«Go pig or go home!»
- For the smaller counterpart, see Red.
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Terence entry in Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Chewbacca entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Seasons version, see Tony entry in Seasons Characters
|Abilities||Strength and Momentum, Teleportation (In Toons)|
|First Appearance||Theme 9-1|
|Species||Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis Cardinalis)|
|Locations||Many Since The Big Setup|
Terence, the Big Brother Bird is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He was first introduced in 2010 and was the second new character added to the game who was not one of the original five birds in the Flock. An entire episode was dedicated to his introduction. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed in a sumo costume. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game, and completely new game sprites were created for this episode. He is Red's big brother.
- Name: Terence
- Known aliases: Big Red Bird, Big Brother Bird
- Group affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
- Voiced by: Heljä Heikkinen, Jean-Marie Viollet (Angry Birds Go!), Sean Penn (The Angry Birds Movie)
Terence is a large bird in an identical appearance as Red and the color of his feathers are reddish pink and his stomach is beige and has six red violet spots in each sides of his face and his eyebags are red violet. He also has two wrinkles on his face.
In his toons version, Terence becomes a giant maroon Cardinal and his two wrinkles on his forehead are longer. The red violet spots on his face are now five instead of six.
In the film version, Terence appears as a maroon anthropomorphic Cardinal and is more muscular and bulkier than Bomb's who had a matching feathered arms. His eyes are black and the color of his stomach is light pink instead of beige. The red violet spots on his face are now three instead of five and has orange feet. His two feathers on top of his head now has a black tip and his beak is orange instead of yellow.
Terence is dull and lazy but cares about the Flock and other rare birds, guarding the eggs and stopping the Pigs from stealing the Birds' eggs. Terence is socially awkward, as seen in the Space video, when the Birds gather around the eggs and he sits alone in the forest. However, he can be counted on to fight the Bad Piggies when needed. His immense size makes him a veritable wrecking ball to the Pigs' fortresses. The Flock doesn't try to control him and often will just get out of the way and let Terence wreak destruction. Terence is friendly to Red but prefers to stand alone and keep to himself. Red is the only bird with whom Terence has a special relationship. He doesn't enjoy being angry, but his deep-seated pig hatred makes it an inevitable, albeit unpleasant, part of life.
In the movie, like in the game and toons, he only growls and stares at the other birds. He has a big crush on Matilda, evident during her lessons when he painted himself reaching out to her.
When first seen, the Pigs captured the entire Flock. Terence freed Hal and together they freed the Flock, chasing the Pigs through many different terrains, where the pigs were rebuilding their old castles. It should be noted that it was Terence alone who defeated the Corporal Pig, Foreman Pig, and King Pig. He was welcomed into The Flock and has been a member ever since.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves, and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro , Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Terence did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived much later after the others, so it is possible he was not captured originally and made his way to Rio to help rescue The Flock.
Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. Terence transformed to be green, though still has not much true ability.
Main article: Angry Birds Space
«The Big Brother Bird is an enigma. He is the strong, silent type. Logical, level-headed, and rational, he has a keen analytical mind. His introspective nature can make gun seem distant to others - but he, in turn, is sometimes baffled by how irrational and emotional others can be. He works best when left to his own thoughts, or when interacting with other people who see things in the same way he does».
— Modified from the Birds personality Test.
Terence's description from the Angry Birds Official Website
Terence is one hefty bird. But he can somehow get off the ground and float through the air with all the elegance and grace of a two-ton bulldozer! He uses his boulder-like appearance and immense body weight to smash through the strongest piggy defenses. So he’s big, but also superfast with an odd ninja-like ability to just appear mysteriously from nowhere. It’s actually quite creepy!
With Terence, what you see is what you get. And what you see is a colossal beast of a bird with a single expression – just one multi-purpose frown to fit every situation! But this intense stare works a treat when getting the Minion Pigs to confess their wrongdoings. A few seconds of staring will quickly uncover even the most devious and top-secret plan to steal the eggs!
Terence has an unstoppable appetite, and just loves burying his face in a huge pot overflowing with fresh mackerel. It’s simply glorious, and in these moments his mouth may even move slightly at the edges as he attempts a smile. After a large supper it’s time to rest – but for some reason he sleeps facedown with his beak squashed firmly against the floor. It’s quite a sight!
He’s definitely handy in a tight spot, but Terence isn’t exactly a barrel of laughs when everyone’s just hanging out. Taking a vow of silence is all well and good when showing the battle-readiness of a samurai – but what about when the birds are relaxing back at the nest? Then you might as well have a Terence plush toy sitting next to you at the dinner table. Come on bird, speak!
