"Cute and bubbly!" "If not me, then who?"
These feathers are made for shining and that's just what they'll do. Don't try to steal my limelight but i'm happy to share the stage with you. If you enjoy popping pigs, that is.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see Princess Leia entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version, see Padmé Amidala entry in: Star Wars II Characters.
|Abilities||Trapping objects in Bubbles (Original Series)|
Speeding up when screen is tapped/Rebounding off walls (Angry Birds Stella)
|First Appearance||Back to School Level 1-1|
|Locations||Many Since Back to School|
Stella, the Pink Bird is a bird that first appears in the Angry Birds Seasons episode Back to School, released on August 16. She is the second to be a playable female, after the White Bird (third if one counts Jewel from Angry Birds Rio), and the first new playable bird to be female that wasn't part of the original Flock.
As Stella likes to blows bubbles, she may be a young member of The Flock. She shows signs of being childish, but also very cunning, as she quickly thwarts the pigs' plans before they can launch them. She gets enraged easily, but is very happy when not. It was revealed in the Angry Birds Hatching a Universe and other media that she is a teenager. She is stubborn and unruly, and hates being told what to do.
Main article: Angry Birds Seasons
Stella first made her debut in Angry Birds Seasons' Back to School. She then joins the rest of the Flock to assist them in preventing the pigs from once again stealing the eggs. She later helps them recover the eggs in Haunted Hogs and Winter Wonderham.
This area is in need of expansion
Stella appears to be a mother/sisterly figure to Luca. She forces him to take baths and keeps him away from Gale, as Stella thinks she is dangerous. Luca also cares about Stella, as when she gains a phobia of flying, Luca tricks her into using her hangglider to save him. Stella forgets her phobia and jumps off the tree with her hangglider to save Luca.
Stella used to be best friends with Gale. In the Angry Birds Stella gameplay trailer, a photograph is seen with both Stella and Gale. Unfortunately, the two went separate ways when Gale discovered a crown that put her in command of the pigs. She jumps into an active volcano in order to save Gale from death; and is heartbroken with the loss of her.
Stella is physically weak against all material, as 3 Pink Birds cannot shatter a single Wood block when shot consecutively.
As her second ability, Stella is more useful. She can riochet off of 1 surface and then crash to the next, causing a small explosion.
Like the Black Bird, the Orange Bird, and the Ice Bird, Stella's ability is activated when the screen is tapped, or after a couple of seconds after striking an object. When activated, Stella will surround herself in a bubble, which will expand after a few seconds. Any blocks or pigs within the bubble's range will trapped in either pink, green, or blue bubbles. All of the bubbles will then rise towards the sky. After a few seconds, the bubbles will pop, sending everything that was caught crashing down. The bubbles cannot protect any blocks or pigs they capture.
However, the bubble has a small range. The bubble also cannot lift blocks that are secured in a structure, and thus, Stella will not be effective against heavily fortified structures. The bubble also cannot enclose and trap items.
Stella now has the ability to riochet off a surface and crash into another. The second bounce causes a mini-explosion, so it is suggested Stella riochet off a weaker surface and then crash into a stronger, more fortified one.
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Princess Leia/Princess Stella)
- Angry Birds Trilogy (available in "Fowl Tempered" DLC Pack)
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (as Padme Amidala)
- Angry Birds Go!
- Angry Birds Stella
- Angry Birds Stella Pop
- Stella Toons
For her gallery, see Pink Bird/Image Gallery.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Pink Bird has less power than the Red Bird, aside when using her ability. She cannot destroy neither glass, wood, or stone without flinging her several times. Although she will damage glass, she is not good against any three unless her ability is used. Her bubbles can easily lift objects unless they are under several heavy bricks, like wood or stone. If that occurs, then most likely nothing will change in the level.
Stella's mini-explosion on her second impact makes her a very useful character. However, once made impact without using her ability she is weak. It is suggested the first structure she bounces off of is a weak unsupported structure or an explosive object, as her first bounce is not as affective as her second impact.
- In the trailer, Stella is shown to use a bubble wand to produce the bubbles, however this wand is nowhere in the game itself.
- In the Angry Birds Hatching a Universe book, it is revealed Stella went through many changes in development, she was once considered having a blue color. She is also resembled to many anime and the Powerpuff Girls, as said in the book.
- Stella's plush also reveals she once was a much more temperate shade of pink, while currently she is a light shade of pink.
- Stella is the first bird to be confirmed female at her release. Although Matilda is female, she was never actually confirmed to be when the game was released.
- Stella has the most sprite changes/costumes. Her prototype plush shows a rather different sprite (see image gallery). Her sprite in Angry Birds Seasons was different from the prototype. Afterwards, in her release in Angry Birds Original she had a few minor adjustments. In Angry Birds Rio, her sprite was exclusively changed just for the "Rio 2" segment. In Angry Birds Stella, her sprite was changed to a much more cartoon-ish look. In Stella Toons her sprite is different from her actual Angry Birds Animation style. Lastly, there are more than 9 different designs for her in the Angry Birds: Hatching a Universe book.
- Stella's birthday is on January 17th.