"I'm the Bomb!"
"Sometimes, when I get upset, I, uh, have been known to, uh, blow up." Bomb from The Angry Birds Movie
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Fire Bomb Bird entry in: Space Characters
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Obi-Wan Kenobi entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version, see Obi-Wan Kenobi (Young) entry and Mace Windu entry in: Star Wars II Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Transformers version, see Drift entry in: Transformers Characters.
|First Appearance||Theme 2-5|
He is round, has thick red eyebrows, and has a feather on his head with a orange top (representing the fuse on a bomb). The feathers surrounding his eyes and stomach are grey, while the rest of his body is black. In his early designs he has a shiny white mark at the center of his head before it was removed in later updates. In Summer Pignic, Bomb appears remain the same as his brow becomes magenta instead of orange. His appearance in Angry Birds Toons until Angry Birds 2 is based on his game appearance as his brow are now red.
In the film version, Bomb appears as a black anthropomorphic Loon in a bulky build with black feathered arms as his gray stomach is darker, his beak becomes round and large instead of his regular beak, his eyes are blue instead of black and the orange top feather of his head changed to yellow. He gains a black spiky tail on his back and has an orange feet.
- Name: Bomb
- Known Aliases: Black Bird, Fire Bomb Bird, Bomb Bird.
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
- Best Friends: Matilda, Red, Chuck, The Blues
- Voiced by: Pasi Ruohonen (Angry Birds Toons), Danny McBride (The Angry Birds Movie)
Bomb is the strongest of the birds, and he loves to have fun, especially with the Blues. However, he is not good at controlling his temper, blowing up even when his ice cream melts. As a result, he rakes sand in his Zen garden and drinks herbal teas to try and calm down.
He is also known to have a sense of justice, because in the MTV anti-bullying video, he stands up for a minion pig that was being bullied.
He also seems to be a very intelligent bird and a good chef, despite that fact that he thinks no one likes the "new-age cooking" (as seen in the Angry Birds Christmas comics ). However, in newer media it is Matilda who is the cook of the flock, yet nobody seems to like her cooking.
Bomb is aptly named, for once he hits anything, he begins to glow red. About two seconds later, he will explode, causing heavily damage to anything within a short radius and forcing back anything else within a larger radius due to the shockwave. He can also be made to explode early by tapping the screen or clicking the mouse (depending on which version of the game the player is using)
In Bomb's shockwave ability, Bomb is able to send a shock of electricity to nearby objects, and rather than destroying them the objects are forced away. He also begins to glow blue instead of red.. (Similar to his force ability in the Star Wars games) This causes a lot of destruction and is one of the most powerful abilities in the entire game.
He is among one of the few birds who are consistently capable of penetrating stone walls when aimed directly at them. He can also penetrate other objects pretty readily, but his overall penetrating power is tempered by his time-activated ability.
In the movie version, Bomb's ability is a combination between his ability to explode and his shockwave ability as seen when he blew up most parts of the Pig City in Piggy Island with this ability similar to an Atomic Bomb. But a normal explosion occurs when he gets stressed in some way, as he admits when he says "Sometimes when I get upset, I, uh, have been known to, uh, blow up" This same effect was shown when he was given a surprise Hatchday (The bird equivalent of birthday) party, and subsequently blowing up his house. This was shown again when he tries to do a Yoga pose in Matilda's class and cannot hold it longer, resulting in him exploding in Matilda's house. For him to blow up in purpose he have to think of situations that can stress him.
Little is known about Bomb’s history before the events of the first Angry Birds game. How he acquired the power of "mega shock wave," the ability to incinerate items within a radius of his body, is a different matter. As shown in the level pack "Short Fuse," he was caught in an electrified chemical spill from a pig lab.
Main Article: Angry Birds
He first appeared in level 2-5 of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode (except The Big Setup) of the game released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels.
Main article: Angry Birds Seasons
Bomb also appears in Angry Birds Seasons. He has the same ability, and much later in updates was also given his shockwave ability as a power-up.
Sub Article: Sakura Ninja
In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, Bomb appears dressed in a karate gi. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
Sub Article: Wreck The Halls Animated Video
During the Wreck the Halls adventure, Red and Bomb took the lead in chasing the Pigs through the snow on skis. It was Bomb who eventually caught up with them, recovered the Christmas packages and destroyed the Pig Fortress.
