|Angry Birds Star Wars II|
Windows Phone 8
|Release Date:||September 18, 2013|
October 24, 2013 (PC)
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a sequel to Angry Birds Star Wars, focusing on the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith). It is the sixth installment of the Angry Birds series and the third to be a crossover, after Rio and Star Wars.
The primary feature of Star Wars II is the ability to side with either the Republic (Bird Side), or the Dark Side (Pork Side), each with their own sets of playable characters and chapters. The game also features the use of "Telepods" plastic stands that enable players to import specific figures into the game, which can then be used in-game.
See here for more info on characters and powers.
- Male Matilda as Qui-Gon Jinn
- Bomb as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- New Bird (Owl) as Yoda
- Droid Matilda as C-3PO (Gold, Silver)
- Egg as R2-D2
- New Bird as Jar Jar Binks
- Red as Anakin Skywalker (Podracer, Jedi Padawan, Sith Apprentice)
- Stella as Padmé Amidala
- Chuck (and bomb) as Captain Panaka
- Bomb (colored brown) as Mace Windu
- The Blues as Jedi Younglings
- New Bird as Kit Fisto
- New Bird as Wicket the Ewok
- Pig as Jango Fett
- King Pig as Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine
- Pig as Battle Droid/Red
- Pig as Droideka
- Pig as Darth Maul
- Foreman Pig as Count Dooku
- Female Pig as Zam Wesell
- Pig as Boba Fett
- Pig as Biker Scout
- Pig as Shadowtrooper
- Fat Pig as Jabba
- Pig as Shocktrooper
- Pig as Royal Guard
- Pig as Tusken Raider
Telepods Exclusive from the first game
- Red as Luke Skywalker (Jedi, Endor, Pilot)
- Stella as Princess Leia (Boushh as coming soon)
- Chuck as Han Solo (Original, Carbonite)
- Chuck (colored brown) as Lando Calrissian
- Terence as Chewbacca
- Pig as Stormtrooper
- Pig and Red as Darth Vader
- New Bird (Owl) as Yoda
- King Pig as Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine)
- Pig as Boba Fett
- Pig as Tie Fighter Pilot
- Red (colored white) as Naboo Royal Security Officers (Yellow/Red/Captain)
- New Bird as Jawa
- New Bird as Gungan
- Male Matilda as Qui-Gon-Jinn (enemy)
- Bomb as Obi-Wan-Kenobi (enemy)
- Pig as Battle Droid (normal and red as coming soon)
- Pig as Tusken Raider
- Pig as Sebulba
- Pig as Nute Gunray
- Pig as Rune Haako
- Pig as Droid Starfighter
- Female pig as Zam Wesell (enemy)
- Pig (and bird nose) as Clone Trooper
- Pig as Watto (name in shop)
- New Bird as Boss Nass
- New Bird as Ki-Adi-Mundi
- New Bird as Plo koon
Star Wars Rebels (coming soon)
- Red as Ezra Bridger
- Chuck as Kana Jarrus
- Stella (colored yellow) as Sabine Wren
- Bomb (colored purple) as Gazareb "Zeb" Orrelios
- New Female Bird as Hera Syndulla
- Egg as C1-10P (chooper)
- Pig as Inquisitor
- Pig as Chikatro Vizago
- Pig as Agent Kallus
- Pig as Imperial Officer
- Pig as AT-DP Pilot
- Pig as Vizago Droids
Angry Birds Star Wars II has more than 150 levels now. In each episode, there are two sides: Bird and Pork side. In the first episode, you have to play as bird side before pork. But the other ones, you can choose side to play and collect more enough stars for each episode to play another side. These are episodes in the game so far.
Episodes and Planets
- Naboo Invansion - Naboo and Space Ship
- Escape to Tatooine - Tatooine
- Battle of Naboo - Naboo and Space Ship (B3-40)
- Rise of the Clones - Coruscant and Kamino
- Reward Chapter - Otoh Gunga City
- Master Your Destiny - Naboo, Space Ship, Tatooine, (Coruscant and Kamino as coming soon)
There are twenty levels each side each episode. In the pause menu, the level codes are B or P following with episode number-level number in this episode such as:
- B1-1 means level 1 in the bird side of the first episode.
