Angry Birds Toons is a Finnish cartoon series that is based off the Angry Birds franchise. It premiered on March 16 and March 17.
Rovio had announced a TV series based on the Angry Birds video games for Q4 2012. They planed to produce 52 short (sub-3 minute) episodes. The series was produced by Finnish animation studio Kombo, which Rovio bought in June 2011. The series will have 52 episodes, 4 seasons, and the theme song will be Angry Birds. "I am happy to say we are going to roll out a weekly animation series this year of short format content," said Nick Dorra, head of animation at Rovio. It aired on the Angry Birds apps on March 16 and 17, 2013. They are also starting to release the series on DVD and Blu-ray, starting with Season One Volume One in December 2013. Then in 2014 they announced a second season for the show on October 19. The season had 26 episodes not like the 1st. Later in 2015 they announced a third season from the series on October 1st.
- See List of Angry Birds Toons Episodes
- See List of Angry Birds Toons Season 2 episodes
- See List of Angry Birds Toons Season 3 episodes
- Antti Pääkkönen: Red, King Pig, Minion Pigs
- Antti LJ Pääkkönen: Chuck, Matilda, Corporal Pig, Minion Pigs, Bubbles
- Heljä Heikkinen and Lynne Guaglione: The Blues
- Pasi Ruohonen: Bomb
- Rauno Ahonen: Moustache Pig
- Heljä Heikkinen: Terence
- Aku Laitinen: Chef Pig
- Ilmari Hakkola, Salla Hakkola, Kim Helminen, Antti Kemppainen, Ida Koivisto, Eero Koivunen, Mika Niinimaa, Mikko Paju, Johanna Raman and Sami Timonen: Crowd of Minion Pigs
- Gian Majidi: Tenor Pig
- Despite being shown in the Meet the Flock trailer, Stella has yet to formally appear in any episode of Angry Birds Toons, since she only appeared in one trailer.
- Bubbles only appears in Halloween Specials (which are: Night of the Living Pork, Sweets of Doom, and Porcula).
- Hal is the only character that did not appear in any episode of the series.
- In Latin America, the series is aired in the Latin American children's channel, Discovery Kids (there was also an U.S.A version, but it was terminated in 2010 and was replaced with The Hub channel).
- In the Twitter art, Bomb has a grey spot atop his head similar to how he originally had a white spot atop his head but was later removed.
- ↑ Angry Birds Lands on Nick
- ↑ Angry Birds Space Headed to Nickelodeon
- ↑ Angry Birds animated series coming this fall, is a movie next?
- ↑ Angry Birds animated TV series to premiere in Autumn 2012
- ↑ Rovio confirms Angry Birds mobile animation series