|Angry Birds 2|
|Platforms:||iOS and Android|
|Release Date:||Canada: 5 March 2015 (as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction)
Worldwide: 30 July 2015 (as Angry Birds 2)
Angry Birds 2 (known as Angry Birds Under Pigstruction in Canada) is a puzzle platformer game developed by Rovio Mobile, first soft launched in Canada on March 5 and officially released on July 30, 2015. The direct sequel to Angry Birds utilizes new challenges such as multi-stage levels and boss battles (referred to as boss piggies). The game also introduces a new aids such as spells and a new bird known as Silver.
The game's story takes place after the events of the original Angry Birds. The pigs once again decide to take the eggs from the flock and take them to the pigs' airship, so the birds get extremely mad and decide to save the eggs from the pigs.
- Red — Leader of the Flock
- Chuck — Good with Wood
- The Blues — Cool with Ice
- Matilda — Explosive Spirit
- Silver — Looping Legend
- Bomb — Explosive Temper
- Terence — Big, Bad, Bold
- Golden Duck - It's Raining Ducks!
- Blizzard - Turns Blocks into Ice
- Hot Chili - The Heat is On!
- Pig Inflater - Pumped Up Piggies!
- Mighty Eagle - Enough Said!
Limited Power Ups (Sponsored Power Ups)
- Buzz's Honey Blaster Spell (Special Honey Nut Cheerios event spell available in the US)
- Octo the Lover Spell (Special Nibblers event spell)
- Monstrous Spell of Mavis (Special Hotel Transylvania 2 event spell)
- Shakira's Love Rocks Spell (Special Love Rocks event spell)
- Idea Advantage Spell (Special Idea MNP Operator event spell available in India)
- Hatchlings Spell (Special The Angry Birds Movie event spell)
- Cardbury Gems Spell (Special Cardbury Gems event spell)
- Release The Catch Spell (Special Support to WWF event spell available only on iOS devices)
- SpinMaster Spell (Special Angry Birds Spinmaster toy spell)
- Birthday Spell (Special Angry Birds 2 1st Birthday)
- Minion Pigs (Some wearing costumes with special abilities, to see a list of them click here)
- Chef Pig (Boss)
- Foreman Pig (Boss)
- King Pig (Boss)
- Helmet Pig (extra protection)
- Golden Pig (when destroyed, it instantly fills the Destruct-o-Meter)
- Umbrella Pig (falls slowly and small protection)
- Rocket Pig (blasts upward when in danger, then parachutes down)
- Balloon Pig (after a while, he inflates a balloon that carries him around)
- Construction Pig (lobs screwdrivers at the Birds)
- Wizard Pig (uses his wand to shoot projectiles)
- Polymorph Pig (transforms the Birds into various objects, from blocks to even Pigs)
- Fireman Pig (incinerates Birds if they come too close)
- Magician Pig (teleports to another location when in danger)
- Chemist Pig (when popped, he changes all the blocks on the screen to one type)
- Explosive Pig (when popped, he explodes)
- Inner Tube Pig (floats on water)
- Scuba Diver Pig (doesn't drown in water)
- Gravity Pig (temporarily disables gravity on objects around him when popped)
The star rank was introduced where players collect stars to level up rewards the player feathers.
Score Multiplier Rank
For a list of bird and slingshot ranks, see Angry Birds 2/Score Multiplier Rank
Bird Arena is an online weekly tournament where players may challenge another randomly selected player. Unlocks at level 25 in single player campaign formerly, it was then unlock at the Star Rank of 8. Player will initially start at vanilla league and progress at the end of every week. If player wins streaks, will be rewarded with streak rewards.
Bird Hat increases the multiplier score besides bird feathers. It can be purchased only by black pearls and black pearls can be only be obtained by daily challenge or the weekly tournament. Collect all the full set to upgrade the slingshot score multiplier.
- Party Hat - Score Multiplier +1 (Party like it's your bird day!) Cost: 20
- Crown - Score Multiplier +2 (Royal Rage!) Cost: 100
- Street Cap - Score Multiplier +2 (Get down with the birds!) Cost: 100
- Cowboy Hat - Score Multiplier +3 (High Noon Slinger!) Cost: 500
|1||Feathery Hills||Beverly Hills||Cobalt Plateaus||1-15|
|2||New Pork City||New York City||Pig City||16-35|
|3||Eggchanted Woods||Enchanted Woods||Bamboo Forest||36-60|
|4||Chirp Valley||N/A||Cobalt Plateaus||61-90|
|6||Greasy Swamp||N/A||Bamboo Forest||121-150|
|9||Misty Mire||N/A||Bamboo Forest||211-240|
|11||Snotting Hill||Notting Hill||Bamboo Forest||281-320|
|12||Fluttering Heights||N/A||Cobalt Plateaus||321-360|
|13||Mount Evernest||Mount Everest||Cobalt Plateaus||361-400|
|14||Ham Francisco||San Francisco||Pig City||401-440|
|15||Pig Bay||Big Bay||Cobalt Plateaus||441-500|
|16||Gravity Grove||N/A||Bamboo Forest||501-540|
|17||The Pig Apple||The Big Apple||Pig City||541-580|
|18||The Hamalayas||The Himalayas||Cobalt Plateaus||581-620|
|20||Hamburg||Pittsburgh||Cobalt Plateaus||661- 680|
- Unlike the original Angry Birds games (Angry Birds, Angry Birds Space, etc.), the birds have their Toons appearance (except for Silver, who made her debut in this game).
- The game's name in Canada, Under Pigstruction is a play on Under Construction, an event used to show that the process of construction is taking place.
- This is the third Angry Birds game after Angry Birds POP! and the Korean version of Angry Birds to feature the lives system. Failing a level will cost a live and after all five lives are used up(All 3 after the Pigsyland update), the player has to either wait for 30 minutes in order to refill lives, watch a video to get a live for free, or refill all 3 lives by paying for gems.
- Now lives system is identical to Candy Crush Saga and its sequels (Soda and Jelly Saga) as there are up to 5 lives and each recharges for 30 minutes.
- As long as the first bird was not launched and the player quits, a live will not be lost despite the level failed screen, similar to mobile versions of Candy Crush Saga.
- This was the first game to give Red permanent abilities.
- In the other games, Red's battle cry barely does anything.
- His power was limited in Red's Mighty Feathers in the first game and as a power-up.
- In the other games, Red's battle cry barely does anything.
- It unknown why Corporal Pig does not appear in this game. Technically, there is a Minion Pig who wears Corporal Pig's helmet, from Kombo's episodes of Angry Birds Toons.
- This is the second time a pun on New York City has been made. The first was New Yolk City, the setting of the Super Angry Birds comic.
- If a player tries to restart on a level, he/she will also get a fail screen.
This is the second Angry Birds video game that does not have its own Toons.TV video app, after Angry Birds Stella POP!, as pressing the Toons.TV button redirects you to a browser version. Now it redirects to its own Toons.TV app.
- On the Angry Birds Facebook page, a 3 page comic about the story of Angry Birds 2 was released. This strip revealed why Silver was raised by the pigs. They found her as an egg, and she hatched just before getting cooked.
- When the Gravity Grove update first released, the game crashes at startup on iOS. This has now been fixed.
For this subject's image gallery, see Angry Birds 2/Image Gallery.