For the dragon version, see: Mighty Dragon.
For the Angry Birds Philadelphia Eagles version, see: Mighty Philadelphia Eagle.
For the Angry Birds Space version, see the Space Eagle entry in: Space Characters.
For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see the Mighty Millenium Falcon entry in: Star Wars Characters.
For the Bad Piggies version, see: Mechanic Pig.
|Powers||Flies Faster with Dust wind and destroying the entire level.|
|First Level Appearance:||Angry Birds|
The Mighty Eagle, also known as Mighty, is an optional, gigantic bird that can be unlocked and used in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds (Google Chrome) and Angry Birds Friends under specific circumstances. The Mighty Eagle, or "Mighty", is the most powerful adaption to the Angry Birds universe.
"The Mighty Eagle is a deep. He is a dedicated defender of the common good. Although he is happy working independently, he likes to have support and positive feedback from others. When he sets out to do something, he gives it all you've got."
- Modified from the Birdsonality Test.
Mighty appears in any level within the following apps:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons (except Year of the Dragon, the Mighty Dragon appears instead)
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds (Google Chrome)
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Space (as Space Eagle)
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Millenium Falcon)
Mighty was first made available in the Angry Birds episode "Ham 'Em High", launched in December 2010. It was subsequently released for Angry Birds Seasons on August 22nd, 2011 with a bug issue and was fixed on August 23rd, 2011, Angry Birds Rio on October 28, 2011, Angry Birds (Google Chrome) on December 1, 2011 and was included with the launch of Angry Birds Friends on February 14, 2012.
Mighty is the strongest of all of the available Birds, and as such, has a limited use: If the Eagle is used on a level that hasn't been completed normally, he can't be used again on another non-completed level until a solid hour has passed. However, if he's used on a level that the player has already completed, the player won't have to wait before he can be used again.
To summon the bird, the player must first purchase him for 99 cents (only once), then on the top left of the screen during gameplay, press the same eye button used to first purchase the Eagle. If this button is tapped, all of the standard Birds will instantly disintegrate and a can of sardines will land on the slingshot. Then, the player must simply fire the sardines from a slingshot at the Pigs' structure. After a few seconds, Mighty will come roaring down from the skies and strike the ground with incredible force, killing all pigs and piercing through any blocks he launched through. Any missed pigs will be instead killed by a massive earthquake the Eagle causes. Also, Mighty has a unique ability-- if you place the can of sardines in front of the pigs structure, it will in turn cause him to hit the ground and spin out of control, which actually causes more damage.
If Mighty is used to pass the level, zero stars will be awarded, and the standard scoring system will be replaced by a "Destruction" meter. Depending on how much damage the Eagle causes to the Pig's structure, this meter will fill up to a maximum of 100%. Scoring a perfect percentage ratio will award the "Total Destruction" feather next to the level's icon on the stage select screen. In some scenarios, the default birds will have to be used in conjunction with the Eagle to get 100%. If he is used in an incomplete level, the user cannot use the Eagle in this manner again until he either waits one real-time hour or completes the level again only without using the Eagle.
When the sardines tap the ground, the Eagle hears it. He flies in to take them, once he has them he crashes to the ground and bounces off. With his aching beak, he takes an hour to recover.
PlatformsAt present, Mighty is unlockable for the following:
- iOS players are able to unlock the Eagle by paying for an in-game app that unlocks Mighty for the rest of the game. Unlocking the Eagle for one iOS device will also unlock the feature for all iOS devices attached to the same account.
- As of version 2.2.0 (the version which introduced the Power-ups), Android players can unlock the Eagle in a similar way through an in-game purchase to Google Play. Prior to this, the ability could be unlocked by T-Mobile USA subscribers who can access a special Android package that, when installed, adds the ability to the version on their phone which then persists through the normal update process. As with iOS, unlocking Mighty on one Android device unlocks the feature for all Android devices sharing the same account. This is the same for Angry Birds Rio, with new power-ups and levels, and the Mighty Eagle available on Android. This also occured for Angry Birds Seasons, with new power-ups and levels, the Mighty Eagle available on Android, and different loading screen, logo and theme for Winter Wonderham.
- Angry Birds Google Chrome players, as of version 126.96.36.199 beta can use Google Wallet to unlock Mighty as above. They can also play Mighty at no charge in the first episode.
- Owners of the Barnes & Noble Nook Color or Nook Tablet, who pay for and download Angry Birds onto their devices, can employ the Eagle for free while they are within a Barnes & Noble Bookseller store and employing the store's complimentary WiFi connection. It is unknown at this time how version 2.2.0 (Nook Color and Nook Tablet both use Android) will be incorporated into the Nook's current system.
- In Angry Birds Friends, Mighty can be purchased on a per-use basis.
