|Angry Birds 2|
Current app icon
|Length (in levels):||1700 levels|
|Released:||Canada: March 5, 2015 (as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction)|
Worldwide: July 30, 2015 (as Angry Birds 2)
Angry Birds 2 (formerly known as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction) is a puzzle platformer game developed by Rovio, first soft launched in Canada on March 5, 2015 and officially released on July 30, 2015. The direct sequel to Angry Birds utilizes new challenges such as multi-stage levels and boss battles (referred to as boss piggies). The game also introduces new features such as spells, cards, feathers, and a bird known as Silver.
After the events of Angry Birds, Chef Pig steals the eggs and puts them in an airship, leaving Red to gather the rest of the flock pursuing him and the rest of the pigs. After Chef Pig is defeated, the Foreman Pig takes over followed by the King Pig on defeat. It goes on to avoid the birds from recovering the eggs. The beginning cutscene was removed in later updates.
Main Article: Angry Birds 2/Cards
There are a number of new changes from the prequel, although the core mechanic of launching birds into Pig Fortresses via the slingshot remains constant. Levels are now selected in the form of an overworld similar to Angry Birds Epic rather than a typical selection screen. Birds are unlocked via accessing treasure chests throughout the overworld. Angry Birds 2 introduces multiple sections labeled as "rooms" in each level (indicated at the top center, and can range from two to seven), thus players must defeat multiple fortresses one at a time in order to advance.
During levels, players are not able to select which birds are desired. Birds/cards are auto assigned from a predetermined set drawn from the pool of birds the player has previously 'unlocked'. Three (3) of these 'bird cards' are presented 'face up' thus revealing their identity. While the remaining cards are in reserve and are presented 'face down' and thus rendering their value hidden. At all times the number of reserve cards is displayed. As a card/bird is used to attack, one of the face down/reserve cards is turned 'face up' and is now active and available for attack. The three (3) 'face up'/active cards can be used in any order the player wishes. This differs greatly from previous iterations of Angry Birds, as the order of birds until this installment were locked, meaning the player could not choose which birds to fire at their momentary need. A "Destruct-O-Meter" on the upper-right of the screen accumulates points from playing through levels, and filling up the bar will reset it and award the player with an extra bird card. In the event that the player already has three (3) bird cards 'face up' the awarded extra card will be placed 'face down' in the reserve deck. (note: as the card travels to the reserve deck the identity is NOT hidden.) In the event only one bird is used to destroy a fortress, it is referred to as a "strike!" (such as in bowling) or two birds was used "birdie!" (spare), earning additional points towards the score.
Unlike previous games where players could fail levels without consequence or retry levels as many times as needed, Angry Birds 2 features the usage of lives where there are a limited amount of attempts allowed. This means that the player must have at least one life in order to play a level. The game starts out with five lives, one is deducted every time a level is failed or the player forfeits (There was a special offer that allowed the player to have six lives). Lives regenerate slowly over time (one per thirty minutes), but the player may purchase additional lives to use on demand. It is impossible to lose a life if the player does not launch any birds at the beginning of the level.
The lives are shown on the top right of the new screen and campaign map.
As of new version 2.12.2, a new home screen design bought a new layout features the character cards, the right icons redirects into campaign, the arena and daily challenge/King Pig Panic respectively. The bottom shows daily quest, chest and tower of fortune icons.
The star rank is a new feature in which players accumulate stars to level up the rank currently in their possession. It can be earn through campaign levels or The Nest. It is displayed on the top left of the screen in campaign map and home screen.
There are various different types of leve in the main campaign:
- Normal Level () - Clear all the pigs to complete the level. (First introduced in level 1; common to find)
- Hard Level - () - Clear all the pigs in a harder difficulty to complete the level. (First introduced in level 9; uncommon to find)
- Boss Level - () Beat the boss pig in the last room to complete the level. (First introduced in level 5; each chapter has at least 3 of this level type)
- Score Level - Score the required points to complete the level. (First introduced in level 14; very rare to find)
There are a multitude of ways to pop the pigs in Angry birds 2, such as slingshotting a bird directly into a pig, by using abilities or - most commonly - toppling structures that can fall onto the pigs.
