|Release Date:||March 7, 2012 (March 8, 2012 for the PC)|
|Previous Episode:||Year of the Dragon|
|Game(s):||Angry Birds Seasons|
Cherry Blossom (Kanji: 桜の花 Romanji: Saku-ra-den n'o ha'na) is the eleventh episode of Angry Birds Seasons, released on March 7, 2012. The game celebrates the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival and takes place in the shadow of Mt. Fuji. According to a Rovio press release on March 5, "This newest episode, Cherry Blossom, focuses on the Japanese tradition of celebrating spring with a picnic with family and friends under the flowering cherry blossom trees.
The episode consists of 15 levels.
This is the first season out of Season 2012 that doesn't have a promo video.
I had just got back from my travels when the alarm went up again. The eggs had been snatched while the birds were enjoying the Cherry Blossom Festival. Grrrrrr. Those pigs! Life on Piggy Island is usually a bowl of cherries, but this is the pits.
- There is a Golden Egg with three petals in Level 1-15. You must zoom out on the far right. Use a Bomb Bird to throw stones toward the Egg.
- Earning 3 stars on all levels unlocks the Big Fan Golden Egg.
Just like Cherry Blossom, it is based on the same background and concept. Sakura Ninja is on Google Chrome extra. Instead of having no clothes, the birds are wearing all different types of costumes from Japan. The levels are different from Cherry Blossom.
For further information about Sakura Ninja look at the main page of Sakura Ninja.
- A Golden Egg of Cherry Blossom features the blue birds items/blocks.
- This is the first episode where the Red Bird doesn't appear (The second being Haunted Hogs and the third being Winter Wonderham). He is absent in the loading screen, level 1-1 and the ending photo. He sends his older brother to take the job. But he does appear in Sakura Ninja.
- In the background of this episode, A famous Japanese mountain (Mount Fuji) can be seen in the background.