Surf and Turf
:February 13, 2012
:March 20, 2012
|Difficulty Rating||-Not calculated yet-
(See Difficulty System)
| :Mighty Hoax|
| :Pigini Beach|
Surf and Turf is an episode created first for Angry Birds Friends, and then the original app. It was released when Angry Birds Friends was launched on February 14, 2012. The episode originally consisted of 15 levels at launch, but additional 30 levels were added to it. After that, this episode was also brought to the original Angry Birds with the first 15, but it eventually brought the other 30 with it.
NOT SO MUCH FUN IN THE SUN
When Red heard that King Pig had given his swine subjects the day off, the Flock headed for South Beach, hoping to give the eggs a little sea air. As the birds were warming their feathers in the sun, the sandhogs struck, floating the eggs away on balloons. Time to turn up the heat!
Surf and Turf (Angry Birds Friends)
In Angry Birds Friends, Red, The Blues, and Chuck are at the beach looking at the ocean when suddenly, a balloon appeared and stole the eggs. The birds saw that their eggs were gone. It was the pigs that stole the eggs so it was up to the birds to save the eggs.
Surf and Turf (Original Angry Birds)
- On March 20th, 2012, Surf and Turf was released in the original Angry Birds as a non-sequential episode. In that way, it is unnumbered. This was verified with the release of the episode "Bad Piggies" to the original app, numbered as Episode 8.
- This episode is the first new episode to allow players to use Power Ups. However, they are not necessary to complete levels. Power Ups were only available in the Facebook app, until an update came on August 2, 2012 for the mobile version of this episode. In the update, players will receive a 5 bundle for the first time using the update. A slot machine will give you 1 power up that has 3 in a row when you play any level to begin playing the game each day. In the v2.3.0 release, 3-starring an episode earns at 5x-bundle of Power Ups.
- Pigs are seen relaxing and performing common beach-themed activities, such as fishing.
- Rather than Flash animation cutscenes, the Facebook version of this episode uses a comic book/strip-style format with still image panels telling the narrative, similar to Angry Birds Rio's cutscenes. The cutscenes were originally not present on the original Angry Birds app until the update on August 2, 2012. The cutscenes in the app version are just like the other episodes of the app instead of Angry Birds Friends version.
- Along with the Bad Piggies episode, this is one of the few Angry Birds episodes to not feature Golden Eggs.
- If you look closely, in the 3rd world, are seen the Mighty Eagle's cave.
- When you finish Surf and Turf in the mobile app you get a wine glass with lemonade with a straw as a prize.