|Hog Roast title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||August 25, 2013|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy|
|Directed by||Chris Sadler|
|Gate Crasher||The Bird That Cried Pig|
Hog Roast is the 24th episode episode of Angry Birds Toons.
One thing's sure in Pig City, when you call the emergency services, the emergency is about to get a lot worse...
A pig with a chef hat is cooking shish kebabs when the kebabs catch on fire. A fire alarm goes off in the station and Foreman Pig and Minion Pigs get ready to put out the fire. Then they ride out to the pig's backyard. The pigs on the truck hit the grill which bumps into a birdhouse. The birdhouse catches on fire.
They pull out the hose, but after a while, it stops squirting. Then the pigs discover that Foreman Pig is sitting on the hose. A blast of water hits the birdhouse which shoots into another pig's house while that pig is taking a shower. The pig screams and runs to the window where the fire piggies see her. Three pigs jump onto the ladder, but the truck flips over and they fly into the house.
The three pigs get up and see that one of the pigs' helmet is on fire. The other pigs scream, while the other pig does not notice. They all run up the stairs. The first two go to the shower pig, but the third runs in and trips on a bar of soap. The pig flies out of the window and lands on the ground. The other piggies jump onto a trampoline and land in three different spots cuasing the whole city to catch on fire. The remaining pigs sit around a small patch of fire while the pig with a chef hat suggests he cook his kebabs. After they cook for a while, is started to rain. The Shower Pig eats it, and they all enjoy it among a burnt, lifeless pig city.
Cast (in order)
- This is the 12th episode to have the title changed. The original title of this was Fire! Fire!
- This is the 11th episode to have a pig in the title card.
- This was supposed to be the 21st episode of Angry Birds Toons after Run Chuck Run.
- Before the episode premiered on Angry Birds Apps, it premiered on TV.
- This is the second appearance of Foreman Pig.
- This is the 4th consecutive episode not to have an appearance of the Birds.
- The medieval-style city also comes from Trojan Egg, Crash Test Piggies, Slappy-Go-Lucky, Sneezy Does It, and Egg's Day Out.
- This is the third Angry Birds Toons episode to contain rain, the first being Off Duty, briefly, and the second was Thunder Chuck.
- In the title card, the Minion Pig with a chef hat is bigger than the stool, but in the toons, he was smaller than the stool.
- The font style in the title card comes from Sneezy Does It.
- When the Firefighters are getting ready the colors are all black and white and the music which might be a reference on the Tom & Jerry shorts and old comedy movies and in 1900's style.
- When the pig making kebabs burnt his grill, he was burnt too, but at the end of the episode, only his chef hat was burnt.
- This is the second time the pigs have imitated a siren, the first was Crash Test Piggies.
- The some pig voices were different from the regular one. The one handling the hose had a deep voice and the second one to jump out the window had a different voice.
- Nothing depicted King Pig or the other pigs during the fire, although it is possible that they escaped before it spread.
- After the incident when the city got burned, Chef Pig had four kebabs. When they are placed on the grill, they became nine. And when they took out the kebabs to eat, they left two kebabs even all are taken.
- When shower pig jumped herself with his firemen pigs on the safety trampoline, she left her pet fish in the house, but when they are meet together in one place, after the incident that the city got burnt, she had her pet fish beside her.
- When the Minion Pigs rode in the firetruck, there were four. But when the Shower Pig needs help, they became six as the number of the old medieval times was, but it's possible that some pigs were in a location that we can't see.