Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Angry Birds POP!|
The Hatchlings update
|Length (in levels):||1325|
|Rovio Entertainment, Outplay Entertainment|
|Released:||December 22, 2014 (Canada; soft launch)|
March 12, 2015 (Worldwide)
October 29, 2015 (Facebook)
|Platforms:||Android, iOS, PC|
|Version(s):||IOS: 2.30.0 |
Facebook: Finalized as 1.18.1
Angry Birds POP! (originally known as Angry Birds Stella POP!) is a bubble shooter of the Angry Birds series, and formerly, the second game of the Angry Birds Stella series. The game released on December 22, 2014 in the Canada App Store and released worldwide on March 12, 2015. On October 29, 2015, the game was added to Facebook.
- Red (formerly playable for a limited time, but now available in the "Drop the Pigs" levels and "Defeat King Pig" levels)
- Chuck (formerly playable for a limited time, but now available in the "Piggy in the Middle" levels)
- Stella (only "Pop the Top", used to be playable in "Drop the Pigs" and "Defeat Gale" )
- Matilda (formerly playable for a limited time, but now available in the "Free the Hatchlings" levels)
- Bomb (formerly playable for a limited time, but now available in the "Beat the Clock" levels)
- Terence (only appears during the Christmas update in 2015)
- Poppy (formerly playable, however was removed from v2.24 onwards)
- Willow (formerly playable, however was removed from v2.24 onwards)
Limited Time Birds
For a list of limited time birds, see Angry Birds POP!/Limited Time Birds.
- Bees () (Every successful pop will bring in one bee into the playing field up to 3 bees. Miss one will lose one, and changes color every 3 successful pop. Drop onto it will bounce to score points, color changes from green to purple and to orange)
The game features the slingshot lined up in the bottom center, the player flings the bubble to pop bubbles at the top with a combination of three or more bubbles with the same color. Each level will be given a limited number of bubbles indicated beside the slingshot known as the bubble count. Sometimes, there are some obstacles and special blocks appears at the top along with the bubbles. The game also has lives like all other match-3 games. Each level attempt must have at least a live in order to play. When you run out of bubbles, there will be an option to continue by purchasing 12 x in exchange for 5 bubbles and 1 x each time or to give up. When you give up, will lose one of the lives. Afterwards, you may retry or if available watch an advertisement video to earn free boost at the beginning of the next attempt. If you lost all the lives, you must purchase with 10 x to continue playing. The game will feature the five characters that appears in Angry Birds Stella formerly, and after the Hamhock Holmes update, 4 characters from Angry Birds and Stella remained. Each character will have a special power that can be used when the Pop Meter is full to unlock powerful boosts from their powers like Stella's Power Pop, Bomb's Blast Pop and many more. To fill the Pop Meter, you have to get x6 Streaks, that means 6 pops in a row. The levels are in different modes and each of them marked as an icon and the level number (). Each kind of levels have a music in the game that distinguish types of gameplay. When the level is completed, the number of stars earned and if golden feather was achieved it will be shown on the map (refer to this game gallery). Here we will show you a list of the kinds of levels that has been known:
|Drop the Pigs||Help Red (formerly Stella) to pop bubbles and drop all the pigs to win the level!|
|Pop the Top||Pop any 6 top row bubbles to complete the level!|
|Piggy in the Middle||Help Chuck (formerly Dahlia) drop the pig by popping everything around him.|
|Free the Hatchlings||Help Matilda (formerly Willow) free the Hatchlings! Pop bubbles around them.|
|Beat the Clock||Help Bomb (formerly Poppy) to pop all the bubbles before he runs out of time.|
|Defeat King Pig||King Pig (formerly Gale) and the minion pigs will stop you from clearing the level.|
Each bird has a special pop when their streak meter is full.
- Stella (): Power Pop: Pops bubbles and obstacles except rocks around an area.
- Dahlia: Color Pop: Pops all bubbles of the color that is hit. With the v.2.3.0 update, her ability is the same as Chuck's when he is available for a limited time. This pop is called the Science Pop.
- Willow (): Splash Pop: Colors bubbles in an area the same color as the next bubble. She is now no longer playable and was removed in v2.34.
- Poppy (): Line Pop: Pop rows of bubbles. It allows the play the player to complete in less time. She is now no longer playable and was removed in v2.34.
- Red (): Rock Pop: Pops up to 4 bubbles, including obstacles.
- The Blues Triple Pop (Triple Threat): Pops bubbles around three areas.
- Chuck (): Flash Pop: Pops all bubbles in a column. (Including rocks, making his ability very useful) With the v.2.3.0 update his ability is the same as Dahlia when she was available permanently. This pop is called color pop.
- Shakira Bird Love Pop: Adds all the bubbles it hits(excluding special ones) into your "bubble bank", giving extra moves. It does not increase the timer in Poppy levels. It provides added moves. She was no longer playable and was removed permanently including on the map.
- Bomb (): Blast Pop: Pops all bubbles and blocks in a row. However, this only clears 3 items to each side. In version v2.34, he is now permanently playable and his blast pop is the same as Poppy.
- Luca Sonic Pop: Drops in an area of bubbles. However, it does not add into your "bubble bank", unlike Shakira bird. Does not increase timer in Poppy levels.
- Matilda Flock Pop: The same as Shakira's Love Pop except it does increase timer in Poppy levels. In v2.34, she is now permanently playable and her ability is the same as Willow. Her special pop is now Splash Pop ().
- Hatchlings (): Prize Pop: The same as Willow except it transforms bubbles to prize bubbles.
