- For the application set amongst them, see Angry Birds
- For information on characters from Rio, see
- Rio Characters
- For information on characters from Space, see Space Characters
- For Rovio created, but non-canonical joke characters, see Joke Birds
- For another page related to this one, see The Flock
In the Angry Birds series, Birds are the main protagonists, and come in varieties of different species. Their main goal is to retrieve the eggs that their enemies, the Pigs, stole. Since then, they care mostly about revenge than anything, and hurl themselves using a Slingshot at various structures the Pigs made. There are 9 playable birds in Angry Birds, 9 in Seasons, 10 in Rio, 7 playable birds and 1 egg in Space, & 7 birds from Angry Birds Star Wars and 1 egg, plus 5 Mighty Creatures. When a level is completed with unused birds, the player is awarded with 10,000 points for each unused bird, increases the chance of getting 3 stars in a level.
The Birds' Island is based on an island in the Pacific Ocean.
There are twenty known different species of birds, one dragon, plus several birds from other apps. Below is a list of known birds in the game:
- Red Bird - Red
- Blue Birds - Blue Jay, Blue Jake and Blue Jim (AKA The Blues)
- Yellow Bird - Chuck
- Black Bird - Bomb
- White Bird - Matilda
- Boomerang Bird - Al, Boomerang
- Big Brother Bird - Terence
- Orange Bird - Bubbles
- Pink Bird - Stella
- Mighty Eagle- Mighty Eagle
- Mighty Dragon (only found in Year of the Dragon in Angry Birds Seasons)
- Mighty Philadelphia Eagle (only found in Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles)
- Mighty Falcon - (Only Angry Birds Star Wars)
- Female Red Bird
- Female White Bird
- Hockey Bird (Mascot)
- Serdar Soganci
- Peter Vesterbecka
- Jaako Iisalo
- Striped Bird (baby)
- Skunkbird (Joke Bird)
- Freddie Mercury
Birds from Other Apps
- Blu (himself, playable)
- Jewel (Blu's wife) (herself and Blu chained, playable)
- Rafael (unplayable, ally)
- Luiz (Bulldog; Neither a bird nor playable, just an ally to the birds and appears in a level)
- Caged Birds (8) (unplayable, allies and targets)
- Samba Bird (himself, playable)
- Super Red Bird (Red)
- Lightning Birds (3) (The Blues: Blue Jay, Blue Jake, and Blue Jim)
- Lazer Bird (Chuck)
- Firebomb Bird (Bomb)
- Monster Bird (Terence)
- Atomic Bird (Bubbles)
- Ice Bird (New)
- Space Eagle (Mighty's space counterpart)
- Space Egg (New)
- Red Skywalker
- Chuck "Han" Solo
- Princess Stella Organa
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Rebel Pilots (3)
- Rebel Troopers (3)
- Jawas (3)
- Wedge Antilles
- Red (Ninja)
- The Blues (3) (Takio Drummers)
- Chuck (Samurai)
- Bomb (Karate)
- Matilda (Geisha)
- Al (Kendo)
- Terence (Sumo)
- Terence with Heikki Helmet
- Red Bird with St. Patrick hat
Utilities and Power-Ups
Unlike the Pigs, there are eleven known utilities used by the Birds:
- Slingshot (Up-gradable to King Sling in Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds iOS and Android only)
- Mighty Millenium Falcon
- Sardines (Summons the Mighty Eagle)
- Koi Fish (Summons the Mighty Dragon, but only appears in the episode Year of the Dragon)
- Cheetos bag (Explodes, but if the screen is tapped it will release more explosive cheetos. Appears in AB Cheetos)
- American Football (Summons Mighty Philadelphia Eagle, appears in AB Philadelphia Eagles)
- Stella's bubble wand
- Super Seeds (Power-Up)
- King Sling (Power-Up)
- Sling Scope (Power-Up)
- Birdquake (Power-Up)
- Lightsaber Slingshot
- Thermel Destanator
- Blaster Droid
- Energy TNT
- TNT Drop
- Samba Burst
If the screen is touched or clicked while a bird is moving, it will activate a special power or a unusual noise. This is unavailable if the bird has become a corpse except for Bomb, Terence, Bubbles, their Space versions, Stella, Cheetos, Space Egg, and the Ice Bird, but Blu uses his power as soon as he hits an object. Mighty Creatures can be bought and once their item is launched they fly after it attacking the level.
Special Powers from the Original App
These birds are the Flock and the Mighty Eagle, their friend and ally, and they all have appeared in the first three apps (the Original, Seasons, and Rio) and most have appeared (in a new form) in AB Space (except White, Boomerang, and the Mighty Eagle) and in AB online games like AB Friends (except Orange).
- Red - Squawks when you tap or click the screen, but has no special powers.
