White Bird is female. Any more discussions claiming that she is male will be deleted on sight.
For some reason the white bird drops an invisible explosive egg when tapping on screen. Happens on Angry Birds for Android, I will make a picture later on this day.
Knux95 12:03, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
He can make eggs but he's still male?
|This is a closed discussion
A little while ago I added "Chubby Bird" to the list of fan aliases and it got removed. I'm just wondering why it was, as it was really called the Chubby Bird in a web page:
- I'm sure with some effort you could come up with pretty much any fan alias for any bird. The point would be that only ones that are widely accepted should be on the list. For example, "Chicken Bird" is used because the White bird looks like a chicken. AMslimfordy 19:19, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
- When I updated the templates for the main birds, I purposefully changed the format to include the official name from Rovio (for the week), any pseudo-official or early placeholder names and a separate area for fan names because there are dozens. I agree that there should be a cut-off and a limit, though. I don't remember specifically about Chubby Bird, but there might have been something else in your edit that got the update rolled back. If there was incorrect information AND a fan name, chances are the fan name will be sacrificed without a second thought. DoctorOmega 08:50, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
Gender Confirmed By Rovio
[] The page is locked. Can some make this change, possibly including the reference? Thanks
Why does nobody change it? They all still think that the white bird is male!
188.8.131.52 02:15, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
White Bird is a female or male ?
|This is a closed discussion
Is white bird from angry birds a girl?
Best Answer;Yes, because men don't lay eggs( THIS IS FROM wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_white_bird_from_angry_birds_a_girl)  THIS IS A ANIME PICTURE OF MATILDA JUST WANTED TO PUT IT.
im nervous of writing this but it is true actually but most people think it's a boy for the way it looks. it's okay at first i thought it was a boy too.there is evidence to prove my true theory.
- the white bird's name is matilda. Matilda is a girl for she lays eggs., and as we know all animals that lays eggs is female. also in two episodes that roviomobile made( angry birds trilogy trailer and angry birds trick or tweet) shows that she is a girl. Furthermore, in the game hogs and kisses they dress her up in a female outfit to make it more noticable.
- that one is the same. roviomobile trying to make it more specific that the white bird is a girl. Also in angry birds wiki just type white bird or matilda and it will show it gender which is female. if you don't trust wiki then go to youtube and type those episodes i wrote in the second paragraph.
- another evidence is, in the angry birds christmas comic it shows matilda is kniting( don't think she old i knit too and I'm only 11.) AND BOYS OR MALES DON'T KNIT.
- in the ninja game of angry birds( i forgot what is called) is shows her wearing a girl outfit that GIRLS wear somewhere in asia . and do boys wear girl outfits? NOOOOOO!!!
- SO the white bird is officialy a girl. PEACE OUT!
Gender; needs conformation.
|This is a closed discussion
- That was confirmed two times by Rovio on twitter. There, I don't understand why everybody keeps on denying the fact it is a female. After this second time it seems clear they aren't mistaken, it is a female. — Lilonow (talk) 16:06, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I've looked through the entire Twitter feeds for Rovio and Angry Birds and haven't seen a single instance of them confirming its gender either way. I'm personally disinclined to think that this particular White Bird is a female, as there is another completely different-looking White Bird that is definitely female. As for male birds not producing eggs: I've never seen any kind of bird explode after touching something, or split itself into three copies, or fire itself out of a slingshot at a castle built by a bunch of green pigs-yet all these things, and more, happen in Angry Birds. 184.108.40.206 00:05, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
- To 220.127.116.11, there are several linked references above in this "Talk" section. Also, here's another Tweet from Rovio that says female. Also, this image from Rovio portraying the White Bird as Kate Middleton. Also, in Sakura Ninja, the White Bird is dressed as a Geisha, a female role. 18.104.22.168 00:28, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
The egg bomb inside the White Bird met have a baby Bomb Bird inside.The Bomb1234 (talk) 07:59, September 23, 2012 (UTC)The Bomb1234
- In the Angry Birds Trilogy promo video and the Angry Birds-Coca Cola promo video , the White Bird is seen with eyelashes and pink cheeks, but no bow on the head or lipstick. I am quite sure that the bird in these two video is Matilda and not the Hogs and Kisses counterpart.
- In both instances, the Hogs and Kisses White Bird is a background character and does not appear in gameplay itself. It would be illogical for her to be cast in a promotional video, unless she is going to be part of the gameplay for that season. Hence, there is enough official evidence that Matilda is female.
- Since the birds are known to wear costumes according to the occasion/season, could there also be a possibility that the Hogs and Kisses counterpart is actually Matilda in costume?
- 22.214.171.124 13:35, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
By Rovio's official trading cards, White Bird has named Matilda. 126.96.36.199 18:07, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I've got those from a supermarket from Finland. I was surprised too. Nietvart (talk) 19:19, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
- She's also in Toy Care's product presentation for their line of Angry Birds 3D toothbrushes. I'll just leave this here for quick reference:
Name: The White Bird's real name is Matilda. Somebody forgot to post the picture and edited the post.
- Well, the main page is protected... Nietvart (talk) 17:04, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
- I cant belive shes a girl
Matilda's multiple designs
Matilda has went through several design changes since her official release. Are these birds all the same bird, or different birds of the same breed?
