Angry Birds Trilogy is a compilation of Angry Birds games and episodes for the Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PlayStation 3 by Rovio Entertainment and Activison. It bundles Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio on one disc or 3DS cartridge. It also includes various gameplay updates. It costs U.S. $29.99 on the Nintendo 3DS as of July 12th, 2012.
Rovio has said:
- "The backgrounds have been animated, we’ve added lighting modes, reactive backgrounds, the list goes on and on. We believe that there are a lot of people on the consoles who appreciate a great casual game play experience. This is a game that resonates across a wide audience on many platforms.'"
- "There are new cinematics, extras and other entertaining content."
The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Angry Birds Trilogy are currently released. The release date for the 3DS version is October 2012 on Gamefaqs, but the same date as the other two versions on Gamestop.com. In February 2013, Rovio Entertainment announced that the game will be released on the Wii and Wii U later this year due to selling more than a million copies. It will be released on those consoles on August 13, 2013. Also, Angry Birds Star Wars will be released on PS3, Xbox 360, PSVita, 3DS, Wii and Wii U on October 29, 2013.
Episodes and Gameplay
Contrary to popular belief, not all episodes are featured, however, more levels will be added through DLC Packs.
- Classic: Poached Eggs through Mine and Dine (Birdday Party if purchased the Anger Management pack) (Bad Piggies if purchased the Foul Tempered pack)
- Seasons: Trick or Treat through Mooncake Festival (Ham'o'ween if purchased the Anger Management pack) (Haunted Hogs if purchased the Foul Tempered pack)
- Rio: Smuggler's Den through Smuggler's Plane
- Anger Management Pack: Unlocks Birdday Party for Classic and Season 2 levels (Ham'o'ween through Piglantis for Seasons with the Mighty Dragon and the Orange Bird in Classic and Seasons.
- Fowl Tempered Pack: Unlocks Bad Piggies (episode) (first 15 levels) and Surf and Turf for Classic and Back to School, Haunted Hogs, and Winter Wonderham for Seasons, with the Pink Bird unlocked in Trilogy in Seasons starting with Back to School.
Nintendo 3DS has 3D and StreetPass functionality.
Xbox 360 has Kinect support.
PlayStation 3 has PlayStation Move support.
All three games included in the collection have Bonus Levels.
The game also includes biographies of the Birds, new backgrounds and new animated HD cutscenes.
The game also has a level progression detector, with 3 blank stars at the top of the games and episodes. Collect stars and the stars will be filled. One star means you've collected 1/3rd. 2 means 2/3rd. And 3 means 3/3rd.
- Classic Episode 2: Mighty Hoax — Earn at least 63 stars in Angry Birds Classic.
- Seasons Episode 2: Season's Greedings — Earn at least 25 stars in Angry Birds Seasons.
- Rio Episode 2: Jungle Escape — Earn at least 30 stars in Angry Birds Rio.
- Hal, Bubbles and Stella do not have Bird Biographies in this game as of yet.
- The only Golden Eggs that are not in this game are: Levels 1, 6, 8, 11, 27 and the Golden King Pig, making only 23 Golden Eggs in Classic. The Golden Beachball in Rio is one of the Golden Eggs instead.
- The Mighty Eagle can now be used if the player loses 5 times or completes the level.
- The original Angry Birds game had the regular theme changed to the Trilogy's theme when the episode "Red's Mighty Feather's" was added.
- In the cutscenes, Matilda does not appear as she usually does in the original game cutscenes.
- ↑ http://nintendo3dsblog.com/angry-birds-is-coming-to-the-nintendo-3ds-later-this-year/
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/rovio-wants-angry-birds-space-on-all-the-screens-vita-version/
- ↑ http://nintendo3dsblog.com/angry-birds-trilogy-is-coming-to-3ds/
- ↑ http://nintendo3dsblog.com/angry-birds-trilogy-to-cost-29-99/
- ↑ Angry Birds Trilogy Flapping To Wii And Wii U This Year
- ↑ 
- ↑ 'Angry Birds Star Wars' coming to every gaming console known to man October 29th