As many expected, the Cloud City update to Angry Birds Star Wars (v1.2.0) has landed on the Thursday during GDC! We reported last week that the update was coming soon, and indeed it has! I think the Rebel Birds were looking to relax after their escape from Hoth, but obviously their plans never quite work as expected. The update has landed for iOS and Android via Google Play, with more platforms coming soon.
This update includes:
- 20 levels of Cloud City, based in Bespin with 20 more coming in a future update. The levels are pretty cool and a bit challenging, but that’s fine in my book!
- 2 new Bonus levels! The 9th Star Bonus level unlocks at 555 stars, and the 8th Droid is the one you seek in Bespin!
- Boba Fett Missions! This episode consists of 10 levels, all pretty challenging, and all containing the bounty hunter Boba Fett (obviously). To unlock the episode, you can either spring for the $0.99 USD IAP (available for iOS and Android) or you can find all 5 jetpacks, scattered across the galaxy.
- New steam element, which works similar to the geysers in Red Planet of Angry Birds Space.
- 1 new iOS Acheivement, related to the Boba Fett Missions.
- 3 new Character to be unlocked!