"I'm the Bomb!"
"Sometimes when I get upset, I, uh, have been known to, uh... blow up"
"Uhh, excuse me. Party fowl."
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Fire Bomb Bird entry in: Space Characters
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Obi-Wan Kenobi entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version, see Obi-Wan Kenobi (Young) entry and Mace Windu entry in: Star Wars II Characters.
|First Appearance||Theme 2-5|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch|
He is round, has thick red eyebrows, and has a feather on his head with a orange top (representing the fuse on a bomb). The feathers surrounding his eyes and stomach are grey, while the rest of his body is black.
- Name: Bomb
- Known Aliases: Black Bird, Fire Bomb Bird, Bomb Bird.
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
- Best Friends: Matilda, Red, The Blues
Bomb is the strongest of the birds, and he loves to have fun, especially with the Blues. However, he is not good at controlling his temper, blowing up even when his ice cream melts. As a result, he rakes sand in his Zen garden and drinks herbal teas to try and calm down.
He is also known to have a sense of justice, because in the MTV anti-bullying video, he stands up for a minion pig that was being bullied.
He also seems to be a very intelligent bird and a good chef, despite that fact that he thinks no one likes the "new-age cooking" (as seen in the Angry Birds Christmas comics ).
This section needs to be expanded
Bomb and Matilda definitely have some sort of relationship. Bomb kisses Matilda in the Toons episode Clash of Corns and Matilda thinks about Bomb 4% of the time.
HistoryLittle is known about Bomb’s history before the events of the first Angry Birds game or how he acquired the power of "mega shock wave," the ability to incinerate items within a radius of his body. When enraged, his top feather will begin to smoke. He will eventually turn red, then explode with anger.
In the course of the battles with the Bad piggies, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock at an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the Cockatoo and Mauro and his gang of marmosets. Bomb and Matilda did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived shortly after the others, so it is possible they were either captured at a later time or they were not captured originally and made their way to Rio to find Red, Chuck and the Blue Birds.
- Main article: Angry Birds Seasons
- Main article: Wreck The Halls Short Movie
During the Wreck the Halls adventure, Red and Bomb took the lead in chasing the Pigs through the snow on skis. It was Bomb who eventually caught up with them, recovered the Christmas packages and destroyed the Pig Fortress.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
In another adventure, Bomb and the Flock jumped into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers (as a result of the wormhole) and fought the Space King in order to regain their stolen eggs.
|First Appearance||Level 1-14|
Firebomb, also known as Space Bomb in the Angry Birds Official Guide book, is the classic Black Bird. His power to incinerate anything within a radius of his body is called "heat shock wave." His coat, skin colors and powers resemble Firestorm. If he is slung too weakly and stops moving, he will suddenly straighten and disintegrate, not even exploding. This can easily be done on PC.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Bird
|Abilities||Using Force Push|
|First Appearance||Level B1-4|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi)|
|Locations||Naboo Invasion, Escape to Tatooine, Battle of Naboo, Rise of the Clones|
Bomb represents Obi-Wan Kenobi. He can use the Light Side of the Force to push nearby blocks away and towards surrounding Pigs (Possibly the Force Push from the Star Wars universe). Once Level 2-25 of the Death Star is completed, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Force receives an upgrade.
According to the Angry Birds Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, his official name is Obi-Wan Kaboomi. He still apparently has the ability to explode, as also seen in the cinematic trailer. Like Bomb, he cannot always control his temper. He is a Jedi Warrior and later teacher, determined to protect The Egg at all costs. He trained Redkin Skywalker and Red Skywalker in the force. He knows a lot about the force, and even can apparently use his eyebrows to deflect small objects. A Jedi follows the path of peace, but he secretly enjoys blasting things. His home planet is Coruscant and his allies are Chuck "Ham" Solo and Red Skywalker.
Before the player begins Hoth, Obi-Wan is declared dead, defeated in his battle against Darth Vader on the Death Star. He continues to support the heroes through the remainder of the game, possibly as a spirit.
Younger Obi-Wan Kenobi
Also appearing in the first game, Bomb portrays Obi-Wan Kenobi. He has the same ability to use the force to move and levitate objects. In the second Star Wars game, he looks much younger, with light brown hair and doesn't wear a hoodie. He also does not have his head feather. His game name is Obi-Wan Kaboomi, as he is played by Bomb. There is no telepod for his older counterpart, as they have the same exact ability.
Obi-Wan Kenobi appears as a boss several times (regular enemy in all levels of Rise of the Clones except Level 20) in Angry Birds Star Wars II. He appears on level 20 of Battle Naboo along with Qui-Gon and level 20 of Rise of the Clones, where he holds up some blocks using the force, similar to what Darth Vader does in Angry Birds Star Wars and uses it to also send away any blocks that get near him, and level 16 of Revenge of the Pork where he acts similar to Qui-Gon.
|Abilities||Throwing Violet Boomerang Lightsaber|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Dressed as Mace Windu)|
|Locations||Rise of the Clones|
Mace Windu also is portrayed by the Bomb Bird. He has the ability to throw his Violet Lightsaber, and it will boomerang back to him. His lightsaber resembles Hal the Boomerang Bird, as the lightsaber acts with the same ability. He has not yet appeared, but is on the front loading screen behind Padme.
