: Level 5-5
|Released||August 23, 2012|
Red Planet is the 5th episode in Angry Birds Space. It was released during the morning of August 23rd, 2012. In the trailer, after travelling a great distance, the Mars Curiosity Rover has still not found anything but the Space Pigs and the Fortress being destroyed. Then the rover detected the Ice Bird on it and therefore ending the transmission. The Rover then re-transmits the transmission to the message of Red Planet Update that came this fall.
Fresh from their victory in Utopia, the Space Flock heard disturbing rumors about a red planet on the other side of a pig-shaped nebula. The Space Birds investigated, only to narrowly avoid a plummeting satellite. They watched open-beaked as a parachute unfurled, bringing the strange craft safely down on the planet's scarlet sands. A robotic rover buggy trundled out onto the red planet, ready to explore - but the Space Piggies were nearby and had different plans. The swine swooped in, stealing the space buggy, hoping to convert it into the ultimate egg-snatcher.
In the beginning cutscene for Red Planet, the episode starts when the Angry Birds find the landing of the Mars Curiosity Rover. The Space Pigs also saw it and thought it could be useful for stealing Eggs, so they hijacked it, making the Birds chase it along with the pigs.
The Birds defeat the pigs who hijacked the Mars Curiosity Rover. They retrieve the eggs, take the rover and run the pigs over with the Mars Curiosty Rover and drive away.
Fiery asteroids () - Introduced in level 5-5. They are similar to frozen meteorites and popcorn kernels, only when the crumbs explode, it destroys most obstacles just as easily. There are also small, smoking volcanoes with steam, known as steam geysers, which send the birds, pigs, and blocks to the direction it is facing.
The blue Crystal Shards - Worth 3,000 points like most shining objects, excluding Eggsteroids and Rovers.
The levels also consists mainly multiple red planets. Sometimes extra surfaces of the levels with fissures of lava can be seen in the levels as well. The background of the levels is a yellow sky with stars similar to Eggsteroids only with a more dusty tint, surface of the Red Planet (possibly Mars), dust clouds from top to bottom, and a planet seen in a distance that sort of looks like Jupiter. The background music of Red Planet has sounds of boiling magma and lava.
Red Planet is a hard episode. Later levels in this episode are much harder than early ones. Level 5-9, 5-16, 5-20, and 5-25 are very hard levels. Level 5-9 and 5-16 are the levels that are insanely hard to get three stars.
|Theme||Birds||Pigs||3 stars score||Notes|
|5-2||x1 x3 x1||54,000|
|5-3||x7 x3 x2||124,000|
|5-5||x6 x2 x1||132,000||Introducion to .|
|5-9||x4 x4||135,000||A very hard level.|
|5-12||x3 x3 x2||86,000|
|5-13||x5 x5 x1||113,000|
|5-15||x5 x1 x1||90,000|
|5-16||x7||130,000||A very hard level.|
|5-17||x7 x1 x2||112,000|
|5-19||x10||131,000||A considerably hard level for some.|
|5-20||x4 x2 x1||105,000||A very hard level.|
|5-22||x1 x6 x1||73,000|
|5-23||x4 x3 x1||60,000|
|5-24||x4 x1 x1||75,000|
|5-25||128,000||A very hard level.|
|5-26||x4 x3 x1||123,000|
|5-27||x2 x1 x2||130,000|
|5-28||x9 x3 x2||141,000|
|5-30||80,000||Fourth boss level.|
See Golden Rover E-R1 (Viking Lander) (Angry Birds Space) for the first Eggsteroid Rover, Golden Rover E-R2 (Sojourner) (Angry Birds Space) for the second Eggsteroid Rover, Golden Rover E-R3 (Opportunity) (Angry Birds Space) for the third Eggsteroid Rover, and Golden Rover E-R4 (Phoenix Lander) (Angry Birds Space) for the fourth Eggsteroid Rover.
- Red Planet contains 4 new eggsteroids based on the rovers that landed on Mars, Viking Lander, Sojourner, Opportunity, and Pheonix Lander. They, respectively, represent Eggsteroids levels E-R1, E-R2, E-R3, and E-R4, and they all got the same stage background, background music, and features as on Red Planet. They be seen in the second page in Eggsteroids.
- Red Planet is the first episode to have a different colored gravitation forcefields than most episodes. The color for the gravitational forcefields in Red Planet, as well as the Rover Eggstroid Levels, are colored white/beige.
- The Rover Eggsteroid Levels makes the second time that some Eggsteroid levels don't always have yellow graivitational forcefields, with the first time being the Samsung Galaxy Exclusive Eggsteroid. This is because the Rover Eggsteroid Levels have the same color for gravitational forcefields as Red Planet, white/beige.
- This is the second episode in Angry birds space where the Orange Bird makes his appearance, with the first episode being Utopia.He only appeared in 5 levels: level 5-9, 5-19, 5-24, 5-29 and 5-30 and was not seen many times in the game.
- This marks the third time the Fat Pig (not the Ravenous Boss from Utopia) appeared as a common enemy, with the first time being Utopia and the second being some the Space Egg Bonus Levels (S-4, S-8 and S-10). Fat Pig could be only seen in level 5-4 but not the other levels.
- If the firey asteroids explode near the levels on Red Planet's levels selection screen, the stars of finished levels will spin around in a complete circle once they explode either left or right of the stars of the levels you have passed. You cannot do this if you do not pass these levels.
- In v1.3.0 only, when taping the upper left asteriod on page 3 (in red planet), the "coming soon" sign will float around. This does not happen when the levels 21-30 come.
- The Orange Bird has not appeared all cutscenes because he is not one of the main birds in Angry Birds Space.
- When Pigs are out of the gravitational fields and popped out of the bubble, they can still survive if still floating in the steam coming from the volcanoes.