- P2-12 means level 12 in the pork side of the second episode.
- Bomb and Chuck are colored brown to show that the actors in real life are African-American. The same thing goes to Lando Calrissian from the first game.
- This is the first game based on Angry Birds to allow Pigs to directly combat Birds, as in the original Angry Birds, they fought eggs in the bonus King Pig levels, and in Bad Piggies, they were forced to defend from and evade the Birds.
- This is the first Angry Birds game to not use the original character's designs as a base to make the new characters. For example, Red looks exactly the same in the original, Rio, and Seasons, and in Space, he just gets a mask. However, in this game, his design is completely different, in fact he seems to use his Toons sprite, along with the Younglings and the Emperor. Bomb is also displayed with a different design on his beak, also similar to Toons.
- In the game, the Battle Droids are Green-Yellow, but its telepod figure is white.
- In the game, Chewbacca's belt is on the right, but its telepod figure belt is on the left.
- This is the first game that Red is not the first playable Bird. Instead, The Mighty Eagle is, and Red is fifth to appear.
- As in the previous game, enemy pigs (or birds) can be killed by tapping them on the level selection screen.
- Acording to the back of the Telepods box it said that you can unlock 2 characters in the app.
- This game has DK readers books based on the story of the game.
- The Red Battle Pig's power is the same as Lando Bird in the first game.
- Telepods cannot be used in the PC version and credits cannot be purchased. Instead the player gets credits for starting each level.Lando Bird and the Rebel Birds are the only birds in Angry Birds Star Wars to not reappear in it's sequel. But Lando Bird is replaced by Red battle droids in V.1.1.0. and the Rebel Birds briefly appear in a Telepods Trailer.
- it is quite curious that one can play as characters from the original Star Wars trilogy, such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader as this interferes with continuity in the storyline (for example, Luke wasn't born until Episode 3, Darth Vader is playable in Episode 1's levels, before Anakin becomes a Sith.)
- The playable Battle Pig is completely yellow, but the non-playable version has green on the bottom, snout and the ears.
- There were 32 characters in v1.0.0 but in v1.1.0 now there is 36 characters with 4 added characters.
Differences From the Movie
- Nute Gunray and Rune Haako was never shown in the "Naboo Invasion" invasion, even though they did in the movie.
- Palpatine and Maul never appeared as holograms in the first "Naboo Invasion" cutscene.
- Jinn and Obi-Wan never met with Yoda, nor did Yoda helped them defeat battle droids, rather Yoda is in the Jedi Council with other Jedis.
- Captain Panaka and Padme was not in trouble with the Pig Tank, only Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan saved Jar Jar from the Pig Tank. There wasn't a sequential chapter where Kenobi, Jinn and Jar Jar went to the underwater city of naboo.
- The Pork Side stories is mixed and started in the storyline of "Attack of the Clones."
- Jango Fett, Count Dooku, and Zam Wesell was never in episode 1.
- It is unknown why Jango was the first playable pig in the storyline of episode 1.
- Darth Maul never met Count Dooku and Zam Wesell.
- Dooku didn't join the Dark Side until after the death of Darth Maul.
- The Jedi Council was never shown in the game, until "Rise of the Clones".(though it wasn't the whole roster.)
- Qui-Gon, Kenobi, Padme, Jar Jar, and Panaka never ran into Maul and Dooku after Anakin won the Race. Anakin was never shown as a kid in the game, only his podracer pilot outfit.(although he is smaller and has a more childish voice than his adult counterpart.)
- Qui-Gon was never stunned by a Lightsaber, Rovio probably made it "stun" for the game to be more kid-friendly. Darth Maul was never defeated in the game, so he could probably appear in future levels.
- There isn't a cutscene where Maul fell into the hole or him battling the heartbroken Obi-Wan. Darth Maul was never cut in half by Kenobi, probably to make the game more kid friendly. Rune Haako was never in the game.
- ↑ ♙http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-star-wars-ii-coming-sept-19/
- ↑ http://androidcommunity.com/angry-birds-star-wars-ii-coming-in-september-with-telepods-support-20130715/