Terence has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Space (as Incredible Terence)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Chewbacca)
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Epic (unplayable, cut scene and background character only)
- Angry Birds Transformers (as Heatwave and Sentinel Prime)
- Angry Birds Fight! (unplayable, background character only)
- Angry Birds 2
- Angry Birds Action
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos (although he does not appear in the game itself, but on the website)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
Terence's first appearance was in the first level of the episode The Big Setup from the original game. It was the first time an entire episode focused primarily on one character (although Boomerang Bird did appear in some levels). He has appeared as a playable character in many versions and episodes of the game released since his introduction, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed as a sumo. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
His attacks are similar to Red Bird's, but is much more powerful and destructive. It is the only bird that doesn't need a special ability to smash through all types of obstacles. Instead, it uses its weight to crush through objects. However, his strength varies depending on what block(s) he's used on, as a large square block will almost always stop Terence in his tracks.
In Toons version, Terence has the ability to teleport during the race against Chuck, Bomb and The Blues. This ability is used to thwart Chuck from winning the race despite his size.
In the film version, Terence relies on physical attacks as seen when he quickly knocks Red with a single punch because he blames him that he destroys Billy. He is a combination between both his game and Toons counterpart but is unable to sling due to his weight as the slingshot was broken in half. Terence also can teleport once when he thwarted Chuck's speed as he got caught by the Bird Police by speeding. Terence is also shown as an excellent driver when to save the Birds from the Pigs' attack at Pig City in Piggy Island.
The Wingman is Terence with a mask with a big W on it. He is the only Weekly Tournament Bird that is a not for a limited time, so he will appear in all Tournaments.
He is also available to buy for Bird Coins in the shop.
Whenever he hits blocks words such as POW! and WHAM! appear.
Although not playable, Terence appears in Angry Birds Epic. He leads the player vs. player arena, and like his personality he shows no emotion. In the post-battle room, he replaces Red's head on the totem pole.
The Incredible Terence
|Abilities||Mass and momentum|
The Incredible Terence (often known as Monster Bird) is the original Terence, but now green in color instead of red like his smaller brother, Red. The Incredible Terence is capable of immense destruction due to his size and girth. His new skin color and large size resembles the Hulk. His Noise ability, unlike Captain Red, has a roaring noise like Hulk A wingman Terence for angry birds space can be a power up after the brass hogs update its ability is a Sheild of gravitational pull witch drags pigs and blocks towards it.
|Powers||Strength, Momentum, Earthquake, and Shaking himself|
|First Level Appearance:||Level 2-11|
|Species:||Cardinal (dressed as Chewbacca) or possibly a Wookiee Bird|
|Locations:||Death Star, Hoth, Cloud City, Moon of Endor, Death Star 2|
Terence is Chewbacca in the Star Wars game. He can cause an earthquake as a side effect to his ability. He is bigger, and hairier than the normal Big Brother Bird. Name comes from the Angry Birds Online Shop.
According to the Angry Birds Star Wars Encyclopedia, his name is "Terebacca" and is Chuck Solo's co-pilot and mechanic to the Mighty Falcon. He hates keeping clean. He is apparently big enough to knock a planet out of its orbit by landing on it, and like Han, he smuggles junk food. Like Terrence, Terebacca is the "strong, silent type" and his language sounds like grunting to the other birds. Only Han Solo is able to understand him, which is rather strange as C3-PYOLK speaks all languages. His nickname is "Fuzzball" but only allows Chuck Solo to say it. His home planet is Kashyyyk and his special skill is to "be humungous". His ally is Chuck "Ham" Solo.
In the second game, he is the heaviest bird in the bird side. He doesn't have any power but he makes an earthquake when he impacts objects after his upgrade on the Hoth world in the original game. An upgrade isn't needed, however, on the second game, as he obtains his earthquake ability with no specific upgrade requirement. Jabba has the same ability as him.
|Abilities||Slams towards the ground, releasing a small shockwave when he becomes a Corpse.|
|First Appearance||On Finn Ice Level 2, Pig Days Level 3-12|
|Locations||On Finn Ice|
Tony (also referred to as Blue Terence; pre-release) is a character that appears in the On Finn Ice episode of Angry Birds Seasons. He is Terence's cousin from Finland, and looks identical to him, colored differently and with much more feathers.(Most likely because he lives in a much colder climate)
- Being Terence's cousin, he makes Terence the only character with known relatives besides Red. He is also the only character in Red's flock that lives outside of Piggy Island.
- In ways, Tony is the polar opposite of Stella.
- Tony is so far the latest male addition to Red's flock. Stella is the latest female.
- When Tony's ability is functioned, he will quickly slam to the ground. When Stella's ability is functioned, she will slowly rise.
- Tony was left unknown by fans until Terence visited him. Stella was the one who introduced her friends in Angry Birds Stella, who were also unknown by fans.
- Stella is the only one with eye color (light blue); Tony has no distinguish in eye color.
- Tony is big and Stella is small.
- Tony's ability is a mix of Poppy's (done by tapping the screen) and of Bomb's ability in Short Fuse (does a tiny shock wave when becoming a corpse). However, Bomb's Shock Wave power is much more powerful.
- Unlike the other Birds, tapping Tony on the title screen will not make him speak.
|Abilities||Shoots a heatwave|
|Species||Cardinal Robot Bird|
Heatwave, the Fire-Bot Bird is absolutely huge, but where Grimlock is loud and destructive, Heatwave is still and silent... and destructive.