Every day, you can complete six challenges in order to claim a large amount of feathers if you complete all of them. These include the following (as of version 2.19.1):
- Playing the arena [Rewards × 10]
- Collecting (x # of) stars [Rewards × 10]
- Completing Stage 1 daily challenge [Rewards × 10]
- Completing the King Pig Panic [Rewards × 20]
- Claim gem letter [Rewards × 70 ] (must purchase the gem letter in the gem shop)
Similar to achievments in Game Centre or Google Play, these are missions that are intended to be coompleted over a longer period of time than the daily quests. Listed below are the feats in the game:
- Completing the daily challenge x times [Rewards black pearls]
- Defeating x boss pigs [Rewards black pearls]
- Leveling up all birds to x [Rewards feathers]
- Logging in on x different days [Rewards black pearls]
- Getting x arena wins [Rewards ]
- Watching x video ads [Rewards ]
- Popping x pigs [Rewards black pearls]
- Opening x rare chests [Rewards feathers]
- Completing x arena win streaks [Rewards ]
- Opening x common chests [Rewards ]
- Using x spells [Rewards black pearls]
- Reaching floor x in Tower of Fortune [Rewards black pearls]
- Completing King Pig Panic x times [Rewards ]
- Completing x x4 hat sets [Rewards ]
- Winning x weekly tournaments [Rewards rare chests]
- Completing all Daily Quests x times [Rewards feathers]
- Opening certain number of legendary chests [Rewards × 1]
- Unlocking Blues; Chuck; Matilda; Silver; Bomb and Terence [Rewards × 100 each bird]
The Nest (Bird Arena)
For details on The Nest, see Angry Birds 2/The Nest.
For details on Clans, see Angry Birds 2/Clans.
Score Multiplier Rank
For a list of bird and slingshot ranks, see Angry Birds 2/Score Multiplier Rank
For details on daily challenges, see Angry Birds 2/Daily Challenge.
King Pig Panic
The King Pig Panic is a bonus set of levels, which can be unlocked every day by completing the Daily Challenge. The King Pig Panic always consists of three boss levels, which increase in difficulty towards level 3. You cna try this challenge multiple times in one day, but you have only have one hour to complete it after completing the Daily Challenge.
Tower of Fortune
For details on Tower of Fortune, see Angry Birds 2/Tower of Fortune.
Spells are powerful cards that can be brought into normal and hard levels in the campaign, as well as in the arena. They are in addition to your normal cards, and when it is selected you are guaranteed to receive at least one randomly in the level. Spells will rank up if all the birds (and slingshot) have reached the specified level (unless all the birds' level are inconsistent, the lowest level will be applied to spells). For example, if all your birds are at rank 18, except Red who is at Rank 17, then the spells will be at rank 17.
Limited Time Spells (Sponsored Spells)
The spells listed below were only available for a limited amount of time, and were usually very similar in function to the Golden Ducks.
- Buzz's Honey Blaster Spell (Special Honey Nut Cheerios event spell available in the U.S.)