Windu's in-book's name is Moa Windu. He is a serious jedi that is both feared and respected by birds and pigs. He has a suspicious nature and has doubts about Redkin Skywalker. He does not have a sense of humor and even smiles in victory. Moa has a unique lightsaber, powered by purple jewel. He is one of the greatest lightsaber maters and was trained by Yoda Bird. His home planet is Haruun Kool and is allies with Yoda and Obi-Wan. Windu is a member of the Jedi Council.
Gazareb "Zeb" Orrelios
|Gazareb "Zeb" Orrelios|
|Abilities||Strength and Momentum with Great Explosion|
|First Appearance||Player's Choice|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (dressed as Zeb Orrelios)|
Gazareb Orrelios, also known as "Zeb", is portrayed by Bomb (partially with Terence because of the size). His power is like the classic Terence and Bomb. He has the strength and momentum like Terence in other games and his face will turn red and will explode like Bomb in other games except for Obi-Wan who only uses Force Push, but his explosion is more powerful than his Classic, and Space Version.
The Santa Bomb bird is based on Santa Claus. He only appears in the Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournament, so he is a limited edition character. His ability is the same as the original version of Black Bird. But unlike the original, Santa Bomb has 3 different launch noises, each one with a different pitch, but all are said as, "HO, HO, HO!"
Bomb has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Space (as Fire Bomb Bird)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Toons
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as Young Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- Angry Birds Epic
- Sonic Dash (only available for a limited time, part of the Angry Birds Epic promotion)
- Angry Birds 2
He first appeared in level 2-5 of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode (except The Big Setup) of the game released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, Bomb appears dressed in a karate gi. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode. Bomb has great physical strength, much like the Big Brother Bird. He is among one of the few birds who are consistently capable of penetrating stone walls when aimed directly at them. He can also penetrate other objects pretty readily, but his overall penetrating power is tempered by his time-activated ability.
Bomb is aptly named, for once he hits anything, he begins to glow red. About two seconds later, he will explode, causing heavily damage to anything within a short radius and forcing back anything else within a larger radius due to the shockwave. He can also be made to explode early by tapping the screen or clicking the mouse (depending on which version of the game the player is using)
- Bomb is the first bird not to have a corpse sprite (before the Star Wars version). The second is Terence, the third is being Bubbles, the fourth is Ice Bird and the fifth is Stella.
- Bomb, Bubbles, Ice Bird, and Stella are the only four birds to have their special ability triggered upon impact with an obstacle/object (automatically).
- Bomb's design has changed only slightly since his introduction. Originally, he had a white spot on his head, most likely to denote a shiny spot on his round form. The spot has been removed on most artwork. Early versions of the plush toy included it but it was removed later.
- Bomb is possibly based upon the Greater Antillean Bullfinch.
- Bomb is the only bird who does not display a tail. One was added in Knock on Wood and early Plush Toys.
- Bomb is one of the few birds that can destroy undamaged stone without using his power, the other being Terence.
- Bomb is accidentally called "Bob" in the Angry Birds Space comic, a typo made by Rovio. Read more on the talk page.
- In the Google+ "Teamwork" level selection menu, two gray dots are added below Bomb's left eye.
- Despite the fact he is a strong bird, he emits more pain noises than the other birds.
- His head feather resembles a fuse.
- Before exploding, Bomb's fuse on his head tend to light up and create sparks. In several Angry Bird animations, he explodes when he is angry. However, in the Trick or Tweet animation and Angry Birds Space comics, Bomb's fuse lights up and he explodes when he is frightened or shocked as well. Therefore, any extreme emotion can cause Bomb to explode.
- In the games, Bomb disappears when he explodes, but in the animations and comics, Bomb can explode without disappearing.
- According to this book, Bomb explodes with rage even for simple things like ice cream falling off his cone. Like in the Angry Birds Star Wars cinematic trailer, he exploded because he was really mad at Han Solo for laughing at him about a bet they did when Bomb put the button on the picture of Princess Leia and his explosion to the cantina got the other birds barbecued however he wasn't barbecued and was looking at Han Solo angrily but Han Solo was guilty with an open mouth but he gave in but still he was angry at him.
- Oddly, Bomb can't break stone easily in the Summer Pignic Short Movie, but in the Angry Birds games, he can. While it's possible the pigs were using something resembling stone for their fort, likely to fool the Birds into thinking the fort would be easy to beat.
- He, Matilda, Bubbles and Terence are the only birds that do best on stone.
- He is stronger than all of the other birds (except The Mighty Eagle).
- He is the only bird who has spoken in the Angry Birds Toons introduction video and Angry Birds Star Wars Cinematic Trailer, though he speaks in an unidentified language.