|Released||Mobile and PC: November 8, 2012|
Facebook: February 25, 2013
Death Star is the second episode of Angry Birds Star Wars, while the previous is Tatooine and its next level is Hoth. Like its predecessor, this episode also contains 40 levels from level 2-1 to 2-40.
This is the first episode that presents Lard Vader as the mini-boss and main boss.
- Rebel Pilot Birds (Blue Bird)
- Chewbacca Bird (Big Brother Bird)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi's force upgraded (Bomb)
- Death Star Storm Pigtrooper Pigs
- Imperial Officer Pig
- Grand Moff Tarkin Pig
- Lard Vader (Mid-Boss at 2-25)
- TIE Advanced x1 (Boss at level 2-40)
TIE Advanced x1
Attacks: None, except for flying around
In Star Wars
In Episode IV: A New Hope, the Death Star served as a space station of the evil Galactic Empire. It was a spherical structure that resembled a moon, and functioned like one. It had the ability to control its gravity and inertia, allowing it orbit any planet at will, or remain stationary. It also held a large cannon located at a "crater"-like intrusion that could easily destroy planets. It was eventually destroyed by Luke Skywalker when the Rebel army attacked.
The Death Star would eventually be rebuilt in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. During the events of the story, it was still under construction. However, to prevent the Rebel Army from interfering again, the second Death Star was protected by an impenetrable shield on the nearby forest moon of Endor. This version retains a fully functional crater-like cannon, even while being under construction. Even with all of these new defense systems, the Rebels were still able to destroy it.
- Sometimes, the Death Star can be also called the "Pig Station" in some text on the boxes of merchandise.
- Due to the Death Star's high difficulty, it's actually the hardest episode in the entire Angry Birds franchise.
- The first 20 levels have been updated in the Facebook game of Angry Birds Star Wars on February 25, 2013, and the other levels came on April 2, 2013.