Clash of Corns
|Air Date||November 24, 2013|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy|
|Directed by||Kari Juusonen|
|Fired Up||A Pig's Best Friend|
Clash of Corns is the 37th episode of Angry Birds Toons.
Bomb wants to eat Matilda's only corn plant. Of course, she's not happy about this and will do everything she can to stop him. But does this include giving up her principles or peace?
At Matilda's garden, Matilda's busy watering her corn plant. Bomb passes by and sees it and wants to eat it. He nearly gets it, but Matilda grabs his feather with a rake and pulls him away. She gives him a carrot, but Bomb doesn't want to eat it. He explodes silently.
As Matilda dusts the corn off, Bomb hides behind a bush. He paints himself with dots around his body, like chicken pox. He appears, pretending he is sick. He cries and shows that he really wants corn. Matilda takes pity on him and bends the stalk down so Bomb can reach it. He almost got it, but his tears causes the paint to come off and Matilda, in fit rage, pours the paint down his throat. Bomb flies away, exploding two times.
At night Bomb tries to stealth his way to her corn plant. He sees the plant and when he tries to get closer, but accidently hops on a string, setting of an alarm and Matilda hops out from her hiding place behind the bushes and sets of a boulder on him.
At sunrise, Matilda is hiding in a pit, wearing armor and protective gear. Bomb comes out of the bushes, pretending he's a bumblebee by painting his body with yellow paint forming stripes like a bumblebee. He uses branches that represents the wings. Matilda doesn't fall for it and fires potatoes at him, Bomb gets hit mutiple times by them and evetually gets stuck in another pit. Matilda aims at Bomb but sees him trembling. She realizes she gone too far and that hurting and scaring Bomb in order to protect the corn, isn't worth it.
She gives the corn to Bomb, who becomes overjoyed. As he jumps of joy, his feather lights up like a fuse, and explodes in contact sending the corn he held in his mouth, flying into the sky like a firework. It explodes in such manner and popcorn rains down. They both laugh and Bomb kisses Matilda, they then open their mouths and let the popcorn rain down in their mouths.
Cast (in order of appearance)
- This is the 6th appearance of Bomb, and 11th appearance of Matilda in Toons.
- The name of the episode is based in a mobile strategy video game, Clash of Clans. (However, Clash of Clans was made by the same country as Angry Birds franchise.)
- This is Bomb's second major appearance. The first was The Bird That Cried Pig.
- This episode proves that Bomb explodes with having many emotions, such as happy, as he exploded when Matilda gave him the corn, and frightened, when the boulder chased him.
- And this is the third episode where Bomb explodes. First being The Bird That Cried Pig, and the second being Tooth Royal.
- A Mission Impossible theme song played in this episode is also comes from the episode Thunder Chuck.
- The cooking bowl from Cordon Bleugh!, Green Pig Soup, and even Pig Plot Potion reappears.
- In the credits, at the cast section, there's "Bomblebee" listed in it. It is voiced by a different actor,Douglas Black Heaton, than Bomb, although they are the same person.
- The appearance of Matilda's watering can is the same as in the episode, Gardening with Terence.
- Error: Matilda had only one corn left, but when it flies into the air, you see the corn plant with corn on it still. (See Gallery)
- The animation from Gardening with Terence to Love is in the Air returns after Fired Up. The first time Bomb cries'
- The title of this episode is a pun on the game 'Clash Of Clans'.