Dopeys on a Rope
|Dopeys on a Rope title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||June 16, 2013|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy|
|Directed by||Chris Sadler|
|Gardening with Terence||Trojan Egg|
Dopeys on a Rope is the fourteenth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
The pigs plan a sneak attack from above, but the Blues soon take the bounce out of their bungee.
At night, the Bad Piggies are trying to steal the eggs while suspended by a rope. While one of the Minion Pigs is lowered down to the bird's eggs, he begins to revolve around the eggs, and when the tongue clings to them, Red spots the pig and glares at him. Red beats him up, sending him flying up into the underside of the cliff, and getting stuck.
Later in the morning, Red, who is tired from protecting the eggs, changes shifts with Chuck. Corporal Pig gets an idea, which the Pigs lower a mirror so that when Chuck looks at himself, he thinks that he is handsome. While Chuck admires his reflection in the mirror, another Minion Pig is lowered down to get the eggs, but Chuck sees the pig in the mirror. When Chuck had seen the pig, he says "Uh-oh...", and Chuck beats the pig up. The pig flies back up and destroys the edge of the cliff, freeing the pig that was stuck in it. But they end up flying in the air until the rope pulls them back down to the cliff, which they crash into.
In the afternoon, Chuck, too, is fatigued from protecting the eggs, and changes shifts with the Blues. Then Corporal Pig gets another idea, which in order to distract the Blues, he throws a ball into their line of sight. The ball bounces away and the Blues chase after it. Corporal Pig and two Minion Pigs begin to be lowered down, but Corporal Pig abruptly stops descending. Corporal Pig yells for the pig supposedly operating the ropes, only to suddenly fall and crash into the ground. The other pigs laugh at him and he orders them to quit laughing. Soon the three pigs realize that the Blues on the cliff had tied the other pig with the rope on the crane and had gagged him with the ball. The Blues push a tied boulder off the cliff, and the pigs on the ground try to run away. Only Corporal Pig gets smashed and the other pigs laugh at him again. The boulder flies into the air and hits the pigs, and they begin bouncing off each other in the style of a Newton's cradle.
At the end of the day, Red returns and sees the Newton's cradle. The Blues join him, and together they enjoy watching the pigs and the boulder rebounding.
Cast (in order of appearance)
- This is the first time that the The Blues really wanted to guard the eggs, but got distracted by the pigs.
- The characters are completely traditionally animated in this episode, like the Angry Birds Star Wars Cinematic Trailer.
- This is the second time the Blues' theme song was heard. The first was in the episode True Blue?
- From this episode, Corporal Pig has changed. He is more olive green, and has a 'Spades' card on his helmet.
- The name of this episode is based off of "Dopes on Slopes."
- This is the first episode where the Blues can say real words like "A BALL!"
- While Corporal Pig is falling, the pig on the left is invisible but a shadow appears. A split-second later, when Corporal Pig crashes into the ground, the pig on the left appears.
- When both pigs are pulled with the rope, you can see a lake or a pond.