Main Article: Angry Birds Rio
When Red, The Blues, and Chuck were kidnapped by the smugglers, Bomb and the other birds rushed to Rio to aid them. He first appeared in Beach Volley and appeared in all of the following episodes after that.
Main Article: Angry Birds Space
In another adventure, Bomb and the Flock jumped into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers (as a result of the wormhole) and fought the Space King in order to regain their stolen eggs.
Main Article: Angry Birds Star Wars
Bomb played the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his in-game name was Obi-Wan Kaboomi. (Hence his ability to blow up) However, in the game itself he does not have his same power to blow up; he has the ability to push things away using the force. (see counterparts area)
Main Article: Angry Birds Star Wars II
Bomb plays the role of many characters.
Main Article: Angry Birds Go!
This section needs to be expanded
Bomb and Matilda definitely have some sort of romantic relationship. Bomb kisses Matilda in the Toons episode Clash of Corns and Matilda thinks about Bomb 4% of the time. Matilda was also Bomb's anger management teacher and mentor in The Angry Birds Movie.
In the movie they are known in the class of Matilda. Since then they were friends.
Bomb met Terence in anger management and is now friend.
Below is Bomb's counterparts in other media.
|First Appearance||Level 1-14|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Loxigilla Violacea Ruficollis)|
Firebomb, also known as Space Bomb in the Angry Birds Official Guide book, is the classic Black Bird. His power to incinerate anything within a radius of his body is called "heat shock wave." His coat, skin colors and powers resemble Firestorm. He, like the other members of the flock, have new costumes. He now wears a reddish-orange ring around his torso with an eggsteroid symbol below his beak, and his fuse now is now on fire, however there is not a time limit when it comes to flinging him.
If he is slung too weakly and stops moving, he will suddenly straighten and disintegrate, not even exploding. This can easily be done on PC.
Unlike the first game, more of an explosion is seen in his sprites and he can be seen emitting a wave of fire, however this does not do anything other than just to show and his ability remains the same.
- In some promo pictures and some other media, Firebomb's breast feathers are colored gray. However, in the game his breast feathers are reddish-orange and match the color of the ring he wears.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Bird
|Abilities||Using Force Push|
|First Appearance||Level B1-4|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobi)|
|Locations||Naboo Invasion, Escape to Tatooine, Battle of Naboo, Rise of the Clones|
Bomb represents Obi-Wan Kenobi. He can use the Light Side of the Force to push nearby blocks away and towards surrounding Pigs (Possibly the Force Push from the Star Wars universe). Once Level 2-25 of the Death Star is completed, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Force receives an upgrade.
According to the Angry Birds Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, his official name is Obi-Wan Kaboomi. He still apparently has the ability to explode, as also seen in the cinematic trailer. Like Bomb, he cannot always control his temper. He is a Jedi Warrior and later teacher, determined to protect The Egg at all costs. He trained Redkin Skywalker and Red Skywalker in the force. He knows a lot about the force, and even can apparently use his eyebrows to deflect small objects. A Jedi follows the path of peace, but he secretly enjoys blasting things. His home planet is Coruscant and his allies are Chuck "Ham" Solo and Red Skywalker.
Before the player begins Hoth, Obi-Wan is declared dead within the movie's canon, defeated in his battle against Darth Vader on the Death Star. However, strangely, he continues as a regular character and appears in levels until the last cutscene, where he appears next to Yoda and Anakin as spirits.
Younger Obi-Wan Kenobi
Also appearing in the first game, Bomb portrays Obi-Wan Kenobi. He has the same ability to use the force to move and levitate objects. In the second Star Wars game, he looks much younger, with light brown hair and doesn't wear a hoodie. He also does not have his head feather. His game name is Obi-Wan Kaboomi, as he is played by Bomb. There is no telepod for his older counterpart, as they have the same exact ability.
Obi-Wan Kenobi appears as a boss several times (regular enemy in all levels of Rise of the Clones except Level 20) in Angry Birds Star Wars II. He appears on level 20 of Battle Naboo along with Qui-Gon and level 20 of Rise of the Clones, where he holds up some blocks using the force, similar to what Darth Vader does in Angry Birds Star Wars and uses it to also send away any blocks that get near him, and level 16 of Revenge of the Pork where he acts similar to Qui-Gon.
|Abilities||Throwing Violet Boomerang Lightsaber|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (Dressed as Mace Windu)|
|Locations||Rise of the Clones|
Mace Windu also is portrayed by the Bomb Bird. He has the ability to throw his Violet Lightsaber, and it will boomerang back to him. His lightsaber resembles Hal the Boomerang Bird, as the lightsaber acts with the same ability. He has not yet appeared, but is on the front loading screen behind Padme.