- Octo the Lover Spell (Special Nibblers event spell)
- Monstrous Spell of Mavis (Special Hotel Transylvania 2 event spell)
- Shakira's Love Rocks Spell (Special Love Rocks event spell)
- Idea Advantage Spell (Special Idea MNP Operator event spell available in India)
- Hatchlings Spell (Special The Angry Birds Movie event spell)
- Cardbury Gems Spell (Special Cardbury Gems event spell)
- Release The Catch Spell (Special Support to WWF event spell available only on iOS devices)
- SpinMaster Spell (Special Angry Birds Spinmaster toy spell)
- Birthday Spell (Special Angry Birds 2 1st Birthday)
- Angry Birds Evolution Spells (Special Angry Birds Evolution event spells)
- Duck Tales Spell (Special Disney XD Duck Tales spell)
Gems are the primary premium currency in Angry Birds 2. They can be used for:
- Continue levels, Clans, Daily Challenge, King Pig Panic when you are out of cards and there are still pigs alive, or continuing the Arena when you are losing ( × 60 x times revived)
- Refill all five lives (or six if there is an offer) ( × 60)
- Opening either a Rare Chest or a Legendary Chest ( × 0~900)
- Purchasing spells or power-ups ( × 50~800)
- Reviving yourself in the Tower of Fortune ( × 20 < 50 < x2 until 3,200)
- Changing your profile name (first is free) ( × 100)
- Replaying clan levels ( x0 < 20 x times replayed)
- Replay clan battles (x200)
- Replay Mighty Eagle Boot Camp rounds (x300)
- Switch opponents in the arena (x15)
Gems can be earned in several ways:
- Free chests ( × 10)
- Completing daily quests ( × 3~79)
- Weekly tournament ( × 5~300)
- Through in-game purchases ( × 80~16,800)
There are three chests:
- Common [Free; resets every 30 minutes (or 15 minutes with Tutor upgrade) with a additional rewards by watching an advertisement video]
- Rare (Costs × 80 to open)
- Legendary (Costs × 900 to open)
Generally speaking, the rewards for opening a chest are listed below:
- × 25~7,500
- × 10~1,400
- (The common Golden Duck to the rare Mighty Eagle, sometimes will earn up to 3 copies.)
- (Free hat)
- × 5~1,000
Naturally, opening a Legendary chest will grant much better quantities and qualities of items than opening a common chest.
|Shoots red soundwaves which can be used to topple structures||"Leader of the Flock!"|
Red is the first bird introduced in the game.
He is the main protagonist of the series, and has appeared in almost every game to date.
|Splits into three small birds and slightly speeds up||"Good with Ice!"|
Jay, Jake, and Jim are triplets who can split into three. They do good damage to ice.
|Heavily speeds up when the screen is tapped||"Good with Wood!"|
Chuck is a canary who can heavily damage wood and can go very fast.
|Shoots egg bombs vertically downwards, while simultaneously propelling herself upward||"Explosive Spirit!"|
Matilda is a chicken who lays egg bombs that cause destruction and explosions to structures below.
|Does a 360-degree loop before violently crashing down on the ground||"Looping Legend"|
Silver is a gray falcon who can crash violently down on the ground. She does significant damage to stones and bosses.
|Blowing up causing significant damage to structures||"Explosive Temper..."|
Bomb can blow himself up to deal large damage to structures, especially to stone blocks.
|Huge strength and power to topple structures and towers||"Big, Bad, Bold"|
A large bird who can cause massive destruction. Also deals heavy damage to some bosses.
There are a total of 45 chapters with 1700 levels. Upcoming areas are highlighted in yellow and italic references are fictional.
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring.
