|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the the song,the Seasons counterpart, the Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles version,the Space version,Star Wars version, or the Bad Piggies version.|
|Abilities||Flies Fast and destroys the entire level when summoned with Sardines|
|First Appearance||Any level. The player can use it on any level they like.|
|Species||Northern Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus leucocephalus)|
The Mighty Eagle, or just Mighty, is an optional, gigantic bird that can be unlocked and used in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds (Google Chrome), and Angry Birds Friends under specific circumstances. The Mighty Eagle, or "Mighty", is the most powerful adaption to the Angry Birds universe.
Mighty Eagle appears as an enormous white and dark brown round bird with a large beak in a small curl tip and has three large black feathers on top of his head. His eyes are black and has thick brows on each side of his eyes. He also has purple eyebags under both of his eyes and has a large black feathers on his back.
In his appearance in Toons and Epic, Mighty Eagle's feathers are brown and his thick brows are now smaller and his eyebags are magenta.
In the film version, Mighty Eagle appears as a giant white and dark brown anthropomorphic Northern Bald Eagle with muscular and fat build and is identical to his game counterpart but with minor changes. He has a large dark brown feathered arms which he uses for flight and does not have the three black feathers on top of his head. He also has an orange feet with black claws and has large black feathers on his back. His thick brows are now messier like his game counterpart, his large beak has maintained but the back of his beak was curled when he smiles arrogantly and his eyebags are now magenta like his Toons appearance.
"The Mighty Eagle is deep. He is a dedicated defender of the common good. Although he is happy working independently, he likes to have support and positive feedback from others. When he sets out to do something, he gives it all he's got."
- Modified from the Birdsonality Test.
Mighty is a very wise and powerful bird who is greatly respected by the birds. He is also happy when he gives a candy to the Blues during Hamoween.
His description was updated into the movie version.
Mighty Eagle is a legend of mythical proportions in the bird community. The birds grew up with songs and tales about his amazing adventures and heroism. Because of his giant majestic wings, he is the only bird who has ever managed to fly.
In the film version, Mighty is different than his game counterpart who is wise to all the birds, he appears as somewhat of a celebrity jock who had many trophies and other things due to his heroism to protect the birds in Bird Island. He is initially lazy as seen in the movie before he shows his bravery to save the eggs.
Mighty appears in any level within the following apps:
- Angry Birds (especially in The Mighty League)
- Angry Birds Seasons (except Year of the Dragon and Ham Dunk)
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Space (as Space Eagle)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Millenium Falcon)
- Angry Birds Go! (on Jenga Mode)
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds Fight
- Angry Birds 2
Angry Birds Evolution
Mighty plays a big role in Angry Birds Evolution, but not as a playable character. This game features Mighty's incarnation from the movie When the birds discover that the pigs are invading their island again, they go to Eagle Mountain to ask Mighty for help. However, Mighty says he can't defeat the pigs on his own and requires the assistance of the Eagle Forcers, a group of superpowered birds he used to fight the pigs with. As the player progresses through the game, Mighty tells them where they need to go to find the next Eagle Forcer.
Mighty was first made available in the Angry Birds episode "Ham 'Em High", launched in December 2010. It was subsequently released for Angry Birds Seasons on August 22nd, 2011 with a bug issue and was fixed on August 23rd, 2011, Angry Birds Rio on October 28, 2011, Angry Birds (Google Chrome) on December 1, 2011 and was included with the launch of Angry Birds Friends on February 14, 2012.
Mighty is the strongest of all of the available Birds, and as such, has a limited use: If the Eagle is used on a level that hasn't been completed normally, he can't be used again on another non-completed level until a solid hour has passed. However, if he's used on a level that the player has already completed, the player won't have to wait before he can be used again.
