- For the similar episode featured in Season 2010, see Trick or Treat.
- For the similar episode featured in Season 2011, see Ham'o'ween.
|New features||Ghost Blocks|
|Released||October 23, 2012|
|Game(s)||Angry Birds Seasons|
|Back to School||Winter Wonderham|
Haunted Hogs is the fourteenth episode of Angry Birds Seasons, is the third Halloween-themed episode, and the twelfth episode of the Season 2012 package. It was released in October 23, 2012 for iOS and PC. It marks the second birthday/anniversary of the Angry Birds Seasons app. It was first revealed on the Game Center leaderboards and was reported by Angry Birds Nest on October 18, 2012. Haunted Hogs music sounds like it reference to Addams Family.
It was Red's worst nightmare. As Ham'o'ween came around again, King Pig swept in and spirited the eggs away to a haunted house in a spooky otherworldly realm. Could the Flock get them back before they fell foul of things that go oink in the night?
- Before the episode colors were removed in a update, the representative color they used in Haunted Hogs is purple.
- This is the third Halloween based episode in Seasons in three consecutive years, and is also first in the series overall to have entirely new Pig variants, Scarecrow Pigs and Frankenstein Pigs.
- With this update, Seasons has more levels than in Angry Birds Classic. (If one doesn't count the King Pig levels)
- This episode introduces a ghostly block.
- The beginning music resembles The Addams Family Theme song.
- Unlike other episodes, objects don't fly by in the background for the title screen. Also, a beaten-up Scarecrow Pig appears when you fail a level in Haunted Hogs, unlike most episodes which have a normal pig when failing a level. This happens again in Winter Wonderham, which it shows a normal pig eating a candy cane when failing a level. It also happens in Abra-Ca-Bacon which shows a Moustache Pig wearing a top hat, a red bow tie and a wand.
- The jack-o'-lanterns (3000 points each) from Trick or Treat and the Exploding Black jack-o'-lanterns from Ham'o'ween return in this episode.
- Haunted Hogs could be using a reference to the term "Haunted House", since the level takes place in a haunted house.
- This is the third AB episode to have the background inside, the first and second being Smuggler's Den & Smuggler's Plane from AB Rio.
- On the loading screen, the number 13 is printed on the door, which is the "unlucky" number.
- Also, on the loading screen, parts of the Background and its environment like the trees with no leaves, from the First Angry Birds Seasons episode that started it all, Trick or Treat (formerly known as Angry Birds Halloween), can be seen. In addition, there is a pig dressed as Chuck, with Yellow Paint and crudely made feathers, eyes and a beak, but this pig does not appear in-game, similar to the Octopus Pig seen in the loading screen for Piglantis.
- This is the first Halloween episode not to feature the Ghost Pig. However, when the V 3.2.0 update was released, the ghost pig can be seen standing still like the other pigs instead of flying (Like in Ham 'O' Ween or Trick or Treat) in Haunted Hogs's new Mighty Eagle Bonus Level, which is one of the 4 new Bonus levels for Haunted Hogs (also in Winter Wonderham) that can be unlocked by collecting 10 Feathers.
- Both Haunted Hogs and the Angry Birds Friends Halloween Tournament (closed) have the same theme song.
- The backgrounds of some of the levels have Ecce Homo (the ruined Jesus fresco) on the walls. Sometimes, this picture can also been seen on the Haunted Hogs Title Screen.
- It is also one of the two episodes to include four new levels upon the release of Power-ups in Angry Birds Seasons, the other being Winter Wonderham. There are 3 levels that can be unlocked by collecting a certain number of stars, plus 1 level for collecting 10 feathers by using the Mighty Eagle. Interestingly, this feature can also be used in Angry Birds Rio, which was the first Angry Birds Game that this feature came to be.
- The Scream is spoofed by having a pig with a body.
- Chronicler Pig can be seen in the background. That was a pun of Haunted House.
- It is weird that there is no Scarecrow King Pig even though there are Scarecrow Minion Pigs,Corporal Pigs, and Foreman Pigs.
- Haunted Hogs is the first episode to have Red and Chuck with narrowed eyes, the second being Abra-Ca-Bacon, third being South Hamerica.
Trick or Tweet Short
|Angry Birds Seasons Episodes|
|Seasons 2010|| |
|Seasons 2011||Hogs and Kisses • Go Green, Get Lucky • Easter Eggs • Summer Pignic • Moon Festival • Ham'o'ween • Wreck the Halls|
|Seasons 2012||Year of the Dragon • Cherry Blossom • Piglantis • Back to School • Haunted Hogs • Winter Wonderham|
|Seasons 2013||Abra-Ca-Bacon • Arctic Eggspedition|
|Seasons 2014||South Hamerica • Ham Dunk • On Finn Ice|
|Seasons 2015||Tropigal Paradise • Invasion of the Egg Snatchers • Ski or Squeal|
|Seasons 2016||Fairy Hogmother • Marie Hamtoinette • Summer Camp • Piggywood Studios • Hammier Things • Ragnahog|
|Bonus Episodes||Pig Days|