He's massively strong and tough - able to smash through anything in his way - but also able to silently appear right behind you, like a giant, red Ninja. No-one knows how he does it, but it really is quite creepy!
Heatwave may seem gruff and grumpy, but if you take the time to look underneath you'll find... that he really is gruff and grumpy! But look under THAT and you'll see that he's dedicated to caring for his team and is absolutely focused on the mission, But look under THAT and there's lots and lots more gruff grumpiness. Lighten up there, fella!
His weapon is amazingly powerful against towers and slow enemies, but it takes a long time to fire, so it's best to transform and drive away from airborne enemies. Calling 'See you later, losers!' as you go is optional (but funny).
Don't be afraid to take a few hits when using Heatwave the Fire-Bot Bird, he's tough enough to take it. Ignoring some damage may give you time to take the shot!
Member of "Rescue Bots" squad.
Energon power-up: Energon EMP Stunner.
|Abilities||Shoots 3 heatwaves|
|First Appearance||Angry Birds Transformers|
|Species||Cardinal Robot Bird|
Sentinel Prime is so big and powerful he can (literally) roll over anything in his way. Actually he doesn't even have to do that - he just stares at the problem until it gets out of the way.
Stop staring at me! He's still staring isn't he? I can feel his eyes boring into my very soul. No wonder the Pigs find him so terrifying...
Sentinel Prime is one of the oldest Transformers, so even though he's ultra-powerful his one weakness is that he has to go for a nap sometimes. He also glowers in that special way only old folks can manage - but as he's so grumpy anyway nobody can tell.
Perhaps his age gives him great wisdom, but since he never speaks we'll never know.
Concentrate on ground based targets and use your other abilities to get away from flying and falling pigs, and especially the missiles!
Sentinel Prime is too slow to outrun threats, so sometimes you'll just have to take the hits. His weapon is devastating to towers, so focus on them first. Just look at all the Coins you're earning! Bwahaha! So many shiny, shiny coins!
Member of "Leaders" squad.
Energon power-up: Energon Shield.
- Terence, Bomb (except in Star Wars), Bubbles and Stella are the only birds without a Corpse Sprite.
- Terence's spots are purple rather than dark red on his plush.
- Even though Terence seems to be devoid of emotion, he does show it in rare cases: he appears afraid of the Mighty Eagle in a promotional poster; and he even smiles (though devilishly) in the cover image of the game-version of the Angry Birds Movie.
- He was first referred to by his proper name, Terence, by Red Bird in the Season's Greetings Comic.
- Terence has never spoken in the comics and generally just grunts in the game because according to the Nat Geo Angry Birds Book, he hasn't spoken a word since childhood.
- Terence is the largest member of The Flock (excluding Bubbles Inflated form and The Mighty Eagle).
- Terence makes Red's pain noises (in low pitch) in Angry Birds Friends.
- Next to the Mighty Eagle, Terence never seems to get scared over anything than the other birds.
- He was the first bird to have a confirmed name.
- Strangely enough, although Terence is the largest and probably the heaviest bird of all, he flies well.
- Terence and the Blues are the only male Birds in Angry Birds Toons to have a female voice performer.
- In Gardening with Terence, Terence is able to survive a boulder being thrown at him and a large TNT explosion without showing signs of being hurt. His durability may be one of the reasons he doesn't have a corpse sprite. Curiously, in the same episode, he has a soft spot for more serene things like flowers, as he smiles contentedly from Matilda's improvisation.
- In Angry Birds Toons, his body is much bigger than in the classic game.
- In Run Chuck Run, Terence appears to be able to teleport, but only when no one like Chuck is looking.
- In Catch Of The Day, Terence can float.
- The toon episode "Nighty Night Terence" marks the most he has moved on-screen in any other episode: his method of movement is rolling, as he does so in waking, sleeping, and even bowls himself across a clifftop. It also has the most facial expressions from him, as he yawns, blinks, scowls, smiles, and even winks.
- In The Angry Birds Movie, Terence's appearance reflects more from the toons than the game. This may be due to attempting to give more of his traditional personality to his character.
- In the Angry Birds Toons, he seems to have an unspoken rivalry with Chuck, if only to keep the speed-demon in line or to teach him a lesson. This appears to be carried over to the animated movie, when he releases Chuck at the slingshot while unprepared, after an unknown comment, and he smiles darkly at the yellow bird's misfortune.
- Although he generally grunts and never speaks, there was one exception: he spoke in the Halloween short "Trick or Tweet" when facing a Frankenstein-pig-dressed Bubbles in response of him taking the other birds' candy after scaring them. His voice, apparently, is deep and menacing, reflecting back on his dark past.
- In The Angry Birds Movie, it is shown he has romantic feelings toward Matilda, as shown in the Paint Your Pain scene, he paints a picture with him and Matilda and dances with her in the end credits.