Honey, I'm golden. As long as you make me feel like a million dollars.
|Abilities||Paints selected area with golden flower dust and swipes through it|
Voice by: Paula Vesta (Toons)
She is a violet-back starling with long eyelashes, long eyebrows and golden eyes. She was seen wearing a crown found by her in the episode A Fork in the Friendship and a cape from the episode Bad Princess when she has the power to control the pigs. She has two tails attached at the back of her body.
Gale is Stella's former best friend until one day they fell out different ways. She earned the nickname "Bad Princess" when she put on the golden crown in order to control the Minion Pigs. She is obsessed with the golden egg and spends most of her time with the Pigs to find it. Part of her wants to reunite with her friends but she is blinded by pride, vanity, power, and greed. Multiple things make her angry and she is dangerously cunning.
She hates it when somebody wears her crown, that'll make her go on a furious rampage. As shown in "Don't Steal My Birthday!", where Luca gives the golden crown to Stella. When Gale mistakes that Stella steals her crown, she gone nuts, wrecking Stella's birthday party, ending it by pushing the tall, blue cake towards Stella.
Gale and Stella reconciled their friendship in You Asked for It, when she got turned into gold by the Golden Egg.
Gale is the strongest bird that rule over the entire army of piggies. She also possessed a very powerful ability that can cause Stella and her other friends in chaos. Currently, Gale can only be used with the Character-Swap function. When used, you will be prompt to drag your finger from a certain point to another with a limited distance while your cursor acts as a paintbrush covered with gold. After you let your finger go, the line joining the two points will be covered in gold. Then, Gale will appear from the far from starting point and fly through the line, destroying and pushing everything in the way. It's ability is similar to the Mighty Eagle, but with the player not required to use the slingshot.
In Angry Birds POP! She has come back in the "Defeat Gale" levels as an enemy. The goal to beat these levels is to defeat Gale by popping six bubbles at the top column (same as Pop the Top levels), but she will hinder your progress by commanding pigs to replace bubbles with blockers every five shots you can pop bubbles (with regular matches.)
Death (formerly in Season 2)
Gale seemed to have died in the episode, To The Bitter End. Choosing vanity and greed over her own life, when Stella's flock comes to save her she saves the golden egg first; causing her to be crushed by rock and presumably burnt into ashes by the lava.
However, in New Day, it was revealed that she was alive all along as she was seen on top of a mountain near the very end in a critical state. It is unknown how she survived from the rubble.
Near the end of You Asked For It, Gale, while fighting Stella for the Golden Egg in a manner similar to "keep away", ends up being hit by the egg and is turned into a gold statue, which falls out of her castle and onto the ground. While the pigs mourn her loss again, Stella takes the egg and hits it against her, turning her back to normal. Gale, shocked, then runs away in terror while her pig army follow her, never to be seen again.
Angry Birds Stella Animated Series
- Gale is currently the only villain in the main series that is a bird. Ironically, her henchmen are still pigs, suggesting she defected to them. Most importantly, she is also the second avian villain after Nigel (Jemaine Clement).
- She is the first and only female antagonist that appears in Angry Birds series.
- She is the fifth member of the birds that is a villain aside of the pigs, the first is Nigel, the second was Darth Vader, the third is Red Bird in an episode of Angry Birds Toons and fourth is Sword Spirit.
- The name "Gale" refers to either the Gaelic word for a bird's cry or the Irish word for "stranger", fitting her villainous status and the fact that she betrays Stella and her friends according to her backstory.
- Gale bears some resemblance to several Disney female antagonists like the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
- Despite being the main antagonist of the Stella franchise, Gale is still depicted as being loyal to Stella in the movie, and actually opposes the pigs rather than controlling them.