|Big Brother Bird||Image Gallery|
- For the smaller counterpart, see Red Bird.
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Terence entry in Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Chewbacca entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Seasons version, see Blue Terence entry in Seasons Characters
|Abilities||Strength and Momentum|
|First Appearance||Theme 9-1|
|Locations||Many Since The Big Setup|
Terence, the Big Brother Bird is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He was first introduced in 2010 and was the second new character added to the game who was not one of the original five birds in the Flock. An entire episode was dedicated to his introduction. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed in a Sumo costume. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game, and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
- Name: Terence
- Known Aliases: Fat Bird, Big Red Bird, Fat Red Bird, Big Brother Bird, The Terence Hulk,Big Fat Red Bird
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
Terence is dull and lazy but cares about the Flock and other rare birds, guarding the eggs and stopping the Pigs from stealing the Birds' eggs. Terence is socially awkward, as seen in the Space video, when the Birds gather around the eggs and he sits alone in the forest. However, he can be counted on to fight the Bad Piggies when needed. His immense size makes him a veritable wrecking ball to the Pigs' fortresses. The Flock doesn't try to control him and often will just get out of the way and let Terence wreck destruction. Terence is friendly to his younger brother Red, but prefers to stand alone and keep to himself. Red is the only bird with whom Terence has a special relationship.
He doesn't enjoy being angry, but his deep-seated pig hatred makes it an inevitable, albeit unpleasant, part of life.
HistoryTerence has not spoken a word since his childhood, due to being Deaf, when he witnessed the cruelty of the battles for the eggs by the pigs. He is deeply haunted by his past and can't shake the violent memories of his youth. Therefore, he lives in self-imposed isolation, totally removed from the rest of The Flock. Also the other birds fear that he might damage the eggs and do not want him near them. But Terence is trying search for his lost childhood and only Red, the only bird Terence is still able to connect with, understands it.
When first seen, the Pigs captured the entire Flock. Terence freed the Boomerang Bird and together they freed the Flock, chasing the Pigs through many different terrains. It should be noted that it was Terence alone who defeated the Helmet Pig, Mustache Pig and King Pig. He was welcomed into The Flock and has been a member ever since. Terence is also known as the Juggernaut Bird to fans.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves, and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro , Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Terence did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived much later after the others, so it is possible he was not captured originally and made his way to Rio to help rescue The Flock.
Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. Terence transformed to be green, though still has not much true ability.
Main article: Angry Birds Space
"The Big Brother Bird is an enigma. He is the strong, silent type. Logical, level-headed, and rational, he have a keen analytical mind. His introspective nature can make he seem distant to others - but he, in turn, are sometimes baffled by how irrational and emotional others can be. He work best when left to his own thoughts, or when interacting with other people who see things in the same way he do."
- Modified from the Birdsonality Test.
Terence has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Space (as Incredible Terence)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Chewbacca/Terebacca)
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos (although he does not appear in the game itself, but on the website)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
Terence's first appearence was in the first level of the episode The Big Setup from the original game. It was the first time an entire episode focused primarily on one character (although Boomerang Bird did appear in some levels). He has appeared as a playable character in many versions and episodes of the game released since his introduction, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed as a sumo. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
His attacks are similar to Red Bird's, but is much more powerful and destructive. It is the only bird that doesn't need a special ability to smash through all types of obstacles. Instead, it uses its weight to crush through objects. However, his strength varies depending on what block(s) he's used on, as a large square block will almost always stop Terence in his tracks.
- Terence, Bomb (except in Star Wars), Bubbles and Stella are the only birds without a Corpse Sprite.
- Terence's spots are purple rather than dark red on his plush.
- Even though Terence seems to be afraid of nothing, he does appear afraid of the Mighty Eagle in a promotional poster.
- He was first referred to by his proper name, Terence, by Red Bird in the Season's Greedings Comic.
- Terence has never spoken in the comics and generally just grunts in the game because according to the Nat Geo Angry Birds Book, he hasn't spoken a word since childhood.
- Terence is the largest member of The Flock. (Excluding Bubbles Inflated form and The Mighty Eagle)
- Terence makes Red Bird's pain noises in Angry Birds Friends.
- Next to the Mighty Eagle, Terence never seems to get scared over anything than the other birds.
- He was the first bird to have a confirmed name.
- Strangely enough, although Terence is the largest and probably the heaviest bird of all, he flies well.
- Terence and the Blues are the only male Birds in Angry Birds Toons to have a female voice performer.
- In Gardening with Terence, Terence is able to survive a boulder being thrown at him and a large TNT explosion without showing signs of being hurt. His durability may be one of the reasons he doesn't have a corpse sprite.
- In Angry Birds Toons, his body is much bigger than in the game.
- In Run Chuck Run, Terence appears to be able to teleport.
- In Catch Of The Day, Terence can float.