|Angry Birds Wiki|
Angry Birds Wiki is an informative site for all things Angry Birds. Please follow these rules for the benefit of this wiki and its community within other users. These rules apply to making pages, editing the wiki and everything in between.Violating the rules below will very likely get you banned for a period of time or infinitely, depending on the severity of the action, or past violations done by the suspected user.
Rules and Regulations
- In accordance to COPPA, users under the age of 13 are not allowed to be editors on the wiki.
- If a user is revealed to be underage, please calmly report it with evidence to an administrator.
- Observe civil behavior; do not argue, insult, threaten, harass, purposefully offend, or disrespect users or their opinions.
- Respect the staff when they ask you to stop doing something harmful or disruptive.
- All users, regardless of status, are required to show the utmost respect to others at all times. No slander, harassment or insults will be tolerated at any time.
- Do not insult or make fun of the ones who do not use proper grammar for not being that good at English. Not everybody is fluent in English. Please respect that.
- No minimodding. Minimodding occurs when a user oversteps the boundaries of their authority. (Such as warning another user about a policy violation)
We encourage users to make others aware of our policies, but actual warnings are the responsibility of the Wiki staff. (The sole exception to this is any content that insults or slanders a user personally) If you see any policy violations, please bring it up to a member of the Wiki staff.
- Vandalizing any articles. Vandalism can come in many forms, ranging from deleting a portion of the page without proper reason to adding gibberish or foul language. If someone becomes a vandal, the administrators have the right to block the person for an indefinite amount of time depending on the severity of the act.
- Cyber bullying or Insulting/Harassment other users. It is the right of any user to remove, or request the removal of, any comment, blog, forum, or message wall post that is insulting or slanderous to them personally. Harassing users in this way will result in blocks.
- This includes insulting or making fun of the ones who do not use proper grammar for not being fluent in English.
- Discussion or sharing of sexually explicit content.
- Hate speech, ethnic slurs, or any other form of discrimination or racism.
- Using ANY inappropriate language. Kids visit this website, so no swear words whatsoever. Any offense will result in an extended block.
"Sockpuppeting", using another account to circumvent a ban or block, is not permitted. If it becomes known that a user is sockpuppeting, their sockpuppet will be blocked/banned, and the ban/block on the original account will be extended. You cannot create another account under any circumstance when you are blocked, whether you are sorry or not.
If You Are Blocked/Banned
A staff member is within their right as a trusted user of this wiki to block any users being harmful or disruptive.
In the event of a misunderstanding or misinterpretation, we allow for the user who received the block to testify their block to an administrator, who will then discuss it with the other admins to see if it truly was a mistake.
To testify your block, proof must be shown that the user was being abusive or that it was a misunderstanding. Preferably, a screen shot or other form of evidence should be provided, failure to do so will make your claim null and void, and may even get your account blocked or the ban extended for spreading false information.
- If you are blocked or banned and want to appeal it, please use your message wall on THIS wiki.or contact an administrator on their wall on the Community Central Wiki.
- If you are blocked/banned on this Wiki, it is NOT appropriate to follow any Admin to another Wiki they work on to protest. This will result in an extended block here.
- If you are blocked/banned by one of our Admins on another Wiki, do not follow the Admin here to complain. This will result in a block here and possibly an extension on the Wiki in question
- Attempting to evade your block by creating alternate accounts will result in an extension.
- Do not change the format or rename pages to your own preferences. Only use talk pages, the comments, or the forums to discuss changes in the article.
- Do not post links leading to playing Angry Birds online.
- Do not post any fan fiction or future information without heavy, reliable sources on pages.
- This is not a fanon wiki, please post it on the fanon wikis. A list is available on the home page
- You are only allowed to post fanon content on your user page, your blog or the off-topic board as long as it doesn't violate the policies.
- This is not a fanon wiki, please post it on the fanon wikis. A list is available on the home page
- An edit war is the repeated undoing of edits (or reading information) by different editors.
- If someone undoes an edit of yours, it is not appropriate to undo their edit. Please, start a discussion on the forums to reach a consensus. You can make your case for your opinion there and get unbiased opinions on the subject
- Any editors engaged in edit warring will be warned, and possibly blocked, depending on the situation.
- Do not enforce the rules on the chat. This is commonly referred to as "mini-modding". Staff members of the wiki are appointed for this reason.
- Linking to any dangerous websites will result in a two week ban minimum. We wish to keep user’s computers safe.
- Linking to jump-scares will result in an immediate day ban minimum.
- Using false evidence or spreading malicious lies about another user will result in a kick or ban.