- Gale (): Royal Pop: The same as Willow except it transform bubbles into royal bubbles. Hit it with any colored bubble.
- Phantom Bird Opera Pop: The same as Red's ability.
- Super Red (iOS exclusive) Super Rock Pop: The same as Red's ability.
- Christmas Red: The same as original Red.
Boosters are powerful powerups that can be obtained by completing daily quest or by watching an advertisement video. They can be used on demand in the gameplay.
For advertisement video free booster, it replaces one bubble with the booster.
For a list of boosters and how to use them, see Angry Birds POP!/Boosters.
For a list of areas, see Angry Birds POP!/Areas.
Since version 2.15, players are given 3 tasks to complete for 3 reward items such as boosters and gold. (X denotes the item variable and Y denotes the number value)
- Pop X Y bubbles
- Bounce X Y bubbles
- Complete Y levels
- Spend Y
- Play as X Y times
- Use X booster Y times
- Drop X Y bubbles
- Earn Y X golden feathers
- Send Y lives to friends
- Swap bubbles Y times
A quest will be shown when the level was completed.
Collect rewards for each of the completed task. One booster for the first 2 tasks, and the last task will be a mystery boost reward either 2x or 3x of a boost.
By purchasing any bundle containing an infinite lives timer, the player will have unlimited lives and will not consume one when failed to complete the level. The expiry timer is shown on the lives left meter.
- This has the most number of levels in all Angry Birds games, the second most was from Angry Birds Seasons.
- This is the fifth Angry Birds Game/Spinoff without regular gameplay.
- This is the 1st time Red does appear in an Angry Birds Game/Spinoff formerly (See Teaser)
- Angry Birds Seasons, the second Angry Birds game, came 2 years after the first Angry Birds game. However, Angry Birds Stella Pop was announced 2 months after Angry Birds Stella was released.
- This is the first Angry Birds game played in portrait orientation.
- This is the first time a character who is playable before appears but is not playable
- There is a lives system in this game. It works similar to Candy Crush Saga as failing a level costs 1 live and recharging for 30 minutes each.
- This is the first Angry Birds video game that does not have its own Toons.TV video app, formerly, and now it has its own.
- Red is the first bird to appear as a guest star twice.
- This game is one of the few Angry Birds games that is also available on Facebook besides Angry Birds Friends.
- It is possible to get zero stars on levels, which means you fail the level. This makes the first Angry Birds game to do this. (Angry Birds Epic does not count because the game only gets zero stars on equipment's.)
- Some of the Time-Limited Birds appeared on mobile, and not available on the Facebook version.
- When losing in Drop the Pigs levels on the Facebook version, Red's voice sounded like Poppy.
- In Facebook version, if there is an error with the game, such as internet being disconnected or synchronization errors, you will lose a live if you are playing in the level.
- In the 1.4.30 update, the player can choose between the bird required for the main level or Red when he was available for a limited time (from March 21st 2015 to June 3rd 2015).
- Red is also the first playable male from this game.
- Also, when playing with Red, you see a feather along with the stars. In order to get the feather, the player must complete the level with Red. The game actually says that "the feathers might be valuable"
- Red has been removed as of June 4th 2015, but the collected feathers still stay in the game.
- Even if removed, he still appears in the map while playing a guitar.*The Blues appeared in the 1.7.2 update as playable birds in the same manner as Red(avaliable from July 6th to July 20th). However, they require blue feathers.
- Blue feathers are earned in the same way as Red: by beating a certain score and completing the level.
- Just like Red, The Blues stay for 2 weeks straight, and after they're not going to be playable after the timer is out.
- Chuck also appears in the game.
- Since v1.8.0 update, the Stella name was removed from the app store's title and the new name is Angry Birds POP!. It was probably due the Stella game was discontinued.
- Even as v2.3.0 update, Red and Chuck are now permanent playable birds. Dahlia was a limited time bird at that time.
- Before the v2.3.0 update, the limited time birds have their respective feathers. As of the said update, all of their feathers are now as of one- golden feathers.
- In version 2.15, daily tasks were added. However, in this update, during the level gameplay, player may activate the bird boost instantly with coins on x3 to x5 streak.
- In v2.11.2 mobile update, UI menus have changed.
- The Hatchlings introduced in v2.12.0 was to promote the upcoming The Angry Birds Movie.
- The Blues were available on the June 23, 2016 for the second time as a part of summer treats for a limited time.
- This is the second time the Hatchlings appear as the guest star twice. When the Hatchlings was first introduced, the player has to collect treats for a reward. In the second appearance of the Hatchlings, the player has to complete 3 daily tasks the same manner as Terence's Tasks to earn one part of the movie poster and a booster. Collect all 4 parts to complete a poster.
- In v2.26 update, the Phantom limited time bird was mainly recycled from Red with Halloween costume and modification to the special pop.
- Willow's Theme remain despite her being removed from the game.
- In v1.3.0 Facebook update, Time Limited Birds were added.
- On Facebook v 1.10.1, daily tasks were added, alongside with the movie posters. It was given 14 days instead of 30 in mobile.
- Some of the level numbers shown on the map was cut-off by the objects overlapping on it.
- Shakira Bird is still on the map however, she does not animate.
This article contains information about an abandoned object.
The content of the article or this section may have been scrapped during development from the game, characters, or other Angry Birds medias.
On September 17, 2016, it was announced that the game on Facebook will be officially discontinued to continue with the mobile version of Angry Birds POP!. This game on Facebook will be closing on December 21, 2016.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds POP!/Image Gallery.
For the soundtrack version, see Angry Birds POP! Soundtrack.
For unused content, see Angry Birds POP! Unused Content.