To summon the bird, the player must first purchase him for 99 cents (only once), then on the top left of the screen during gameplay, press the same eye button used to first purchase the Eagle. If this button is tapped, all of the standard Birds will instantly disappear and a can of sardines will be on the slingshot. Then, the player must simply fire the sardines from the slingshot at the Pigs' structure. After a few seconds, Mighty will come roaring down from the skies and strike the ground with incredible force, and every pig in his path will be popped immediately and every building block completely reduced to rubble. Any missed pigs will be instead killed by a massive earthquake the Eagle causes. Also, Mighty has a unique ability-- if you place the can of sardines in front of the pigs structure, it will in turn cause him to hit the ground and spin out of control, which actually causes more damage.
If Mighty is used to pass the level, zero stars will be awarded, and the standard scoring system will be replaced by a "Destruction" meter. Depending on how much damage the Eagle causes to the Pig's structure, this meter will fill up to a maximum of 100%. Scoring a perfect percentage ratio will award the "Total Destruction" feather next to the level's icon on the stage select screen. In some scenarios, the default birds will have to be used in conjunction with the Eagle to get 100%. If he is used in an incomplete level, the user cannot use the Eagle in this manner again until he either waits one real-time hour or completes the level again only without using the Eagle.
When the sardines tap the ground, the Eagle hears it. He flies in to take them, once he has them he crashes to the ground and bounces off. With his aching beak, he takes an hour to recover.
In the movie version, Mighty can break through everything in its path as well as taking flight with the use of his feathered arms as his wings. His power is different than his game counterpart and he was seen struggling to fly when he carries the eggs from his beak as he put them to safety.
At present, Mighty is unlockable for the following:
- iOS players are able to unlock the Eagle by paying for an in-game app that unlocks Mighty for the rest of the game. Unlocking the Eagle for one iOS device will also unlock the feature for all iOS devices attached to the same account.
- As of version 2.2.0 (the version which introduced the Power-ups), Android players can unlock the Eagle in a similar way through an in-game purchase to Google Play. Prior to this, the ability could be unlocked by T-Mobile USA subscribers who can access a special Android package that, when installed, adds the ability to the version on their phone which then persists through the normal update process. As with iOS, unlocking Mighty on one Android device unlocks the feature for all Android devices sharing the same account. This is the same for Angry Birds Rio, with new power-ups and levels, and the Mighty Eagle available on Android. This also occured for Angry Birds Seasons, with new power-ups and levels, the Mighty Eagle available on Android, and different loading screen, logo and theme for Winter Wonderham.
- Angry Birds Google Chrome players, as of version 126.96.36.199 beta can use Google Wallet to unlock Mighty as above. They can also play Mighty at no charge in the first episode.
- Owners of the Barnes & Noble Nook Color or Nook Tablet, who pay for and download Angry Birds onto their devices, can employ the Eagle for free while they are within a Barnes & Noble Bookseller store and employing the store's complimentary WiFi connection. It is unknown at this time how version 2.2.0 (Nook Color and Nook Tablet both use Android) will be incorporated into the Nook's current system.
- In Angry Birds Friends, Mighty can be purchased on a per-use basis.
- In Angry Birds Fuji TV, Mighty can be used for free.
- In Angry Birds Trilogy for PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS, Mighty can be used for free, just like in Angry Birds Fuji TV.
Mighty Eagle AnimationIn the animated short film, Red, Jay and Chuck happily stare at The Eggs. Then, a butterfly accidentally knocks over an egg, angering the birds, thus distracting them. The Bad Piggies then took the opportunity to steal the eggs.
The birds then go after the Bad Piggies to defend their eggs, in the process of destroying several small pig forts, then the pigs were eventually forced to retreat into a large steel fortified base invulnerable to the bird's effort.
Suddenly, Chuck pulled out a can of Sardines as an idea to get help from the Mighty Eagle. Then, Red, in fear, went to the cave where Mighty Eagle dwells, and asked for assistance while offering the sardines. Mighty Eagle then looks at the can, and accepts the deal.
