|Angry Birds Action!|
Current app icon
|Length (in levels):||210 levels|
(Bird Island: 90 levels)
|Released:||February 16, 2016 (New Zealand; soft-launch)
April 28, 2016 (Worldwide)
|Platforms:||iOS (iOS 8.0 or later)|
Android (4.1 and up)
Angry Birds Action! was a pinball video game developed by Tag Games and published by Rovio Entertainment as the thirteenth game in the Angry Birds series, and the first to have the birds appear like their counterparts in The Angry Birds Movie. It uses the basic mechanics of pinball with the various Angry Birds acting as the pinball.
The game was released on February 16, 2016 in the New Zealand as a soft-launch, and then later it was released worldwide on April 28, 2016.
On October 2017, the game was removed from the app stores.
The gameplay of Angry Birds Action! is very different from all previous games in the series. Each level consists of several stages, platforms, on which there are objects that change depending on the level mode, cluttered boxes, barrels, boxes and other items. Instead, there is a huge number of locations. Each location comprises one or more levels. To pass the levels of energy needed for one attempt through the levels one unit of energy expended. The maximum amount of three energies, one unit is restored 19 minutes.
Types of Levels
- Save the Eggs (): Hit a statue to save the eggs.
- Collect Candy () (): Collect all candies in the level.
- TNT Blast (): Destroy all TNTs.
- Save the Hatchlings (): Return Hatchlings to their nest.
- Soccer () (): Kick the balls to the hole.
- Pigs (): Pop all the pigs.
- Beachball (): Bounce/Move faster.
- Ice (): Turn everything around the area to break easier.
- Ghost (): Pass though the walls.
- Aimline (): Scoop further.
- Sticky (): Add extra move.
- Coins (): Use to fills a chest.
- Gems (): Use to revive, buy a power ups.
- Energy (): Use to play on each level.
- Key (): Unlock the boxes after finshed levels.
Each characters has power ability (except Red). In v2.2.0, it features to unlock special boosts by leveling them up.
|Hal is not playable, but only appear in Wheel of Fortune. The re-spin cost 2 gems.|
|He only appeared in early version, but later removed in v2.0.0 along with the plot storyline.|
BirdCodes are augmented reality codes where in the game, you tap the scan button and then aim at the codes. These codes can be located in Angry Birds Movie merchandise and products such from McDonald's, H&M, LEGO Sets, Pez candy dispenser and more which can unlocks some extra content to the game and mini-games.
An inaudible digital watermark will play at the end credits of the movie which will unlock Piggy Island from the game (no longer possible as of the Big Pig update, since its now unlocked from the beginning) and also exclusive clips from the movie, which varies where you watch it.
- If you open the game in theaters during the closing credits, the inaudible digital watermark will appear at the start of the second half, and the bonus scene gotten shows an special ending of the movie, where Chuck gets his Spinning Billy from the recently-exploded city in Piggy Island.
- If you open the game in the 4K UHD, Blu-Ray 3D, Blu-Ray or DVD versions, you will get an clip featuring the Hatchlings and extra keys after finished levels.
- If you open the game in the Digital version, you will get an clip from Mighty Eagle and replace airplane to Mighty Eagle.
The watermark is retained in the upcoming airings on STARZ, and is not appeared on the upcoming syndicated versions on networks.
For this game achievements, see Angry Birds Action!/Achievements.
Models and Sprites
Screenshots from the app stores
- This is the third Angry Birds game to feature 3D graphics, after Angry Birds Go! and Angry Birds Transformers. It is also the second game to portray the birds and pigs with limbs, again after Angry Birds Transformers.
- Some of the sounds are reused. Such as Silver's laugh after complete levels, King Pig's laughter from Angry Birds Epic while an airplane drops obstacles onto the playing field.
- This is also first Angry Birds game to use the character designs from The Angry Birds Movie.