You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
|1||Feathery Hills||Beverly Hills||Cobalt Plateaus||1-15|
|2||New Pork City||New York City||Pig City||16-35|
|3||Eggchanted Woods||Enchanted Woods||Bamboo Forest||36-60|
|4||Chirp Valley||N/A||Cobalt Plateaus||61-90|
|6||Greasy Swamp||N/A||Bamboo Forest||121-150|
|9||Misty Mire||N/A||Bamboo Forest||211-240|
|10||Pigsyland||Disneyland||Pig City (Carnival)||241-280|
|11||Snotting Hill||Notting Hill||Bamboo Forest (Halloween)||281-320|
|12||Fluttering Heights||Wuthering Heights||Cobalt Plateaus||321-360|
|13||Mount Evernest||Mount Everest||Cobalt Plateaus (Christmas)||361-400|
|14||Ham Francisco||San Francisco||Pig City (Carnival)||401-440|
|15||Pig Bay||Big Bay||Cobalt Plateaus (Water)||441-500|
|16||Gravity Grove||N/A||Bamboo Forest (Gravity)||501-540|
|17||The Pig Apple||The Big Apple||Pig City||541-580|
|18||The Hamalayas||The Himalayas||Cobalt Plateaus (Snow)||581-620|
|19||Madagooscar||Madagascar||Bamboo Forest (Halloween)||621-660|
|22||The Hamazonas||The Amazonas||Bamboo Forest||741-780|
|23||Copacabacon||Copacabana||Cobalt Plateaus (Water)||781-820|
|24||Snout Slough||N/A||Bamboo Forest (Halloween)||821-860|
|26||Pigfoot Mountains||Bigfoot Mountains||Cobalt Plateaus||901-940|
|27||Central Pork||Central Park||Bamboo Forest||941-980|
|29||Missispiggy Rivers||Mississippi River||Cobalt Plateaus (Water)||1021-1060|
|31||Got Ham City||Gotham City||Pig City||1101-1140|
|32||Twin Beaks||Twin Peaks||Cobalt Plateaus||1141-1180|
|33||Hog Warts||Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry||Bamboo Forest (Halloween)||1181-1220|
|34||Piggymanjaro||Mount Kilimanjaro||Cobalt Plateaus||1221-1260|
|38||Porka Rica||Costa Rica||Pig City||1381-1420|
|39||United Steaks of Hamerica||United States of America||Cobalt Plateaus||1421-1460|
|44||Ham Marino||San Marino||Cobalt Plateaus (Water)||1621-1660|
For this game's achievements, see Angry Birds 2/Achievements.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds 2/Gallery.
The game has received mixed reviews. Pocket Gamer gave the game a 7/10, feeling that the gameplay was a step forward in puzzle design and the graphics were gorgeous—however, it did not like the energy system that, after failing to complete a few levels, either makes the player stop playing or use gems to continue playing; overall the website thought the game was Rovio at its best. IGN awarded it a score of 6.7 out of 10, saying "Ever-shifting levels and limited lives take a lot of the fun out of smashing pigs with birds in Angry Birds 2."
- Unlike the original Angry Birds games (Angry Birds, Angry Birds Space, etc.), the birds have their Toons appearance (except for Silver, who made her debut in this game).
- The game's former name, Under Pigstruction, is a play on Under Construction, an event used to show that the process of construction is taking place.
- This is the third Angry Birds game after Angry Birds POP! and the Korean version of Angry Birds to feature the lives system. Failing a level will cost a live and after all five lives are used up (All 3 after the Pigsyland update).
- Now, the lives system is identical to Candy Crush Saga and its sequels (Soda and Jelly) as there are up to 5 lives.
- This is the first game to give Red a permanent ability.
- Even though the Corporal Pig appears this game, he's not a boss; he is a Minion Pig that wears a helmet, from Kombo's episodes of Angry Birds Toons.
- This is the second time a pun on New York City has been made. The first was New Yolk City, the setting of the Super Angry Birds comic.
- Bubbles, Stella, and Hal are the only birds from the original game that do not appear in this game.
- This is the second Angry Birds video game that does not have its own Toons.TV video app, after Angry Birds POP!, as pressing the Toons.TV button redirects to a browser version. Now it redirects to its own Toons.TV app.
- On the Angry Birds Facebook page, a 3 page comic about the story of Angry Birds 2 was released. This strip revealed why Silver was raised by the pigs. They found her as an egg, and she hatched just before getting cooked.
- When this game is reinstalled, the black pearls will reset to 90.
- In the World Map/Game Level, players can tap/click on a random pig. The pigs can blow a raspberry, make a face, burp, or fart. If a pig farts, surrounding pigs will groan at the pig who farted, whilst if a pig burps, surrounding pigs will grow angry towards the pig who burped. This will all happen when players tap/click on a pig.
- Pig Bay and Luxembird are the only chapters with 60 levels so far.
- This game has the most levels in the Angry Birds series -- 2500. Angry Birds POP! is the second and Angry Birds Seasons is the third.
- Angry Birds 2's page on Angry Birds Official Website
- Official website (Web archived)
- Official App Facebook Page