- For the smaller counterpart, see Red Bird.
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Terence entry in Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Chewbacca entry in: Star Wars Characters.
|Big Brother Bird | Image Gallery|
|Big Brother Bird|
|Powers||Strength and Momentum|
|First Level Appearance:||Theme 9-1|
|Locations:||Many since The Big Setup|
Terence, the Big Brother Bird is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He was first introduced in 2010 and was the second new character added to the game who was not one of the original five birds in the Flock. An entire episode was dedicated to his introduction. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed in a Sumo costume. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game, and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
- Name: Terence
- Known Aliases: Big Red Bird, Fat Bird, Fat Red Bird, Monster Bird, Preostoric Red Bird, Frankinbird
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space
- Known Relatives: Red Bird (brother), Boy and Girl Eggs (nephew and niece)
Terence is dull and lazy but cares about the Flock and other rare birds, guarding the eggs and stopping the Pigs from stealing the Birds' eggs. Terence is socially awkward, as seen in the Space video, when the Birds gather around the eggs and he sits alone in the forest. However, he can be counted on to fight the Bad Piggies when needed. His immense size makes him a veritable wrecking ball to the Pigs' fortresses. The Flock doesn't try to control him and often will just get out of the way and let Terence wreck destruction. Terence is friendly to his younger brother Red, but prefers to stand alone and keep to himself, and Red is the only bird with whom Terence has a special friendship.
He doesn't enjoy being angry, but his deep-seated pig hatred makes it an inevitable, albeit unpleasant, part of life.
HistoryEditTerence has not spoken a word since his childhood, when he witnessed the cruelty of the eggs by the pigs. He is deeply haunted by his past and cant't shake the violent memories of his youth. That's why he lives in self-imposed isolation, totally removed from the rest of The Flock. Also the other birds fear that he might damage the eggs. But Terence is trying search for his lost childhood and only Red understands it.
When first seen, the Pigs captured the entire Flock. Terence freed the Boomerang Bird and together they freed the Flock, chasing the Pigs through many different terrains. It should be noted that it was Terence alone who defeated the Helmet Pig, Mustache Pig and King Pig. He was welcomed into The Flock and has been a member ever since. Terence is also known as the Juggernaut Bird to fans.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves, and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro , Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Terence did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived much later after the others, so it is possible he was not captured originally and made his way to Rio to help rescue The Flock.
Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. Terence transformed to be green, though still has not much true ability.
Main article: Angry Birds Space
Terence has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Space
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Chewbacca/Terebacca)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos (he does not appear in the game, but is on the Website)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Toons
Terence first appeared in the first level of the episode The Big Setup. It was the first time an entire episode focused primarily on one character (although Boomerang Bird did appear in some levels). He has appeared as a playable character in many versions and episodes of the game released since his introduction, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Terence appears dressed as a sumo. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
When launched, Terence will grunt. His attack is similar to Red Bird's, but it is much more powerful and devastating.
Terence is first introduced in the episode The Big Setup and are used for the majority of the episode, starting from Theme 9-1. It is the only bird that can easily smash through about one block of stone, and it doesn't need a special ability to smash through all types of obstacles. Instead, it uses its weight to crush through objects. However, his strength varies depending on what block(s) he's used on, as a large square block will almost always stop Terence in his tracks.
- Terence, Bomb (except in Star Wars), Bubbles and Stella are the only birds without a Corpse Sprite.
- Terence's spots are purple rather than dark red on his plush.
- Even though Terence seems to be afraid of nothing, he does appear afraid of the Mighty Eagle in a promotional poster.
- He was first referred to by his proper name, Terence, by Red Bird in the Season's Greedings Comic.
- Terence has never spoken in the comics and generally just grunts in the game because according to the Nat Geo Angry Birds Book, he hasn't spoken a word since childhood.
- Terence is the largest member of The Flock. (Excluding Bubbles Inflated form and The Mighty Eagle)
- Terence makes Red Bird's pain noises in Angry Birds Friends.
- Terence hardly ever displays any facial expressions, though he may occasionally get angry when the Flocks' eggs are stolen.
- Next to the Mighty Eagle, Terrence never seems to get scared over anything than the other birds.
- He was the first bird to have a confirmed name.
- In the Chrismas Comic, because he growled at the King Pig, it looked like he had the personality of a dog. He also growls in the intro of The Big Setup
- Strangely enough, although Terence is the largest and probably the heaviest bird of all, he flies well.
- If you have power-ups, use super seeds. They will Supersize him and increase his strength greatly, and he will shatter structures, even if he bounces off the ground.
|Playable Birds (The Flock)||Red Bird • Blue Bird • Yellow Bird • Black Bird • White Bird • Boomerang Bird • Big Brother Bird • Orange Bird • Pink Bird|
|Mighty Creatures||Mighty Eagle • Mighty Dragon • Mighty Philadelphia Eagle|
|From Other Installments||Rio Characters • Space Characters • Star Wars Characters • Ice Bird • Weekly Tournament Characters|
|Non-Playable Birds||Female Red Bird • Female White Bird • Developer Birds • Hockey Bird • Boy and Girl Eggs • Striped Bird • Joke Birds • Freddie Mercury|