- For the larger counterpart, see Big Brother Bird.
- For the female counterpart, see Female Red Bird.
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see the Red Bird entry in: Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see the Luke Skywalker entry in: Star Wars Characters .
|Red Bird||Image Gallery|
|Powers||Targeting directly at pigs. (Red's Mighty Feathers Exclusive)|
|First Level Appearance:||Theme 1-1|
Red Bird is the main protagonist in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. He is also the leader of the Flock. First introduced in 2009, the character is the primary bird used in marketing to promote the series. Red is a Desert Cardinal. Red is the first bird used in the game, and he has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, he appears dressed as a ninja. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game (this is technically not completely true, because in both golden eggs in Go Green, Get Lucky in Angry Birds Seasons, he wears a green leprachaun hat), and completely new game sprites were created for this episode. He can be considered the unofficial mascot of Rovio and the official mascot of Angry Birds.
Starting at the first level, Poached Eggs, Red is able to cause great damage to the weaker structures, but as the player advances through the levels and episodes, they soon discover that Red doesn't have much strength compared to the other birds, and can usually only shatter about one or two long wood or glass block in every turn.
Red is useful through all levels, as he can be used to finish off areas that have been weakened by other birds.
In the episode Red's Mighty Feathers, he gets feathers from the Mighty Eagle and is able to target directly at pigs.
- Name: Red
- Known Aliases: Super Red Bird, Red Bird, Normal Bird, Angry Bird,
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space, The Flock in Patch Land, The Flock in a Galaxy Far Far Away
- Best Friends: Chuck
- Possible Family: Female Red Bird, Boy and Girl Eggs, Terence
Red is very reponsible and eager. He also cares for the eggs, and sometimes dresses them up by putting a cap on them to keep them cool, making him the one with the best caring skills. His best friend and confidant pal is Chuck. He regularly reassures and encourages his friends. He is also known for being a strong and responsible leader and for never giving up on protecting the eggs from the Pigs.
Once the King Pig decided to steal eggs from the Birds on their island, Red has been at the forefront of the war between the Angry Birds and the Bad Piggies. Red, Chuck, the Blues, Bomb, and Matilda were the first to discover the first eggs missing after severely attacking an insect for landing on their eggs. He is considered the leader of the Flock, though he displays no exceptional powers as the others do.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock, including Red. It was only for the actions of Terence that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio
During the Wreck the Halls adventure, Red and Bomb took the lead in chasing the Pigs through the snow on skis.
- Main article: Wreck The Halls Short Movie
In one conflict, the Bad Piggies stole a girl egg. When the flock retrieved her, Red was seen in the company of a female counterpart watching over the eggs. From the picture taken, it would appear that this is his mate and the Boy and Girl eggs are his offspring.
- Main article: Hogs and Kisses
In another adventure, Red and the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained special abilities as a result of the wormhole energy, and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs in order to regain their stolen eggs. He gained a mask, similar to Wolverine's, and his feathers have upgraded to a spiky top. Perhaps, his mask gave him the power to activate sling-scope on the slingshot.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
Red has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Space (as Super Red Bird)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Luke Skywalker/Red Skywalker)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Cheetos
Red can't destroy materials perfectly but, here are the materials that red can break.
- Red can destroy wood better than other materials (although he can shatter square and triangle blocks.)
- Red could only shatter a glass square block but, could only weaken other glass blocks. He can only destroy 1 really small glass block.
- Try not to use Red on stone. He can only shatter them (If it's already damaged) or weaken small stone blocks.
- Every corpses in Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Google Chrome, Angry Birds Google+, and Angry Birds Facebook have their tongue sticking out except for Red and Terence (Who had no accessable corpse.)
- Two versions of Red wearing aviation-related head gear were created for the Angry Birds Asian Challenge completion.
- Terence appears to be the same species as Red and may, in fact, be related (Hence the name Big Brother Bird.) Other than the Blue Birds, there are no other birds of the same species in the Flock core group.
- An officially licensed t-shirt entitled “Nerdy Birdy” showed Red with glasses and a bowtie. The image was so popular that a plush version was created. It should be noted that the Nerdy Birdy is not a new character, just Red wearing a bowtie and eye glasses.
- Red and Bomb appeared in the an episode of Bad Piggies game named Flight of the Night, where they're both guarding the eggs but fell asleep, posing a goal for the player to steal the egg, as being the primary goal of the game.
- Terence makes Red's pain noises when becoming a Corpse in Angry Birds Facebook.
- On May 13, 2012, Red cameoed in a [Wikipedia:Garfield Garfield] Sunday Comic in the title panel.
- Red has the most relatives, three in all. They are Female Red bird (mate), boy and girl eggs (possible son and daughter), and Terence (brother).
- Red appears on both the old and new Game Cases For Angry Birds Trilogy, but in the new case, Chuck, Bomb, and two Bad Piggies appeared along with him.
- In Archie Sonic Universe Issue 32, a Bird that resembles Red appears as one of the inmates, along with Wolf from Star Fox.
|Playable Birds (The Flock)||Red Bird • Blue Bird • Yellow Bird • Black Bird • White Bird • Boomerang Bird • Big Brother Bird • Orange Bird • Pink Bird|
|Mighty Creatures||Mighty Eagle • Mighty Dragon • Mighty Philadelphia Eagle|
|From Other Installments||Rio Characters • Space Characters • Star Wars Characters • Ice Bird • Weekly Tournament Characters • Star Wars II Characters|
|Non-Playable Birds||Female Red Bird • Female White Bird • Developer Birds • Hockey Bird • Boy and Girl Eggs • Striped Bird • Joke Birds • Freddie Mercury|