|Powers||Shooting Egg Bombs vertically downward|
|First Level Appearance:||Theme 2-14|
|Strength:||Weak(before launching egg), Medium(after launching egg)|
For the Angry Birds Star Wars version see, C-P30 entry in: Star Wars Characters.
|White Bird||Image Gallery|
Matilda, the White Bird is a character that is in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. First introduced in 2009, the character is one of the original five birds in the Flock. She is the only bird with two corpses.
She first appeared in level 2-14 of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game released so far, though she is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, White Bird appears dressed as a geisha. This was the first time she has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
Despite being one of the largest of the birds, White Bird is weak in physical strength, The egg bombs she deploys have decent power but suffer from a short blast radius and tend to be overestimated in their effect on the structure. Once the egg is dropped, the corpse then flies up and explodes to the right. Additional damage can be done to the fortresses if the egg is dropped in such a way that it launches the corpse into the structure.
- Name: Matilda
- Known Aliases: White Bird
- Group Affiliation: The Flock
White Bird was as responsible as the Red Bird but not as stressed as him. White Bird has the essense of a mother. She's very caring, especially towards the Blue Birds as the young ones always got into trouble.
While she does appear to lay eggs, the eggs explode. She has been seen in the presence of another female White Bird during the St. Valentine's Day holiday but her full connection with this bird is unknown.
Little is known about White Bird’s history before the events of the first Angry Birds game or how she acquired the ability or skills to drop explosive eggs.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, she has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock, including White Bird. It was only for the actions of Terence, the Big Brother Bird that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Bomb and White Bird did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived shortly after the others, so it is possible they were not captured originally and made their way to Rio to find Red Bird, Yellow Bird and The Blues, or were captured at later times.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. White Bird appears to be left behind.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
White Bird has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Star Wars (As C-3PO)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- The White Bird's physical appearance seems to be based on an egg shape, due to the egg it encases inside its body.
- White Birds and (technically) Orange Birds are the only birds to have two different corpses.
- White Bird is the second largest playable bird in the game, next to Big Red Bird.
- White Birds are also the only birds to have projectiles.
- Birds and corpses are impervious to eggs. If the player drops an egg on a corpse or a bird waiting their turn on the slingshot, the egg will bounce off.
- The White bird is possibly based upon the Snow Bunting or a Chicken.
- Originally, the White Bird had a nervous expression. However, she was redesigned in later versions to appear angrier. She still keeps this original appearance in mobile versions of the original game and Seasons.
- The White Bird, as well as the Boomerang Bird, Orange Bird, and some pigs are the only Plush Toys with openable beaks.
- In the Summer Pignic Animated Short when the White Bird is on the slingshot, the Boomerang Bird accidentally trips and knocks over the slingshot causing him to fling in a different direction. But strangely when she reaches the ground, instead of releasing his explosive egg like she does in every other game she stars in, she explodes right on the spot thus, leaving a small but noticeable crater.
- In the Mighty Eagle poster, the White Bird is a chicken. However in her case, she drops explosive eggs rather than laying natural eggs.
- Out of the five original members of the Flock, White Bird is featured the least often, possible due to his being the last of them to be featured. Later episodes would make the White Bird very common, on par with the Yellow Bird.
- Originally, one of her cheeks became purple when she became a corpse (to look like a black eye). However, it was redesigned to look normal yellow.
- The White Bird and the Boomerang Bird are the only birds that don't have a role in Angry Birds Space (yet).
- White Bird can make Boomerang Bird's launch noises in Angry Birds Facebook.
|Playable Birds (The Flock)||Red Bird • Blue Bird • Yellow Bird • Black Bird • White Bird • Boomerang Bird • Big Brother Bird • Orange Bird • Pink Bird|
|Mighty Creatures||Mighty Eagle • Mighty Dragon • Mighty Philadelphia Eagle|
|From Other Installments||Rio Characters • Space Characters • Star Wars Characters • Ice Bird • Weekly Tournament Characters • Star Wars II Characters|
|Non-Playable Birds||Female Red Bird • Female White Bird • Developer Birds • Hockey Bird • Boy and Girl Eggs • Striped Bird • Joke Birds • Freddie Mercury|