To answer that, yes, my jimmies remain unrustled. They are all the same! The Coco-Cola and Trilogy versions are the cartoon version. The yellow cheeked is the game version. The one in the Mighty Eagle poster is the Mighty Eagle poster version. I guess they wanted to make her more feminine looking.Gabrieltnz (talk) 07:47, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
LOL! Gabrieltnz, not to rustle your jimmies, I just want to confirm whether there is only one White Bird or many of them.
I didn't know that she was supposed to be a hen. Her Coca-Cola and Trilogy variations make her look more like a peahen wearing blush, though. Thanks for your answer! TheAngryAlly (talk) 09:15, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
At least we know what the current cartoon version of her looks like. It is weird that she is a female, but they made the Female White Bird, as well as that in Angry Birds Star Wars, she plays C-3PO, who is a male. --Lightening McQueen (talk) 13:32, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
@Uhohspaghhetiohs: I am sorry, your comment is posted in the wrong discussion thread. I was questioning about her breed, not her gender. In the beginning, she was a Snow Bunting, but now she is a Chicken (Hen).
@Lightning McQueen: As you have mentioned, she has taken a male role in Star Wars, which is why I am wondering whether more than one White Bird exists. Matilda and the Female White Bird are the females of the breed, while there may be other male White Birds that look relatively alike to their female counterparts.
As for why they created the Female White Bird, it is possible that she is Matilda's sister or daughter, or even Matilda herself wearing makeup and a pink bow. Since only female birds lay eggs, I suppose that the male White Birds have different powers.TheAngryAlly (talk) 11:00, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
I dont think she's her daughter/sister. That woldn't match the Valentines love theme. I think it IS Matilda in bow. So, maybe the character we are missing is the MALE White Bird:
And about her being 3PO in Star Wars, I don't think 3PO has a REAL gender, due to being a droid, despite being refered to as "he" "him "his." Other than that "his" gender has never been refered to. I.E: "He's" a thing. WIKI (talk) 01:34, October 24, 2012 (UTC)Wikiboy24WIKI (talk) 01:34, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, yeah. I forgot that the Female White Bird character is present only in the Hogs and Kisses season. Yes, I agree with you about the Female White Bird being Matilda . The male bird in the picture above might be Matilda's boyfriend or husband, and Matilda is dressing up for a romantic date with him.
Female White Bird's size was smaller than Female Red Bird in the pictures, which is why everyone believes that Matilda and the Female White Bird are seperate characters. It might be a design mistake, or it can symbolise that Matilda was young at that time.
Interesting explanation about the droid's gender. As the other birds' genders have never been changed specially for any theme before, your explanation is likely to be correct. C-3PO is likely to be Matilda in gold and with different powers. Thanks, WIKI! Professor Boomerang (talk) 13:46, November 6, 2012 (UTC)
I have found evidence that White Bird is a female. That is from an official Angry Birds Twitter account. This should end all the doubts about her gender. Professor Boomerang (talk) 09:26, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
Like Bubbles, I think her size varies from media to media. In the game she is bigger than Bomb, but in other things, like cutscenes, she is smaller. Her trading card also says she is between the size of a black and red bird. 188.8.131.52 14:01, October 20, 2012 (UTC)Wikiboy24184.108.40.206 14:01, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
You don't think all Wikia Contributors are people who vandalise. I spotted one mistake in your article that White Bird in ABSW is C3P0 not CP30!!
For goodness sake, please edit and also edit Angry Birds Star Wars! People who don't play that game don't know which are the episodes!!
P.S. I'm not trying to humiliate you, I want you to improve your Wiki!
220.127.116.11 07:46, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
@IP, please calm yourself, we are working the best we can and I really think you should be a slight bit calmer. We're trying.
King Pig was here, Outro of DARKNESS, then REDNESS, then WHITENESS! 04:36, November 27, 2012 (UTC)
Compilation of photos for White bird's page
UnprotectionThere is no more edit war. Can I edit the page to have official information about her?Gabrieltnz (talk) 10:02, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
If you are gonna add official information, make sure you use this one: 18.104.22.168 00:51, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
White Bird is not a boy,she is a girl who lays eggs.
- Please read the above messages before you continue discussing.
She can't make Al's launch noise on Angry Birds Facebook.
is a girl. -.-no a boy
Matilda sure can have various features. In the game, she has 3 tail feathers, while in the Coca Cola, McDonald's, and Angry Birds Toons Videos, she only has 2 tail feathers and looks a little more femine in appearance, like eyelashes.
They have some male pronouns like "He" and "Him". Can you make them back into female pronouns.
PLEASE SOMEONE DO THAT!!! And I'm also sick and tired of people who keep saying Matilda's a guy. Rovio even said that she was a girl a few times already. I mean come on. Cant the fans just understand?
I swear to god I will throw my tablet out of a window if I see one more person who believes that Matilda's a boy. Not much to say... rawr. 01:04, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
As I play Angry Birds Rio. At Rio 2 level High Dive-8 , Matilda's eggs are proved that it can float in water, and can be pushed by other birds. - Johnlemuelgdelacruz123