The Chef Pig came out of the base later on, scouting. He was suddenly knocked on the head by the sardine can. He looked around, saw the can of sardines, and the shadow of the eagle appears. The chef panics, squeals, runs inside, takes the eggs out of the fortress, and waves a white flag, indicating a surrender, but unfortunately for him, he got crushed by the Mighty Eagle. The eggs were finally safe and retrieved to the birds.
At the end of the video, Mighty Eagle pops up all black in front of the camera making a loud noise in his jumpscare and the scary music makes the video end.
Origin of the Mighty Eagle
Armed with an unbelievable knowledge or pig weaknesses, Mighty Eagle is one of the greatest heroes of the war with the pigs. But one harrowing incident sent him into self imposed exile on a mountaintop. On his watch, the pigs were able to steal the eggs, and Mighty Eagle's failure to protect them shamed him so much that he retreated into solitude.
-Angry Birds National Geographic Fed Up, Feathered, and Furious.
- In the Angry Birds movie, Bomb's flashback shows Mighty Eagle with a 42-pack.
- Of all the Angry Birds, Mighty Eagle is the only one who can truly fly, and thus does not require an assisting slingshot to do so.
- Mighty has been mentioned in the Angry Birds Peace Song, when they say "make the Mighty Eagle smile".
- In the Ham'o'ween animated backstory video, The Blues (dressed as Frankenstein, the devil, and a witch) trick or treat at Mighty's cave and he gives them candy, and then again in Angry Birds Friends (Pig Tales ), which shows that Mighty has a relationship with the Blues.
- In a previous installment of Angry Birds Seasons, titled Year of the Dragon, The Mighty Eagle is replaced with the Mighty Dragon, which works the same way.
- Mighty has visited Santa's workshop according to the Christmas comic.
- The Blues in the comics have mentioned Mighty having multiple places of residence, of "rejuvenation spots". The primary appears to be high atop a cliff, as depicted in Ham'o'ween and the comics.
- Mighty is the eldest, strongest, and wisest of all the birds. He was likely feared by the Angry Birds originally, since Red was very afraid to go ask him for assistance in the Mighty Eagle trailer. As seen in a wallpaper, even Terence is afraid of Mighty. But as time progressed, especially in the comics, the Birds began to be less afraid of Mighty now. In fact, the Birds not only go to him to help them stop the pigs, but in the comics, they go to Mighty for advice and listen stories that have took place a long time ago.
- Another time when the Birds weren't afraid of Mighty was in the Ham 'O' Ween Animation, where the the Blues visited his cave during Trick or Treating and Mighty gave them candy.
- In the Christmas comic , when Mighty visits Santa's workshop, the purple rings around his eyes are gone, which means that he was younger at the time.
- In the Year of the Dragon animation descriptions and shop descriptions, it is said that the Mighty Eagle transformed into the Mighty Dragon, but in the comic, it is said the Mighty Eagle was an old friend of the Mighty Dragon and the Mighty Dragon was accepted to look after his rejuvenation spot while the Mighty Eagle was gone.
- It seems that the Mighty Eagle has a lot of different counterparts, Such as the Mighty Dragon, The Space Eagles from Angry Birds Space, and the Mighty Philadelphia Eagle from Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles.
- On December 17, 2011, Mighty was made into a plush and could be bought for $100. It can be found online, mostly on the Angry Birds Store. It is the most expensive Angry Birds plush.
- You will have to wait 1 hour each time you use Mighty unless you complete the level that you used him on.
- Also, his cave appears in the background of one of the levels in Surf and Turf.
- He is always silhouetted, except in the comics, The Angry Birds Movie, and the Power Ups shop in Angry Birds Classic.
- When inflated, Bubbles expands almost as large as the Mighty Eagle.
- In the Trilogy version, if you get 100 percent for a level, then the feather you receive will be golden.
- Also in the said game, Mighty uses Terence's Corpse sounds when he hits the ground.
- Mighty Eagle makes a cameo as a silhouette in Red's Mighty Feathers, when he gives Red some of his feathers.
- Mighty Eagle is the only bird who has nostrils.