|Off Duty title card (Click to zoom)|
|Air Date||May 19, 2013|
|Written by||Samuli Valkama |
|Directed by||Eric Guaglione|
|Do As I Say!||Slingshot 101|
Off Duty is the tenth episode of Angry Birds Toons.
While Red's away, the other birds think it's their chance to play...
Red guards the Eggs through sunshine, wind, rain, and snow. It soon all becomes too much for him, and Matilda tells him to go on a vacation, putting Chuck, Jay, Jake, Jim and Bomb in charge of guarding. Red does not want to leave, especially since Chuck, Jay, Jake, Jim, and Bomb don't appear to be particularly good guards due to being distracted by their own activities. Red leaves then when he looks back, the birds are doing their activities. While on holiday, Red cannot stop thinking of the eggs, while back home, the Pigs pull a surprise attack from above, defeating the "guards" and stealing the eggs. Red returns home and sees the other birds injured and the eggs missing. He runs off to the Pigs' fortress, demolishes it, and returns with the unharmed eggs. Though the day is won, Red scolds the injured birds for their poor guard behavior, but forgives them and decides that they should go on holiday too. Later, Bomb, Chuck and the Blues plays on the beach while Red is relaxing with the eggs.
Cast (In order)
- Red an the Eggs (as they appear together)
- Jay, Jake, and Jim, Chuck and Bomb (as they appear altogether)
- Minion Pigs
- This episode is the first appearance of Bomb.
- This is the first time that electric devices also make an appearance, like an MP3 and a camera.
- This is the first time the pigs attack the birds, and actually have the eggs.
- While guarding the eggs, Bomb unexpectedly throws his ice cream at one of the Blues.
- Unlike the past 2 episodes, the credits say Minion Pig although there were more pigs.
- One of the Blues appear to be in a wheel chair after being attacked by the pigs. This would be the second time a vehicle of some sort appears in the show. The first being the apple cart seen in the episode Where's My Crown?
- When Red was seeing eggs everywhere, he thought the sun was an egg. This could be a reference to the original Angry Birds game, as if you touch the sun on the level selection screen, you get a Golden Egg.
- The beach Red was on could have been a reference to Piglantis or Surf and Turf or the island in Ground Hog Day.
- This is the first time that all the first five flock members have an appearance together.
- This is the third episode in which the title changes during production. The first is True Blue?.
- When Matilda shouts at the birds to guard the eggs, Bomb's ice cream is in his mouth. When the birds rush to guard the eggs, the ice cream in his mouth disappears.
- This is the first time Blues don't seem to make any dangerous stunts.
- This is the last episode to have the original theme song as Slingshot 101 has the re-orchestrated theme.
- When Red sees the birds beaten up, Chuck looks like his eye is closed.
- Error: Bomb's eyebrows are red but in the scene Matilda screams at the birds,Bomb's eyebrows turn black everytime he is not facing the eggs.