Windu's in-book's name is Moa Windu. He is a serious jedi that is both feared and respected by birds and pigs. He has a suspicious nature and has doubts about Redkin Skywalker. He does not have a sense of humor and even smiles in victory. Moa has a unique lightsaber, powered by purple jewel. He is one of the greatest lightsaber maters and was trained by Yoda Bird. His home planet is Haruun Kool and is allies with Yoda and Obi-Wan. Windu is a member of the Jedi Council.
Gazareb "Zeb" Orrelios
|Gazareb "Zeb" Orrelios|
|Abilities||Strength and Momentum with Great Explosion|
|First Appearance||Player's Choice|
|Species||Greater Antillean Bullfinch (dressed as Zeb Orrelios)|
Gazareb Orrelios, also known as "Zeb", is portrayed by Bomb (partially with Terence because of the size). His power is like the classic Terence and Bomb. He has the strength and momentum like Terence in other games and his face will turn red and will explode like Bomb in other games except for Obi-Wan who only uses Force Push, but his explosion is more powerful than his Classic, and Space Version.
The Santa Bomb bird is based on Santa Claus. He only appears in the Angry Birds Friends Winter Tournament, so he is a limited edition character. His ability is the same as the original version of Black Bird. But unlike the original, Santa Bomb has 3 different launch noises, each one with a different pitch, but all are said as, "HO, HO, HO!"
Bomb has appeared in the following media:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Space (as Fire Bomb Bird)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as Young Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- Angry Birds Epic
- Sonic Dash (only available for a limited time, part of the Angry Birds Epic promotion)
- Angry Birds 2
- Angry Birds Transformers (as Drift)
- Angry Birds Action!
- Angry Birds POP!
- Bomb is the first bird not to have a corpse sprite (before the Star Wars version). The second is Terence, the third is being Bubbles, the fourth is Ice Bird and the fifth is Stella.
- Bomb, Bubbles, Ice Bird, and Stella are the only four birds to have their special ability triggered upon impact with an obstacle/object (automatically).
- Bomb's design has changed only slightly since his introduction. Originally, he had a white spot on his head, most likely to denote a shiny spot on his round form. The spot has been removed on most artwork. Early versions of the plush toy included it but it was removed later.
- Bomb is possibly based upon the Greater Antillean Bullfinch.
- Bomb is the only bird who does not display a tail. One was added in Knock on Wood and early Plush Toys.
- Bomb is one of the few birds that can destroy undamaged stone without using his power, the other being Terence and Silver.
- Bomb is accidentally called "Bob" in the Angry Birds Space comic, a typo made by Rovio. Read more on the talk page.
- In the Google+ "Teamwork" level selection menu, pictures of Angry Birds Trilogy, and in some (but not many) instances, two gray dots are added below Bomb's left eye.
- Despite the fact he is a strong bird, he emits more pain noises than the other birds.
- His head feather resembles a fuse.
- Before exploding, Bomb's fuse on his head tend to light up and create sparks. In several Angry Bird animations, he explodes when he is angry. However, in the Trick or Tweet animation and Angry Birds Space comics, Bomb's fuse lights up and he explodes when he is frightened or shocked as well. Therefore, any extreme emotion can cause Bomb to explode.
- In the games, Bomb disappears when he explodes, but in the animations and comics, Bomb can explode without disappearing.
- According to this book, Bomb explodes with rage even for simple things like ice cream falling off his cone. Several scenes could also prove this to be correct, as in the Angry Birds Star Wars cinematic trailer, he explodes after being insulted by Chuck "Ham" Solo due to his lack of money but expectance of their help to save the princess.
- Oddly, Bomb can't break stone easily in the Summer Pignic Short Movie, but in the Angry Birds games, he can. However, it's possible the pigs were using something resembling stone for their fort, likely to fool the Birds into thinking the fort would be easy to beat.
- He, Matilda, Terence, and Silver are the only birds that do best on stone.
- In the Angry Birds Movie, Bomb is shown to have a tail.