|Chuck Time title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||March 16, 2013|
|Written by||Niklas Lindgren|
|Directed by||Kim Helminen|
|N/A||Where's My Crown?|
When Chuck accidentally knocks Red off a precipice, the race is on to save him before he hits rock bottom.
Chuck and Red are installing the slingshot on the top of a high mountain, but it begins to topple over. Chuck pushes it back, but he accidentally pushes Red off the cliff in the process. Chuck watches Red fall, but a light surrounds him, giving him a headband and making him faster at the cost of making the time go slower. He then becomes distracted as he notices a butterfly, but then notices Red slowly falling, and resumes his task. He prepares a bucket filled with water for Red to land in, but since the time is still slow-moving, Red takes a rather long time to reach the bucket. Bored, Chuck relaxes for a while, which he does a crossword, drinks a milkshake and relaxes in a chair, not realizing that the water bucket is out of Red's trajectory. By the time Chuck realizes this, Red has become very close to the ground. Chuck struggles to try and move the bucket, but the water has made it too heavy. Desperate, Chuck dives under Red at the last second, saving him. Time returns to normal speed, and both birds are alright. The slingshot then falls off the mountain, supposedly crushing Chuck. Red believes Chuck is squashed, but then sees Chuck in a beach chair, and perfectly fine. The episode ends with Chuck winking at the camera, breaking the fourth wall.
Characters (in order of appearance)
- This is the only episode that involves time-bending.
- The real-time when Chuck's ability is activated only lasts several seconds.
- It's really fast that even video editing softwares cannot bend it back.
- The plot of Chuck Time somewhat seems very similar to one of Chuck's biography photos in Angry Birds Trilogy.
- In Chuck's activated form, he is seen wearing a headband. However, in the game, the headband is not shown or seen when Chuck is activated.
- Although it uses the same format for the Angry Birds Space Animation, Chuck's appearance is slightly different then the Space animation and Trilogy cut-scenes.
- In the original trailer for Angry Birds Toons, a brief clip of Chef Pig from True Blue? is spliced into the middle of the footage of Red falling from this episode, implying that Chef Pig would make an appearance in the episode, enjoying Red plummeting to his doom.
- This is the first time the recognizable three stars (earned when clearing levels in Angry Birds games) are used for a "circling birds" gag.
- This is one of the episodes that uses slow motion.
- During Chuck watches Red fall, the slingshot, which was directly behind Chuck, disappears. This continued through the rest of the episode.