- In Angry Birds Fuji TV, Mighty can be used for free.
- In Angry Birds Trilogy for PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS, Mighty can be used for free, just like in Angry Birds Fuji TV.
Origin of the Mighty EagleIn the animated short film, Red, Blue Jay and Chuck happily stare at some newly-laid eggs. Then, a butterfly accidentally knocks over an egg, angering the birds, thus distracting them. The pigs took the opportunity to steal the eggs.
The birds than go after the pigs to defend their eggs, in the process destroying several small pig forts, the pigs were eventually forced to retreat into a large steel fortified base invulnerable to the bird's effort.
Suddenly, Chuck pulled out a can of sardines as an idea to get help from Mighty. Like white bird Then, Red, in fear, went to the cave where Mighty dwells, and asked for assistance while offering the sardines. Mighty looks at the can, and accepts the deal.
The Chef pig came out of the base later on, scouting. He was suddenly knocked on the head by the sardine can. He looked around, saw the can of sardines, and the shadow of the eagle appears. The chef panics, squeals, runs inside, chucks the eggs out of the fortress, and waves a white flag, indicating a surrender. Unfortunately for him, he gets crushed by the eagle anyway. The eggs are finally safe.
In the end of the video (Angry Birds and the Mighty Eagle), Mighty is closer to the camera making the noise of his approach and the scary music. It may scare some.
- Mighty has been mentioned in the Angry Birds Peace Song, when they say "make the Mighty Eagle smile".
- In the Ham'o'ween animated backstory video, The Blues (dressed as Frankenstein, the devil, and a witch) trick or treat at Mighty's cave and he gives them candy. And The Once Again In Angry Birds Friends: Pig Tales First Cutscene, this shows that Mighty has a relationship with the Blues.
- In a previous installment of Angry Birds Seasons, titled Year of the Dragon, Mighty is replaced with the Mighty Dragon, which works the same way.
- Mighty has Terence's corpse noises.
- Mighty has visited Santa's workshop according to the Christmas comic.
- The Blues in the comics have mentioned Mighty having multiple places of residence, of "rejuvenation spots". The primary appears to be high atop a cliff, as depicted in Ham'o'ween and the comics.
- Mighty is the eldest, strongest, and wisest of all the birds. He was likely feared by the Angry Birds originally, since Red was very afraid to go ask him for assistance in the Mighty Eagle trailer. As seen in a wallpaper, even Terence is afraid of Mighty. But as time progressed, especially in the comics, the Birds began to be less afraid of Mighty now. In fact, the Birds not only go to him to help them stop the pigs, but in the comics, they go to Mighty for advice and listen stories that have took place a long time ago.
- Another time when the Birds weren't afraid of Mighty was in the Ham 'O' Ween Animation, where the the Blues visited his cave during Trick or Treating and Mighty gave them candy.
- In the Christmas comic , when Mighty visits Santa's workshop, the purple ring around his eyes are gone. (Possibly symbolizing that Mighty was younger at that time.)
- In the Year of the Dragon animation descriptions and shop descriptions, it is said that Mighty transformed into Mighty Dragon, but in the comic, it is said Mighty was an old friend of Mighty Dragon and Mighty Dragon was accepted to look after his rejuvenation spot while Mighty is gone.
- It seems that Mighty has a lot of different counterparts,such as Mighty Dragon,the Space Eagles from Angry Birds Space,and the Mighty Philadelphia Eagle .
- On December 17, 2011, Mighty was made into a plush and was 100 dollars.This was a hard plush to find, but can mostly be found online at the Angry Birds Shop.The plush is also 18 to 24 inches big.
- You will have to wait 1 hour each time you use Mighty unless you complete the level that you used him on.
- Also, his cave appears in the background of one of the levels in Surf and Turf.
- He is always silhouetted, except in the comics and the Power Ups shop in Angry Birds Classic.
- Bubbles inflates almost as big as Mighty.
- In the Trilogy version, if you get 100 percent for a level, then the feather you receive will be golden.
- Mighty makes a cameo as a silhouette in Red's Mighty Feathers, when he gives Red some of his feathers.
|Playable Birds (The Flock)||Red Bird • Blue Bird • Yellow Bird • Black Bird • White Bird • Boomerang Bird • Big Brother Bird • Orange Bird • Pink Bird|
|Mighty Creatures||Mighty Eagle • Mighty Dragon • Mighty Philadelphia Eagle|
|From Other Installments||Rio Characters • Space Characters • Star Wars Characters • Ice Bird • Weekly Tournament Characters • Star Wars II Characters|
|Non-Playable Birds||Female Red Bird • Female White Bird • Developer Birds • Hockey Bird • Boy and Girl Eggs • Striped Bird • Joke Birds • Freddie Mercury|