Angry Birds Stella is the spin-off series of Angry Birds released on September 4, 2014.
The game features Stella in the starring role taking a vacation from her adventures with the Flock, traveling to Golden Island and visiting an assortment of characters created exclusively for the game, including four new playable Birds and improved visuals resembling the Angry Birds Toons shorts.
On December 30, 2013, the first teaser image shows in Rovio’s “New Tricks” video.
The Angry Birds Stella was announced on February 12, 2014, Rovio posted a picture with silhouettes of some new characters. The next day was published new pictures, announcements, which it became clear that this will be a new game with new characters.
On February 14, 2014, the developers announced Telepods for the upcoming game.
Developers have released posters showing the new birds and their homes. The cinematic trailer was released on July 24, 2014. Also on this day, demo version of the game was presented at the international festival of San Diego Comic-Con International. They released a videos with meet the characters on August 2014 and the gameplay teaser was released on August 28, 2014.
The Angry Birds Stella animated series was released on October 25, 2014 for exclusive premiere.
The v1.1.1 update, New Pigs on the Block added the storyline that features Stella and her friends in their treehouse looking for their house's missing items that were stolen by the pigs and they must complete random levels to retrieve the items.
Rovio has partnered with Worldreader and Room to Read, two literacy charities, to produce a series of books featuring its Angry Birds Stella characters. In 2015, they plan to release a series of comic books based off the game. The comic was published by Le Lombard. The first volume was released in France on May 2015, the comic is also released in Czech, Dutch, Spanish, and German, it's unknown the comic will be released in English.
Get ready for something new in the Angry Birds Universe! Meet Stella and her friends, a group of feisty characters with a shared love for fun, adventure, and creativity. The story of Stella swings the fans to parts of the Angry Birds world we've never seen before. Angry Birds Stella is all about inspiration, empowerment and other real issues, without forgetting entertainment and fun.
"Angry Birds Stella is breaking the mold by introducing strong, passionate characters who really stand for something, while adding plenty of action and reality into the mix," said Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio Entertainment. "The Angry Birds Stella story will live and evolve physical and digital, bridging them in fun and innovative ways. Stella and her friends are here to stay, with plenty of adventures ahead of them."
Angry Birds Stella will bring fans a wide range of entertainment across multiple media, such as games, animation, toys, books, and other retail products for many years to come. Stay tuned for more details, including exciting products and partnerships lined up for the future.
Main Article: Album
Just as the original game of the series, players use a slingshot to shoot an assortment of birds to nearby structures, with an intent to pop all the green pigs that can be either near, in, or on the structures.
There are two chapter in Angry Birds Stella.
- Chapter 1: Branch Out
- Chapter 2: Beach Day
- Chapter 3: Cancelled as the game was discontinued (see Discontinuation)
Non Sequential: Random Levels (Levels around the Golden Island).
- Stella (she can ricochet off all materials only twice. The second time is stronger than the first.)
- Poppy (She spins straight down through most types of blocks, but better through wood and glass)
- Luca (His sonic blast shatters glass and goes through wood effectively. It doesn’t travel through stone.)
- Willow (As you tap and hold she pivots and upon release she saws through wood and glass with ease and some difficulty with stone, but they will alter her trajectory)
- Dahlia (She will teleport in the direction she is headed. Tap and hold and then release when she’s where you want her.)
- Gale (playable by choice after the first episode is cleared, does not appear in any levels by default. She has a power to destroy every painting golden blocks that you've painted when you choose her., but you can only paint in a line.)
