This article is about the character. If you are looking for the Golden Egg level, see King Pig (level).
|First Level Appearance:||Theme 3-21|
|Locations:||End of each episode's level as a final episode boss|
|Strength:||Strong or Invincible|
The King Pig is the main antagonist of the Angry Birds series of games, and serves as the leader of the Bad Piggies. His grand scheme is using his minions to capture three unhatched eggs from the birds to use as food. It is revealed that his stash is always empty although his subjects believe the stash is always full of eggs. While he does succeed on most occasions, the birds are able to destroy his army and retrieve the eggs, while badly injuring the King Pig, though he never quits and always somehow recovers. His appearence is different in Angry Birds Toons, similar to the design in the Freddie for A Day Short and the Bad Piggies Cinematic Trailer.
The King Pig has used grand schemes to steal the eggs in each episode:
Poached Eggs - King Pig stole the eggs for the first time. He started cooking them, but was defeated by the Angry Birds at the end.
Mighty Hoax — King Pig once again stole the eggs, but rather than simply fleeing, he placed cheap cardboard cutout eggs in the birds' nest. The birds weren't fooled by this trick, and once again released their vengeance on the pigs for stealing the eggs the second time. There was also a cardboard cutout King Pig used to distract the birds; however, King Pig was behind. In the end, the birds didn't defeat him. Instead, they just destroyed the cardboard cutouts. The birds finally found out about the trick and the real King escaped.
Danger Above — King Pig and his minions stole the eggs and flew away on a raft to jungles, cities, and the clouds. The eggs were in a bucket hung below the raft. The birds followed the pigs to the jungle. While trying to battle the pigs, the birds encountered the Boomerang Bird, who was captured by the pigs. The birds rescued him and he helped the birds defeat King Pig, retrieve the eggs, and destroy the Small pig fortress. In the end, King pig was injured again and hung upside down by the birds.
The Big Setup — After getting defeated many times, King Pig and his minions kidnapped the entire bird flock to prevent the birds from defeating them and stole the eggs. Terence, the Big Brother Bird wanted to exact revenge on the pigs for kidnapping the other birds. In the meantime, the pigs attempted to reconstruct their forts. Quite anxious, Big Brother went to destroy the fortresses. He then sees Boomerang Bird kidnapped again and frees him. Together, they freed the Flock. In the end, Big Brother and Boomerang captured King Pig in a cage. Even though Boomerang was aside, Big Brother defeated the Pig Bosses alone.
Ham 'Em High — King Pig, a Moustache Pig, and a Small Pig use a lasso to drag the eggs from the nest to them, trying not to get too close. This brings both the Birds and the Pigs To the Wild West, where the pigs are wearing cowboy hats and fedoras. The King Pig, on the other hand, is wearing a big sombrero. In the end, the birds rip King Pig's sombrero over his head.
Mine and Dine — King Pig and the other pigs try a different solution: digging underground. The pigs, wearing mining hats and carrying pickaxes, dig a hole near the birds' nest and swipe the eggs from there. They escape through a giant cave, but the birds quickly follow. In the end, the birds shoved King Pig into a mining helmet.
Birdday Party — The Birds notice that their eggs are gone and pieces of cake are too. The Orange Bird is worried. The Pigs stole the eggs, along with the missing pieces of cake and a candle. They are covered in frosting. The Birds do not defeat King Pig in the last level because he was not there; however, King Pig was defeated by the birds in the end, covered in frosting. In the new update for this episode, the Moustache Pig takes the King's place when level 18-15 is beaten. He is then defeated in level 19-15.
Surf and Turf — King Pig orders his small pigs with balloons to steal the eggs on the beach, while he and Mustache Pig watch. In the end, the Birds defeat King Pig yet again.
Pig Bang — The King appears in the final level, with a tank which shoots vegetables and rocks in bubbles. Pop the bubbles containing the rocks. You can also hit him with Fire Bomb Bird. In the end after destroying the tank, he appears to be defeated, but he pushes a button, revealing a UFO. He escapes to Cold Cuts and the birds pursue him to the next planet.
Cold Cuts — The King Pig now uses his UFO (with mechanical claws) to move on the screen. To kill him, you need to blast the TNT, hit the ice, or the rocks. If you do these methods (or one or two of them), you defeat him. In the cutscene, he appears beaten and battered in his destroyed UFO. He returns in Pig Dipper.
Pig Dipper — King Pig is shown again, this time in a submarine, which carries the Eggsteroid on the back. You can hit him with Fire Bomb or Terence, use the Lazer Bird to pull the Chains with Anchors, or hit the rocks or TNT. In the end, he's shown beaten again, and does not try to retreat.
Trick or Treat — King Pig orders his Large Pig to scare the birds with a ghost and steal the eggs. He is defeated in the end.
AB Star Wars
King Pig appears as Emperor Piglatine, where he appears to have a faded green color, a taller crown and a black robe.
Emperor Piglatine first appeared as an enemy in the Facebook version of Angry Birds Star Wars, in levels 1 and 3 of the weekly tournament from April 8th through April 14th, as a blue, holographic image of Emperor Piglatine generated by a base projector. He'll be laughing as you start to face his hologram on a certain tournament level. Hitting the Hologram or activating an ability on the hologram may scare him, but unfortunately, doing these attacks won't do any damage. So you have to destroy the hologram's weak point: the base projector that generates Piglatine's blue, holographic image. Succeding in destroying Piglatine's Hologram will grant you 3000 points.
