Egg's Day Out
|Egg's Day Out title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||August 11, 2013|
|Written by||Ian Carney|
|Directed by||Eric Guaglione|
|Hypno Pigs||Gate Crasher|
Egg's Day Out is the twenty-second episode of Angry Birds Toons.
A stray egg finds its way into Pig City, can Red discover where it's gone before Chef Pig makes it into an omelette?
Red is on egg guarding duty, but a dirty leaf floats across him. Red attacks the leaf, but this only causes on of the eggs in the nest to fall into a river. He chases after it, and is able to retrieve it, but they are about to fall from a waterfall. Red lands in a pond, but looses sight of the egg. Fortunately, he finds it in a conveyor with pigs at the end of it. Red goes into the conveyor to get the egg, but he ends up being hit by the pigs' tools. The next thing that happens is Red and the egg are in two separate mine carts filled with rocks. They go separate ways into a very dark cave. Red's track ends earlier, which causes him to fall on the egg's track. Its cart is close to hitting Red, but instead the rocks in the cart come falling on him. A pig uses a bucket to fill it with rocks, but without realizing, the egg ends up in there, too. The bucket drops the egg on a metal bar, which Red chases after it. While he hangs onto a rope attached to the bar, he sees a bunch of pigs eating sandwiches on another metal bar. The egg falls of the first bar, knocks Red's head, deflects off of a bunch of awnings, and goes through a lot of tubes, making it land in a box of hay. Red tries to fall after it, but he ends up wearing a purple bra. The egg rolls into a room where a bunch of pigs are performing target practice. When the egg is the next one to launch, Red urges to go after it, but two pigs walk by, so he acts like one of the cardboard birds. When he, the pig, and the egg get launched, Red throws the pig, which causes him to break the wall, which gives Red and the egg enough room to escape. This causes King Pig's castle to come crashing down. Red and the egg make it safely to the nest, but another dirty leaf shows up. In the credits, Red can be heard angrily destroying the leaf, causing another egg to fall into the river.
- The name changed from Eggs' Day Out to Egg's Day Out. The changes in the title is the apostrophe ('). This means that the tenth episode have the title change, and the title of Eggs' Day Out, refers to three or more eggs, and if it's Egg's Day Out, it means that he refers to one egg.
- The episode name is a reference to 1994 film Baby's Day Out.
- When this episode was initially announced it was said that an egg would partially hatch (it said that only it's legs would be shown) and it would run off to pig city and Red would have to get it back. The episode was delayed from the date originally listed and it was most likely rewritten.
- The scene that the piece of leaf touches the egg and angers Red, pays homage to two of Rovio's first Angry Birds videos - "Angry Birds Cinematic Trailer" and "Angry Birds & the Mighty Eagle" - except that there, a fly touches the egg.
- It seems that the egg is unbreakable, just like in the episode Double Take.
- The minion pigs act as Victorian Children working in Factories.
- This is first (and currently only) episode that doesn't have an ending music theme.
- You can see a cliff from Slingshot 101 in this episode.
- The part where the pigs were attacking cardboard birds may be a reference to king pig golden egg.
- When Red flies off the minecart, he says "Uh-oh" in a high-pitched voice.
- Again, the theme song from Chuck Time to Off Duty, Slappy-Go-Lucky and Run Chuck Run makes a surprise appearance in the intro.
- This is the second time Red showed his evil look. The first being Egg Sounds.
- This is the second episode where there is only one bird and one type of pigs.