This article is about the game. For other uses, see Bad Piggies (Disambiguation)
|Bad Piggies (game)|
|Length (in levels):||168 Story levels
8 Road Hog levels
|Released:||September 27, 2012|
|Version(s):||1.5.0 (iOS and Android)
1.5.0 (PC and Mac OSX)
Bad Piggies is an Angry Birds spinoff game from Rovio Entertainment that was released on September 27th, 2012. The game's premise is that the player is on the Pigs' side instead of the Birds, and would have to build vehicles to get to the eggs. The game's style is similar to Amazing Alex, Rovio's previous game, maneuvering around courses. It is currently available for iOS, Nook, Android, Kindle Fire, Mac, and PC, with Windows 8 and Windows Phone to follow in the future. The game is free on Google Play, is $2.99 for iPad (HD) and $0.99 for iPhone.
The game has been stated to follow the imagination of a single Pig with freckles, referred to by fans as the Freckled Pig, whose hobbies are constructing both land and air-based vehicles. Toons.TV has been added to the game during the Halloween update.
PromotionOn August 27, 2012, the Bad Piggies made their own Facebook and Twitter accounts and started teasing readers that they have plans to reveal soon. On August 30th, Rovio posted a video on their YouTube during the Red Bird on a featureless white background, with pigs falling on top of him and the supertitle "Something PIG is coming" appearing on screen. After eight days of secrecy, on September 4th, the Pigs finally revealed their plans: a new game in which they are the stars. On September 17th, Yahoo! Games has revealed the game play for Bad Piggies. The main point is that you build vehicles (Cars, planes, etc.) out of various materials (wood, metal, etc.) then ride them and try to collect things such as stars, and possibly eggs. The following day, the TV show X-Play made a preview of the game showing more of the game. On September 27th, the game was released on iOS, Android, and Macintosh, with PC releasing later in the day.
- Ground Hog Day - 45 levels
- Rise and Swine - 45 levels
- When Pigs Fly - 45 levels
- Flight in the Night - 45 levels
- Tusk 'til Dawn - 30 levels
- Sandbox - 8 levels
- Field of Dreams - Building level (not extraordinarily a real level)
- Road Hogs - 8 levels
- Bad Piggies is the third game Rovio released during the year 2012, with the first two games being Angry Birds Space and Amazing Alex, and the 4th game being Angry Birds Star Wars.
- Starting from September 13th 2012, a Bad Piggies Comic has been released on the Bad Piggies website. They can also be read at Angry Birds Nest.
- On the day of the game's release, Rovio released a Bad Piggies Trailer.
- Bad Piggies is the second game in the Angry Birds series to feature the Bad Piggies' new design since the first version, the first being Angry Birds Chrome and the second being Angry Birds Space.
- In the ending cutscene of When Pigs Fly, the pigs find eggs on their telescope. Later, the King Pig starts cursing and chasing the Freckled Pig and Mechanic Pig because the eggs on the telescope were fake. This was a prank from the Blue Birds. This happened again in the end of Flight in the Night when the King Pig tried to break the eggs with a hammer, but the hammer broke because the eggs were white painted rocks, which was ANOTHER one of the Blue Birds' Pranks.
- This might be referencing to how the Blue Birds are pranksters, as seen in their bio on the Angry Birds official website.
- Before the game was launched, there was an advertisement planet on Angry Birds Space advertising Amazing Alex. When Bad Piggies came along, the advertisement was then replaced with the Freckled Pig in a rocket like vehicle to advertise the Bad Piggies Launch.
- According to Rovio, the Freckled Pig has a real name, however they say that one "wouldn't be able to pronounce it".
- This is one of the few Angry Birds games that use cartoon sound effects, the others being Angry Birds Epic and Angry Birds GO!
- Most of the contraptions in this have appeared in episodes of Piggy Tales.
- There is an Angry Birds episode of the same name, which takes place after this game and depicts The Flock launching a crushing counterattack on the pigs as their convoys return home.
- Ground Hogs Day and Sandbox were both in 2011 .