- The Angry Birds Seasons episode Go Green, Get Lucky is the first episode that uses the Google Chrome Designs of the Bad Piggies in cut-scenes, including King Pig.
- In Angry Birds Space, King Pig now supports the idea of Boss Battles which is similar to the same setup in Angry Birds Rio where Mauro, the leader of the Marmosets appears on level 8-15 and 14-15 as a boss battle and Nigel, appears on level 4-15 and 12-15. The three major boss battles in which King Pig stars in so far until more updates in Angry Birds Space appear is on level 1-30 as a UFO tank, as a UFO Spaceship on level 2-30, and in a submarine in level 6-30, where as in other Angry Birds Games he is located in a Castle-Like Fortress along with the other Bad Piggies that surround his Fortress.
- As there is only one King Pig in the entire game, it's the most rare variety of pigs seen, and when it does appear, no more than one King Pig will ever appear in the same stage together. The only exception is Golden Egg Level 13 and Eggsteroid level 7 which features four King Pigs. The King Pigs in the golden egg level are probably impostors or cardboard cutouts.
- For some reason, the cardboard King Pig can move, and do things such as laugh, smile, and blink. However, the King Pig may have designed it like that to heighten the illusion that it was real. It's also possible that the King Pig placed the cardboard cutout and escaped just before his defeat.
- The King Pig is the pig to have two ears on one side, rather than one on either side of its head. It is possible that it's because of the crown he wears. In the cut-scenes of Angry Birds Space, all pigs share this trait due to their redesign. They look similar to him in the instructions. Also, they appear in Facebook.
- The King Pig is NOT the only pig to have two ears on one side. The Chef Pig also has two ears on one side as well, so the King Pig and Chef Pig seem to share this trait.
- Before the Chrome version, when he is nearly defeated, the King Pig seems to look angered.
- In 4 Angry Birds board games, Knock on Wood, On Thin Ice, Catapult Deluxe Set, and Spring Is In The Air, the King Pig's crown is removed and replaced by one of his ears.
- In Mine and Dine, he appears in the final level of each world. In Mighty Hoax, if his cardboard cutout is considered real, he appears in the final level for both worlds.
- After the Birdday Party update, although the new Mighty Hoax cut-scene has the Google Chrome designs, the Cardboard cut-out is still the original design.
- King Pig does not appear in Angry Birds Space after the planet Cold Cuts, until Pig Dipper, which he appears in the boss fight.
- In animations like Ham 'O' Ween, Year of the Dragon, Angry Birds Facebook (Friends) trailers, and the cutscenes in Angry Birds Trilogy, the King Pig is round and wheres a longer crown than his crown in the game. He wears a slightly different and shorter crown in Year of the Dragon. But in the Angry Birds Join Freddie for a Day animation, the Bad Piggies Trailer, and Angry Birds Toons, the King Pig's body was slightly altered in shape, looking a little bit like the Mustache Pig. He also gets a very different mouth. He also has spots on his head in Angry Birds Toons in certain episodes like "Trojan Egg".
- King Pig maybe had 2 voice actors for animations, because in the Bad Piggies Trailer, he had a somewhat deep voice. In Angry Birds Toons, he has a higher voice than the trailer. This may be true, because Antti Pääkkönen (The current voice actor of King Pig) was not credited for the Bad Piggies Trailer.
- In Angry Birds Toons (episode 2), the other Bad Piggies seem to be unable to identify him as the King Pig when he lost his crown, despite his unusual shape.
- In some of the Angry Birds ending cutscenes, his crown falls off, excluding Danger Above and The Big Setup in Angry Birds, and Pig Bang and Pig Dipper in Angry Birds Space ending cutscenes. In real life, if you hit a person with a crown, it will fall. But in in-game, it doesn't. But it does in most of the ending cutscenes.
- Corporal Pig, Foreman Pig and Chef Pig act more of Antagonists in Angry Birds Toons than King Pig except in Slingshot 101.
- In the boss level of Cold Cuts, if you get the [[Ice Bird]] close enough to his UFO, he will freeze.
- He is also known as "Smooth Cheeks" in "The World of Angry Birds:Official Guide" book.
- He is afraid that other pigs might find out that his egg stash is actually empty.
- In Angry birds Toons, King pig is sort of a cry baby. He also is heard crying in an Angry Birds Go! cutscene when you recurit him
King Pig Toy
There's a King Pig toy that is like an tablet pen that works with the iPad and Nook Tablet version of Angry Birds and Angry Birds Free. It uses the King Pig level. It is part of the Apptivty collection.
- Treat the King Pig like stone. Use stone destroying birds such as Terence, Bubbles's inflating ability, Matilda's Egg Bombs, Bomb, and the Mighty Eagle can destroy it.
- If possible, make stone collapse on him. It can weaken him, and if hit multiple times, will die.
|Enemy Pigs||Small Pig • Medium Pig • Large Pig • Helmet Pig • Moustache Pig • King Pig • Fat Pig • Scarecrow Pigs • Zombie Pigs • Mynock Pigs|
|Other Pigs||Female Pig (In-game) • Female Pig (Credits) • Freckled Pig • Mechanic Pig • Postman Pig • Octopus Pig|
|Non-Canon Enemies|| Nigel • Mauro