"I told you not to mess with me!" ~ Angry Birds Movie
"Don't mess with BUBBLES!!!!" ~ Angry Birds Movie
|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the Space version, or the Transformers version.|
|Abilities||Inflates into a big size after impact|
|First Appearance||Theme 18-1 Ham'o'ween 1-4 (Angry Birds Seasons)|
|Species||Jamaican Oriole (Icterus Leucopteryx)|
|Locations||Many Since Ham'o'ween|
|Size||Small/large after power is activated|
Bubbles, the Orange Bird is a character in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He was introduced late in 2011 and is the third bird not originally part of the Flock. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode Sakura Ninja, Bubbles appears dressed in a Soldier costume, making it the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for the respective episode.
- Name: Bubbles
- Known aliases: Orange Bird, Globe Bird, Balloon Bird
- Group affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space
- Known relatives: None
- Best friends: Stella, Chuck, King Pig (sometimes), The Blues and Hal
- Voiced by: Antti LJ Pääkkönen (Angry Birds Toons), Ian Andrew Hecox (The Angry Birds Movie)
Bubbles appears as a small round orange bird with a large yellow beak. His black feathers on top of his head have different sizes the first feather is short while the other is large and his stomach is black.
His appearance in the Toons is the same appearance as the classic version
In the film version, Bubbles appears as an orange anthropomorphic Oriole in an identical appearance as his game counterpart. His black feathers on top of his head is enlarge and has orange streaks on them and has black feet as well as black feathers at the back. His eyes are yellow green instead of black.
His sprite sheet shows him to appear to be quite cheerful. From the Ham'o'ween Short Movie, he is shown to be oblivious to events happening around him. He has a gigantic appetite and a sweet tooth. In the Trick or Tweet video, he disguises himself as a giant Frankenstein Pig to frighten away the other birds, in order to steal their portion of candies, showing that he is clever, mischievous and loves playing pranks.
In both of the Halloween-themed animations, he is shown to be quite spoiled. He feasts on candy that others have gone through the trouble of collecting without any consent, and becomes enraged when a pig takes something in which he wants to the point of harming that pig and others.
In the Night of the Living Pork animation, he assists King Pig in defending his massive pile of candy from the Zompigs. Feeling sorry after most of the candy is gone, Bubbles leaves King Pig a piece of candy. This is the first time a positive interaction between a bird and pig can be seen.
Little is known about Bubbles' history before he met The Flock. When first seen, he was inadvertently and obliviously kidnapped by the pigs while he ate their Halloween candy. The Blues were the first to see him and followed the pigs in disguise to their fortress with the intent on rescuing him. However, Bubbles was able to free himself and defeat the King Pig when the greedy pig attempted to eat the piece of candy he wanted to eat. For the first time, Bubbles gets angry and then he ballooned up to ginormous size and pinned the King Pig.
In the Trick or Tweet video, the members of the Flock went around Trick-or-Treating for Halloween. Bubbles disguises himself as a giant Frankenstein pig to frighten away the other birds, in order to get their portion of candies. By doing so, he accumulated a lot of candy for himself. In the end, the birds discovered that they have been fooled and returned with Terence to get their candies back.
- Main Article: Ham'o'ween Short Movie
At an indeterminate time, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Bubbles did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived much later after the others, so it is possible he was not kidnapped originally and made his way to Rio to help rescue The Flock.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In addition to Rio, Bubbles has also traveled to China.
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. Matilda, Hal, and Stella appear to have been left behind on the island.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
- A very small amount of the Bubbles is known in Angry Birds Space before he was released in the game. The knowledge about the Bubbles is that he is known as the Cosmic Bird (or the Fan Alias of Atom Bird), and he has a Space Vest. In July, he made his way into space to help the Flock, or because of the smell of Utopian Candy.
Bubbles has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Space (as Atom Bird)
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Trilogy (only in The Anger Management Pack)
Bubbles first appeared in Angry Birds Seasons episode Ham'o'ween and has appeared sporadically since in Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space and the Classic Angry Birds games.
Bubbles inflates like a balloon when the player taps the screen or clicks their mouse (depending on the version of the game they are playing) however, unlike the Black Bird, his expansion doesn't displace all the objects within its blast radius, rather, it forcefully expels the objects closest to it but objects just slightly hit at the extent of the inflation will barely move and even stay in place. This makes him most effective when he lands right next to the desired target, as even though it may hit objects further out, it does little to nothing against them. When Bubbles expands within an enclosed space or crevice smaller than itself, it will quickly push itself outward until intersession, . When the player taps the screen while the bird is flying, it appears as it would cause great damage, but it does minimal damage when fired this way.
In the movie version, Bubbles retains his ability to inflate himself. This demonstrates when he got slingshot before being ganged up by the Pigs as he inflates to knock them down but destroying the tower house structures upon impact.
|Abilities||Shoots a stronger rocket than Bumblebee|
|First Appearance||Angry Birds Transformers|
|Species||Oriole Robot Bird|
Jazz understands that it's not what you do that counts, but how cool you look doing it. He's stylish and knows it, but doesn't see a need to show off.
Jazz loves Piggy Island's culture, especially music and dancing. His favorite dance moves include the 'Blaster Boogie,' the 'Slingshot Shuffle' and the ... 'Energon... ShaWhoop... DeDoo?' Yeah, okay, so I made that last one up.
Being transformed by the EggSpark hasn't changed Jazz's love of candy. In fact, [shh, whisper it], he's only battling to save Piggy Island because of all the delicious candies on it!
As one of Optimus Prime's sub-commanders, Jazz is often sent on top-secret missions, He's always calm and cool under pressure... unless there's candy in the area. Then it's CANDY RAMPAGE!
A balanced mix of rapid fire and fast speed means Jazz should take on towers and flying enemies, and dodge tougher threats.
Like most of the light, fast characters, the trick to using Jazz is quickly working out which targets you can take on and which you should leave. You can't shoot everything, dude! Just be cool.
Member of "Target: 2006" squad.
Energon power-up: Energon Shield.
- Bubbles and Hal are the only birds to first appear kidnapped by the pigs.
- Along with Stella, Bubbles is one of the only 2 birds that were first introduced into the Flock during an Angry Birds Seasons episode.
- This is the only bird to actually have its sprite sheet separate from the other birds, similar to the Mighty Eagle.
- Bubbles is the only bird to have 2 versions of plushes (uninflated and inflated versions).
- Bubbles' launch and deflating sound is a slightly lower pitch in the PC version of Angry Birds.
- Bubbles is both the smallest and biggest bird in The Flock so far (excluding the Mighty Eagle). In the game, he is slightly smaller than Red and bigger than Jay, Jake, and Jim, but in the Ham'o'ween short and most of the Facebook photos, he is smaller than Jay, Jake, and Jim.
- In Angry Birds Space, he appears to be full of helium or some other lighter then air gas when ballooned up, as he floats upwards as soon as he is full size, until he lets it out. This may be the reason that in all the games, he has very little weight, even when ballooned up.
- He is the only bird without a Google Chrome sprite.
- Surprisingly, Bubbles' smashing ability in Angry Birds Friends have been enormously increased, surpassing those like the Hal and Terence.
- Bubbles' new sprites were only revealed in Angry Birds Space.
- Bubbles was the first bird to be released in an update for Angry Birds Space.
- Bubble's inflated plush has an open mouth.
- Bubbles and Hal are so far the only two birds that do not have a Star Wars counterpart.
- Angry Birds Friends states Bubbles as "Orange".
- One time during Red's judgement about the pigs, Bubbles gets really mad and boos at Red, and it turned out into a booing chain reaction.