|Red Bird||Image Gallery|
- For the larger counterpart, see Big Brother Bird.
- For the female counterpart, see Female Red Bird.
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Super Red Bird entry in: Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Luke Skywalker entry in: Star Wars Characters .
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version, see Anakin Skywalker entry in Star Wars II Characters.
|Abilities||Targeting directly at pigs. (Red's Mighty Feathers Exclusive)|
|First Appearance||Theme 1-1|
Red Bird is the main protagonist in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He is also the leader of the Flock. First introduced in 2009, the character is the primary bird used in marketing to promote the series. Red is a Desert Cardinal. Red is the first bird used in the game, and he has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, he appears dressed as a ninja. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game (this is technically not completely true, because in both golden eggs in Go Green, Get Lucky in Angry Birds Seasons, he wears a green leprachaun hat), and completely new game sprites were created for this episode. He can be considered the unofficial mascot of Rovio and the official mascot of Angry Birds.
Starting at the first level, Poached Eggs, Red is able to cause great damage to the weaker structures, but as the player advances through the levels and episodes, they soon discover that Red doesn't have much strength compared to the other birds, and can usually only shatter about one or two long wood or glass block in every turn.
Red is useful through all levels, as he can be used to finish off areas that have been weakened by other birds.
In the episode Red's Mighty Feathers, he gets feathers from the Mighty Eagle and once flung, green arrows will appear to the nearest pigs and when the screen is tapped he will target the nearest one. However, due to fan's negative feedback, it was changed so that Red would directly target wherever the screen is tapped.
- Name: Red
- Known Aliases: Super Red Bird, Red Bird, Normal Bird, Angry Bird,
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in Patch Land, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
- Best Friends: Chuck
- Possible Family: Female Red Bird, Boy and Girl Eggs, Terence
Red is very reponsible and eager. He also cares for the eggs, and sometimes dresses them up by putting a cap on them to keep them cool, making him the one with the best caring skills. His best friend and confidant pal is Chuck. He regularly reassures and encourages his friends. He is also known for being a strong and responsible leader and for never giving up on protecting the eggs from the Pigs.
Red's depscription from the Angry Birds Official Website
Red’s special skills are his leadership qualities, which at first seems feeble compared to the brute force of Terence or explosive power of Bomb. But wait! Someone has to organize this odd flock of birds! He’s also a bit highly strung and sees small things as a declaration of war – like hearing the sound of the wind and thinking it’s the battle cry of the pig army. So that’s kind of intense! The whole flock tries to keep Red calm and relaxed by telling him to follow a strict program of herbal tea, soothing bath salts and deep-breathing exercises. But this only takes the edge off his anger, and it really doesn’t take much to remind Red of those little pigs trying to get their dirty trotters on the eggs. Even the sight of something green can enrage him! Red always needs to keep his possessions in the best possible condition. Like a proud dad, he spends hours every morning waxing the slingshot and making sure the band is perfectly elasticated. But if a dirty leaf lands on the sling then his eye starts twitching to show he’s edging closer to boiling point. Now he has to re-apply several more coats of polish to make it perfect again! Red also lets his guard down when he’s alone with the eggs and can be seen softly stroking their shells and telling them bedtime stories. It’s another rare moment of sensitivity and it reveals something of a softer side in him. But when the other flock members come a knocking, something clicks inside and instantly he’s back to being his usual serious and alert self.
This section is in major need of being expanded.
In the time Red and Jay, Jake, and Jim interact, he acts as a father figure. In Slingshot 101, they are scolded by Red when he tells them not to play on the slingshot. Afterwords, he can be seen playing with them as if he tolerates their behavior.
In different media, Red and Chuck are known to be best friends and care for each other. This can be exampled in the toons episode Chuck Time, where Red falls from a crevice, and Chuck rushes down to save him. In the Christmas Comic, Chuck falls from a cliff. Red ends up saving him.
Red and Bomb seem to be close friends, as in most pictures and media he, Bomb, and Chuck are oftenly seen together. Red seems to be concerned over Bomb, as in Angry Birds Mini-Comics Issue #1, he tries to help Bomb over his hiccups throughout the whole story.
Red trusts Matilda enough for her to take care of the Eggs, which she gladly does. However, Red dislikes her cooking but cannot tell her that he does due to the fact he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.
In the Summer Pignic Animation, Red extremely dislikes Hal at first, not trusting him enough to use the Slingshot. However, after Hal saves the eggs, Red is extremely grateful and accepts him as a part of the flock. Throughout the Angry Birds Mini-Comics, Red and Hal are shown to be good friends and Hal is cheery and optmistic towards Red.
