honey Nut Cheerios event spell available in the U.S.)
- Octo the Lover Spell (Special Nibblers event spell)
- Monstrous Spell of Mavis (Special Hotel Transylvania 2 event spell)
- Shakira's Love Rocks Spell (Special Love Rocks event spell)
- Idea Advantage Spell (Special Idea MNP Operator event spell available in India)
- Hatchlings Spell (Special The Angry Birds Movie event spell)
- Cardbury Gems Spell (Special Cardbury Gems event spell)
- Release The Catch Spell (Special Support to WWF event spell available only on iOS devices)
- SpinMaster Spell (Special Angry Birds Spinmaster toy spell)
- Birthday Spell (Special Angry Birds 2 1st Birthday)
- Minion Pigs (Some wearing costumes with special abilities, to see a list of them click here)
- Chef Pig (Boss)
- Foreman Pig (Boss)
- King Pig (Boss)
- Helmet Pig (extra protection)
- Golden Pig (when destroyed, it instantly fills the Destruct-o-Meter)
- Umbrella Pig (falls slowly and small protection)
- Rocket Pig (blasts upward when in danger, then parachutes down)
- Balloon Pig (after a while, he inflates a balloon that carries him around)
- Construction Pig (lobs screwdrivers at the Birds)
- Ice Pig (uses his wand to shoot snowballs in an arc)
- Polymorph Pig (transforms birds into various objects such as stones, pigs, rocket or disappears)
- Fireman Pig (incinerates Birds if they come too close)
- Magician Pig (teleports to another location when in danger)
- Chemist Pig (when popped, he changes all the blocks on the screen to one type)
- Explosive Pig (when popped, he explodes)
- Inner Tube Pig (floats on water)
- Scuba Diver Pig (doesn't drown in water)
- Gravity Pig (temporarily disables gravity on objects around him when popped)
- Beamer Pig (uses his gravity beam gun to catch birds and throw them off the stage)
- Piggy Stack (three pigs on top of each other like a tower)
The Nest (Bird Arena)
For details on The Nest, see Angry Birds 2/The Nest.
There are two chests:
- [resets every 30 minutes (or 10 minutes with Tutor upgrade) with a additional rewards by watching an advertisement video]
- (Costs × 80 to open one and costs × 1,600 to open 25 chests)
If the player open the chest, the player may receive:
- × 10~300
- × 3 (free chest only)
- Spells (The commonly Golden Duck to the rarest Mighty Eagle, sometimes will earn multiple copies.)
Complete the quest everyday to earn rewards.
- Pop 30 pigs [Rewards × 3 (or × 4 with Tutor upgrade)]
- Play the arena [Rewards × 10 (or × 15 with Tutor upgrade)]
- Collect 10 stars [Rewards × 10 (or × 15 with Tutor upgrade)]
- Completing Stage 1 daily challenge [Rewards × 10 (or × 15 with Tutor upgrade)]
- Completing Stage 2 daily challenge [Rewards × 10 (or × 15 with Tutor upgrade)]
- Sending a friend a gift [Rewards × 10 (or × 15 with Tutor upgrade)] (Log in to Facebook first)
Score Multiplier Rank
For a list of bird and slingshot ranks, see Angry Birds 2/Score Multiplier Rank
For details on daily challenges, see Angry Birds 2/Daily Challenge.
There are a total of 23 areas with over 781 levels.
|1||Feathery Hills||Beverly Hills||Cobalt Plateaus||1-15|
|2||New Pork City||New York City||Pig City||16-35|
|3||Eggchanted Woods||Enchanted Woods||Bamboo Forest||36-60|
|4||Chirp Valley||N/A||Cobalt Plateaus||61-90|
|6||Greasy Swamp||N/A||Bamboo Forest||121-150|
|9||Misty Mire||N/A||Bamboo Forest||211-240|
|11||Snotting Hill||Notting Hill||Bamboo Forest||281-320|
|12||Fluttering Heights||N/A||Cobalt Plateaus||321-360|
|13||Mount Evernest||Mount Everest||Cobalt Plateaus||361-400|
|14||Ham Francisco||San Francisco||Pig City||401-440|
|15||Pig Bay||Big Bay||Cobalt Plateaus||441-500|
|16||Gravity Grove||N/A||Bamboo Forest||501-540|
|17||The Pig Apple||The Big Apple||Pig City||541-580|
|18||The Hamalayas||The Himalayas||Cobalt Plateaus||581-620|
|20||Hamberg||Hamburg||Cobalt Plateaus||661- 700|
|24||Snout Slough||N/A||Bamboo Forest||821-860|
- Unlike the original Angry Birds games (Angry Birds, Angry Birds Space, etc.), the birds have their Toons appearance (except for Silver, who made her debut in this game).
- The game's name in Canada, Under Pigstruction, is a play on Under Construction, an event used to show that the process of construction is taking place.
- This is the third Angry Birds game after Angry Birds POP! and the Korean version of Angry Birds to feature the lives system. Failing a level will cost a live and after all five lives are used up (All 3 after the Pigsyland update), the player has to either wait for 30 minutes in order to refill lives, watch a video to get a live for free, or refill all 5 lives by paying for gems.
- Now lives system is identical to Candy Crush Saga and its sequels (Soda and Jelly Saga) as there are up to 5 lives and each recharges for 30 minutes.
- As long as the first bird was not launched and the player quits, a live will not be lost despite the level failed screen, similar to mobile versions of Candy Crush Saga.
- This was the first game to give Red an ability
- Corporal Pig does not appear in this game. Technically, there is a Minion Pig who wears Corporal Pig's helmet, from Kombo's episodes of Angry Birds Toons.
- This is the second time a pun on New York City has been made. The first was New Yolk City, the setting of the Super Angry Birds comic.
- Stella, Hal and Bubbles are the only birds from original game that do not appear in this game.
- This was the second Angry Birds video game that does not have its own Toons.TV video app, after Angry Birds Stella POP!, as pressing the Toons.TV button redirects to a browser version. Now it redirects to its own Toons.TV app.
- On the Angry Birds Facebook page, a 3 page comic about the story of Angry Birds 2 was released. This strip revealed why Silver was raised by the pigs. They found her as an egg, and she hatched just before getting cooked.
- The set as avatar character reflects on the main map character before the Oinklahoma update. Afterwards, Red will be on the map.
- When the game was reinstalled, the black pearls will reset to 90.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds 2/Image Gallery.
For this subject's videos and walkthroughs, see Angry Birds 2/Videos.