- Minion Pig (oinks)
- Handsome Pig(oinks with style)
- Boom Pig (goes “boom” when popped)
- Heli Pig (Hovers in the air)
- Space Pig (makes all blocks and pigs ignore gravity)
- Big Pig (Causes earthquakes he lands)
- Muscle Pig (Square and together. Won’t roll either)
- Ninja Pig (Swaps places with other pigs when in danger)
- Jetpack Pig ( hovers and will spiral down and explode when defeated)
- Cursed Pig/Zombie Pigs (comes back as a zombie pig when popped)
- Crossfit Pig (transforms all regular pigs into muscle pigs)
- Necro Pig (brings back any popped pigs as zombie pigs)
- Explosive Fruit Box (explode when broken)
- Vortex Box (pulls all objects towards the center for a couple of seconds)
- Box of Coins (explode and spreads around coins that can be collected)
- Geyser Box (pushes all objects in the area up)
- Pig in a Box (it’s a pig hiding in a box)
- Anti-Gravity Box (explodes and makes surrounding objects levitate for a couple of seconds)
Lost and Found
If you win a random level you can win useful items below:
Hammer Power-Up: is first unlocked on level 13. Press it at anything or any enemy to destroy that thing or enemy. After using it it takes a certain amount of pigs for it to recharge or you can spend coins and use it immediately.
Main Article: Angry Birds Stella/Image Gallery
Angry Birds Stella POP
On December 25th, 2014, Rovio revealed Angry Birds Stella POP, indeed confirming Stella is a series.
On v1.8.0 update, the game changed its name from Angry Birds Stella POP to Angry Birds POP.
Currently, it is unknown if there will be a 3rd Stella game after this, as there is a chance that the stella series could be discontinued as well.
The game has received generally mixed reviews with a Metacritic score of 67/100 based on 8 reviews. Pocket Gamer UK said, "It's Angry Birds. If you care about that any more then you'll probably find something to enjoy. Just watch out for the timers." Some reviewers have praised the game for its introduction of new characters and return to the original style of gameplay.
- Angry Birds Stella is the first main game in the series as a whole where the playable Birds are not given alternative names named after their color or an attribute to the character.
- The following reasons of why Angry Birds Stella is a unique game.
- There is only one returning playable Bird.
- It is the only Angry Birds Game or Spinoff where Red does not appear directly.
- It is the first Angry Bird Game to be directly aimed at a feminine audience.
- It is the only game where the villain is female.
- It is the only game where the flock has only 1 male member.
- It is the only game where the main character is female.
- It is one of the only games to have its own Comic-Con Panel.
- It is the only game where the main villain does not appear in the final level.
- This is the first game where the main villain is a bird, as well as the first depiction of infighting amongst the birds.
- This is the only game where all of the birds sport unique eye colors, with none of them ever having black eyes (light blue, dark blue, green, brown, orange, and yellow). In fact, the only characters with black eyes are the pigs.
- In the in-game files, the game is referred to as "Purple" and "PURPLE_BIRD" on multiple occasions, possibly referring to Gale.
- Each of the birds abilities are similar to those from previous games.
- This game used to have a Facebook Glitch. You didn't have to connect Facebook to play the game or you couldn't play the game anymore. You had to uninstall the game and reinstall it. Makes you lose all progress because Rovio Account is not available in this game.
- Hidden in the credits of Angry Birds Stella you will find a fun mini-game where the objective is to keep the pigs up in the air to bounce the pigs to the pillows and get safety to the pigs.
- For the first time ever the Zombie Pigs are available out Halloween Tournament in Angry Birds Friends.
- For unlock the new pigs the player must pass the levels until level 33.
- Angry Birds Stella has the Wheel of Fortune as Angry Birds Epic but here you can win nothing instead of win any 3 rewards.
- You can play 5 non-sequential levels, later you must wait among few minutes and one hour and half.
- This game has now Bird and Pig side, as Angry Birds Star Wars 2, and Gale was placed in Bird Side.
- The update v1.1.0 has a Special level, it irregularly appers (Old themes: Christmas, New Year, Transformers, Chemistry).
- In v1.1.0 you can see your Facebook friends on map.
- The update v1.1.0 shows Stella and her friends on top of tree with your Lost and Found items.
- The Lost and Found items can be ungradable, them have between 3 and 5 pieces.
- To unlock new Random Levels, you can pay coins to open instantly.
- Random Levels gift you with one, two or three pieces of crystals, and these crystal are collected to pass a level.
- When you collect all pieces of item you win more crystal pieces.
- You can see Red and King Pig as Luca's toy, inside a car, referencing Angry Birds Go!
- Red can also be seen as a logo on the Game Console, near the television.