Terence seems to be a much older version of Red, as they are the same species. Red is the only one who can understand Terence and cares for his temper, as he tells Terence to "take it easy" in comic #2. From the Toons episode Nighty Night Terence, it is seemingly shown that Red can entrust the Egg's safety with Terrence, leaving him and the eggs at the end of a clifftop, which is not very safe.
Red cares for Bubbles and may possibly be a father figure to him. In the Angry Birds Mini-Comic Issue #2, Red states that he would never hurt Bubbles, after seeing a picture of him popping Bubbles.
Red and Stella may possibly have a romantic intrest, as before Stella, it was Red and Female Red Bird usually seen together when Rovio made valentine's day cards or media. Currently, Stella is usually used for the occasion. Red also may be Stella's father figure, and angrybirds.com states that Stella enjoys not listening to Red.
In the toons episode Pig Plot Potion, Red is turned into a pig by Chef Pig. By the way they coopertively work in preparing King Pig's meal, it is possible if pigs didn't steal eggs and birds took care of their anger, they could have positive relationships.
In many different Episodes, Red is very overprotective of the eggs and risks his own life over saving them. In Egg's Day Out, Red ventures out to save one single egg, and even smashes a leaf apart afraid that it was a threat to their safety. Red is the caretaker of the eggs most of the time, and was even the one to find them on the shore before the pigs did. He always manages to rescue the Eggs when the pigs capture them, and throughout the entire Egg Defender mode in Red's Mighty Feathers, he protects a singular egg from all the Bad Piggies. He is constantly concerned over them, as shown in Off Duty when he is relucdant to turn over the Eggs' responsibility to Chuck, Bomb, and the Blues.
Once the King Pig decided to steal eggs from the Birds on their island, Red has been at the forefront of the war between the Angry Birds and the Bad Piggies. Red, Chuck, the Blues, Bomb, and Matilda were the first to discover the first eggs missing after severely attacking an insect for landing on their eggs. He is considered the leader of the Flock, though he displays no exceptional powers as the others do.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock, including Red. It was only for the actions of Terence that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio
During the Wreck the Halls adventure, Red and Bomb took the lead in chasing the Pigs through the snow on skis.
- Main article: Wreck The Halls Short Movie
In one conflict, the Bad Piggies stole a girl egg. When the flock retrieved her, Red was seen in the company of a female counterpart watching over the eggs. From the picture taken, it would appear that this is his mate and the Boy and Girl eggs are his offspring.
- Main article: Hogs and Kisses
In another adventure, Red and the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained special abilities as a result of the wormhole energy, and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs in order to regain their stolen eggs. He gained a mask, similar to Wolverine's, and his feathers have upgraded to a spiky top. Perhaps, his mask gave him the power to activate sling-scope on the slingshot.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
Red has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Space (as Super Red Bird)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Luke Skywalker/Red Skywalker)
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as Anakin Skywalker/Redkin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker/Red Skywalker)
- Angry Birds Go!
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Cheetos
Red can't destroy materials perfectly but, here are the materials that red can break.
- Red can destroy wood better than other materials (although he can shatter square and triangle blocks.)
- Red could only shatter a glass square block but, could only weaken other glass blocks. He can only destroy 1 really small glass block.
- Try not to use Red on stone. He can only shatter them (If it's already damaged) or weaken small stone blocks.
- Every corpses in Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Google Chrome, Angry Birds Google+, and Angry Birds Facebook have their tongue sticking out except for Red and Terence (Who had no accessable corpse.)
- Two versions of Red wearing aviation-related head gear were created for the Angry Birds Asian Challenge completion.
- Terence appears to be the same species as Red and may, in fact, be related (Hence the name Big Brother Bird.) Other than the Blue Birds, there are no other birds of the same species in the Flock core group.
- An officially licensed t-shirt entitled “Nerdy Birdy” showed Red with glasses and a bowtie. The image was so popular that a plush version was created. It should be noted that the Nerdy Birdy is not a new character, just Red wearing a bowtie and eye glasses.
- Red and Bomb appeared in the an episode of Bad Piggies game named Flight of the Night, where they're both guarding the eggs but fell asleep, posing a goal for the player to steal the egg, as being the primary goal of the game.
- Terence makes Red's pain noises when becoming a Corpse in Angry Birds Facebook.
- On May 13, 2012, Red cameoed in a Sunday Comic in the title panel.
- Red has the most relatives, three in all. They are Female Red bird (mate), boy and girl eggs (possible son and daughter), and Terence (brother).
- Red appears on both the old and new Game Cases For Angry Birds Trilogy, but in the new case, Chuck, Bomb, and two Bad Piggies appeared along with him.
- In Archie Sonic Universe Issue 32, a Bird that resembles Red appears as one of the inmates, along with Wolf from Star Fox.