- If an admin or mod feels like a user is purposefully trying to disrupt the chat, troll or purposefully upset other users, they may issue a warning followed by a kick and eventually a ban.
- Respect ALL users, regardless of differences in opinion, or disagreements.
- Excessive use of caps is unacceptable (e.g. RED IS THE ANGRIEST BIRD!)
Advertising Wikis and Websites
- Linking to other wiki chats is not allowed in main chat.
- Advertising to view your content on other websites is fine, however advertising non-Angry Birds content on other websites will result in a kick.
- Absolutely no swearing, or vulgar language is allowed in the chat.
- Swear abbreviations (such as wt*, st*u, lm*ao, etc), certain swear substitutes, and abbreviations that can be translated into cuss words is treated as though the swear had been said.
- S-bomb, F-bomb, and C-bomb are not allowed.
- Words such as "sl*t", "wh*re", and "r*tard" are not allowed.
- However, censored swearing is allowed.
- Be courteous. While it is suggested you avoid topics that make others uncomfortable (politics, religion, mortality, etc), if you do discuss these topics do so in a polite, respectful manner. If staff requests or another user states they are uncomfortable and asks that you stop talking about such topics, stop or take it to PM.
- Do not enter chat just to advertise another Wikia/chat/site/etc.
- Do not enter chat just to complain/protest a ban/block on another Wikia
- Users can go back to chat if got kicked for another chance, they can get banned for a period time after three chances. If you continue after becoming unbanned, the next ban will last longer.
Users Regarding Staff
- Users who have a majority amount of contributions to talk pages and forums cannot enter the Staff even though they pass the 500 mark. Until they have proven they had made enough productive edits their Staff Requests cannot be accepted.
- Users who have been blocked more than twice at some point will not be allowed to join the Staff unless they make an acceptable change. Users who have been ever blocked for more than a full year can never join the Staff.
- Users must continue to use their staff rights once in the staff or else they will be stripped of their privileges. (Ex, Image Unit stops producing images) Breaks are acceptable.
Talk Pages & Comments
- Comments on pages are expected to be appropriate. This means that there should be no inappropriate language, the comment should not be irrelevant, and should not be inflammatory. Any comments insulting or harassing any users will be deleted; such comments will also result in blocks.
- Only use talk pages or comments to discuss changes in the article. If you want to start a community discussion, please use the forums.
- Do not comment under any section that has a closed discussion template. Any comment will be deleted immediately.
- The comment should be of some relation to the content found within the page.
- Keep comments of a reasonable length.
- Do not over-reply to a user's comment on a page. Preferably, you could create a thread to discuss the topic instead if it reaches too many.
User Profile Policy
- You are not allowed to say negative things about other users on your profile.
- Only staff members may have the staff templates and staff category on their profiles.
- Do not edit another user's profile page without their approval, if a user page has content that is against the rules, notify an administrator to fix it.
- Editing another user's profile is considered impolite and should not be done without their permission. Changing spellings on their user page should not be done as the user may want it that way, and material should not be added or removed if you think it will look better, for the same reason.
Username and Avatar
- Usernames should never be offensive, misleading, disruptive or promotional. This also prohibits impersonating other users.
- Avatar shouldn't be unsafe like human's breast or naked or others that are not appropriate for avatars. Users using avatar like this will be warned to change.
Your user page is the page where you can tell a little more about yourself.
For your own safety and security, your user page should not have the following things.
- Your full name. Just put your first name or go by your User name.
- Full names of your friends or relatives.
- The school or college you go to, or your place of employment.
- The city you live in.
- Your birthdate.
The more specific information you reveal about yourself, the easier it is for an identity thief to find out details about you. If you have enabled the "E-mail this user" function in your Preferences ("Enable e-mail from other users" on the main User Profile tab), you may want to use a different e-mail address than the one you used to sign up for your Wikia account. Gmail and Yahoo are amongst the many companies that offer free e-mail account.
- All users utilizing the forums are to be respectful of each other. Slander, harassment, and insults will result in lengthy blocks without question, and the offending post will be removed.
- You can flag multiple topics in one thread. There is no need to post things repeatedly.
- Keep the thread on topic as much as possible. Remember, you can always change to another topic and start a discussion there! Threads that go off topic excessively and for a long period of time will be considered spam, and may be closed due to it.
- The topic for discussion should be clearly defined in the thread title or the parent post and submitted to the appropriate board.
- "Joke Threads" that are deemed inappropriate are subject to removal.
- Keep your replies of a reasonable length.
- Threads containing fanon content must be submitted to the Off-topic board. Please read the fanon policy if you wish to create a fanon related thread.