- The Blues - Multiplies into 3, and each clone is bumped slightly up or down. (Strong against ice and glass but weak against other blocks).
- Chuck - Gains more speed (its always goes at the same certain speed, no matter what speed it was moving at before) and makes a more of a high pitched sound than before. (Strong against wood but weak against ice)
- Bomb- Able to explode in mid-air or on impact. (Great at breaking stone)
- Matilda - Drops an egg which then explodes. The bird herself becomes deflated and is propelled fast upwards and to the right. The body still collides and can be used like a powerful Red.
- Al - On land, opens his beak and flies in the opposite direction, maintaining the same speed and vertical direction. Underwater, turns into a corpse. He also flies higher then all the other birds when fired.
- Terence - Stronger than common birds, but no real power. (Great at breaking any blocks)
- Bubbles - Expands to huge size, like a balloon, propelling all blocks away while in a tight space in either mid-air or on impact. After impact, it deflates.
- Mighty - Smashing everything and causes an earthquake, eliminating any pig on the level. (Summoned using Sardines)
- Stella - Has the ability to blow bubbles and piggies, blocks, and other obstacles in the bubbles radius, will fly in the air in multiple pink, blue, or green bubbles. Once the bubbles are popped, everything will fall down causing massive damage to both the pigs and the fortress.
Special Powers from Other Apps
From Angry Birds Seasons
- Mighty Dragon - descends in a staircase like form, loops around, and darts back up, popping all piggies and destorying obstcles in his way, similar to Mighty Eagle (summoned by using the Koi Fish) (Year of the Dragon only )
From AB Rio
- Blu and Jewel chained together - When tapped or clicked, Jewel flies straight dragging Blu along.
- Blu freed and solo - Once he hits an object, he'll shake himself up causing spreading of objects.
- Samba Bird - Once he hits an object, he'll start dancing causing objects to fly in different directions.
From AB Space
- Ice Bird - Ice Bird freezes an area on impact. Ice Bird explodes a couple of seconds after impact with any piece of structure, and covers the surrounding blocks and pigs with ice making the them brittle and easier to break. If the screen is not tapped, Ice Bird will hesitate for a few seconds, still turning surfaces it touches into ice; making the Ice Bird a technical variation of Bomb. It also has Sling Scope.
- Super Red Bird - Similiar to the Red, but if near a pig in a gravitational force and the screen is tapped, the pig(s) will get scared. He still makes a noise when this happens. Also has Sling Scope power. (was Red)
- Lightning Birds - Same as the Blues, but with Sling Scope. (were the Blues)
- Lazer Bird - Similiar to Chuck, but tapping now chooses a directional target. Lazer Bird will turn at a sharp angle and accelerate toward the target tap, ignoring gravity and air vents until hitting something or running out of speed. Also has Sling Scope power. (was Chuck)
- Fire Bomb Bird - Same as Bomb, with slighlty higher knockback. Also has Sling Scope power. (was Bomb)
- Monster Bird - Same as Terence, but with Sling Scop. (was Terence)
- Atom Bird - Same as Bubbles, except, the deflated Bubbles no longer does damage and floats in gravity fields instead of falling. Also has Sling Scope. (was Bubbles)
- Space Egg - The space egg can create a small but very powerful black hole that appears on screen for a short time. It can be used kind of as a magnet, to pull things around. It also has Sling Scope.
- Space Eagles - Similiar power as the Mighty Eagle, but Space Eagles will only do some damage to the level, but there are no time restrictions on use, and you can use several per level since they travel in Flocks. They fly out of a vortex. (Summoned using Sardines, also has sling scope.)
From Angry Birds Star Wars
- Luke Skywalker - At first no power. After level 1-9, slices with blue lightsaber. After completing Path of the Jedi, slices with green lightsaber which causes more damage.
- Obi Wan Kenobi - Pushes things away with the force in the direction where you tapped. After a Death Star level, uses force stronger and pushes things upward where you tapped.
- Han Solo - Shoots three lasers in the direction you tap.
- Rebel Pilot - Same ability to split into three as the Blue Bird.
- Chewbacca - Same as Big Brother Bird, but causes the screen to shake.
- R2-D2 - Electrocutes nearby pigs.
- C-3PO - Breaks into 5 pieces.
- Princess Leia - Pulls objects toward her in the direction you tap.
From AB Cheetos
- Cheetos - Like Bomb, if it hits a structure, it simply blows up, causing a small amount of damage. If the screen is clicked when it is in mid air, it blows up, but this time it releases four explosive Cheetos.
From AB Philadelphia Eagle
- Mighty Philadelphia Eagle - Same as Mighty Eagle, but after a few seconds after it hits the ground the game goes in slow motion for a few seconds and flashes, then back to normal. (Summoned using football .)