"Fight for peace!"
"Drop it like it's hot!"
- For the Hogs and Kisses counterpart, see Female White Bird.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version, see C-3PO entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version, see Qui-Gon Jinn entry and C-3PO entry in: Star Wars II Characters.
|Abilities||Shooting Egg Bombs vertically downward|
|First Appearance||Poached Eggs 2-14|
|Species||Chicken (Gallus Gallus Domesticus)|
|Strength||Before Shooting: Weak|
After Shooting: Medium
Matilda, the White Bird is a character that is in the Angry Birds series of games created by Rovio Entertainment. First introduced in 2009, the character is one of the original five birds in the Flock. She is the only bird with two corpses.
She first appeared in level 2-14 of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game released so far (except in Angry Birds Space), though she is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, White Bird appears dressed as a geisha. This was the first time she has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
Matilda is a round bird that resembles an egg shape with three black feathers on top her head and black eyes. She also has yellow blush in each side of her eyebags and her stomach is off-white. In her defeat sprite her yellow blush becomes purple when she knocks the obstacles.
In Angry Birds Toons until Angry Birds 2, Matilda changes her appearance and the black feathers on top of her head has a pink tip, her yellow blush is now pink and gains eyelashes on her both of her eyes.
In the Angry Birds Movie, Matilda appears as a white anthropomorphic Chicken with the same appearance as in her toons version but with white feathered arms, as she is shaped more like a teardrop than an egg. Her eyes are now teal instead of black, her beak is similar to Chuck's, but the top of her beak is taller. Her black and pink feathers at the back are now large and has three feathers instead of two and has extra three black thin large feathers. Her black and pink feathers on top of her head is also large and gains another feather to make it three feathers and has an orange feet.
Despite being one of the largest of the birds, Matilda is weak in physical strength. The egg bombs she deploys have decent power but suffer from a short blast radius and tend to be overestimated in their effect on the structure. Once the egg is dropped, Matilda's corpse then flies up and explodes to the right. Additional damage can be done to the fortresses if the egg is dropped in such a way that it launches the corpse into the structure.
In the movie version, Matilda uses the same ability as her game counterpart but the egg bomb that she deploys has a pink hue as it explodes in a pink dust once launched, and proceeds to bounce around upon impact with a solid object, unlike the game counterpart. She can also lay egg bombs as she pleases to deal more of the pigs on the ground as well.
- Name: Matilda
- Known Aliases: White Bird, Mother Hen
- Group Affiliation: The Flock
- Voiced by: Antti LJ Pääkkönen, Maya Rudolph (The Angry Birds Movie)
Matilda is as responsible as Red but not as stressed as him. She has the essence of a mother. Matilda is very caring, especially towards the Blues as the young ones always got into trouble. Matilda is a peaceful bird who hates to fight the pigs. All she wants is just a peace between birds and pigs. Matilda also seems to exhibit anger issues, since when she encounters some dissapointing situations, she reacts in a way of coping herself through self-talk .
While she does appear to lay eggs, the eggs explode. She has been seen in the presence of another female White Bird during the Angry Birds Seasons episode Hogs and Kisses, but her full connection with this bird is unknown.
In the movie, she was a teacher in anger management. Similar to her game counterpart, she is a peaceful bird that tries to control anger for others. She always teaches the birds on how to control their anger through different means; Yoga, Poems, Painting etc. Even large birds like Terence have a big crush on her. However, she was proven to be scary and formidable when the situation calls, during the time she deal with the pigs with her egg bombs.
HistoryLittle is known about Matilda’s history before the events of the first Angry Birds game or how she acquired the ability or skills to drop explosive eggs.
In the course of the battles with the pigs, she has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the pigs captured the entire Flock, including Matilda. It was only for the actions of Terence that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel and Mauro and his marmosets. Bomb and Matilda did not appear originally in Rio, but arrived shortly after the others, so it is possible they were not captured originally and made their way to Rio to find Red, Chuck, and The Blues, or were captured at later times.
- Main article: Angry Birds Rio
In another adventure, many of the Flock were whisked into Space via a wormhole, gained super powers and fought the Space King and the Space Pigs. Matilda appears to be left behind.
- Main article: Angry Birds Space
This section needs to be expanded
"How about that, my teacher can shoot fireballs out of her butt." -Red regarding Matilda in the Angry Birds Movie
Red and Matilda have a very stable relationship. Red entrusts Matilda in looking after the eggs, and Matilda also concerns in Red's mental state and his anger. They first met within anger management classes, as she was his instructor. Matilda is also a valued member in Red's flock.
Bomb and Matilda definitely have some sort of romantic relationship. Bomb kisses Matilda in the Toons episode Clash of Corns and Matilda thinks about Bomb 4% of the time. Matilda was also Bomb's anger management teacher and mentor in The Angry Birds Movie.
The pigs like Matilda for her caring personality. In the Toons episode Robo-Tilda, she cares for the damaged minion pig. For the most part, she doesn't want to hurt the pigs sometimes, but rather just wants peace between them and the Flock.
In the Angry Birds Movie,Terence shows multiple romantic feelings for Matilda. She is also his mentor in anger management class.
Matilda has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Star Wars (As C-3PO)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds GO!
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds 2
|Female White Bird|
|Locations||Hogs and Kisses|
The female version of Matilda is a bird only seen in Angry Birds Seasons. She is a female bird like Matilda, only she serves as a background character and only on wallpapers in Hogs and Kisses. She has a naive, maybe nervous expression.
- Female Matilda's design vaguely resembles the normal Matilda's Toons appearance.
|Powers||Splitting into 5|
|First Level Appearance:||Level S-1|
According to the Angry Birds Star Wars Character Encyclopaedia, C-3PYOLK is C-3PO's official name. Unlike the rest, C-3PYOLK never gets angry. He is specially programmed to keep peaceful and like Matilda loves plants and enjoys gardening. He speaks many languages and all of them politely. He easily gets scared and likes staying shiny and having his nuts and bolts shut tight. He is a protocol droid and has a translating skill. His ally is R2-D2. While escaping in the Escape Pod from the Pork Side, R2-D2 makes the journey less scary for C-3PYOLK.
|Abilities||Using Green Lightsaber|
|First Appearance||Level B1-1|
|Species||Chicken (Dressed as Qui-Gon Jinn)|
|Locations||Naboo Invasion, Escape to Tatooine, Battle of Naboo|
Qui-Gon Jinn, also known as Quail-Gon Jinn in several Angry Birds Star Wars Books, is the master of Obi-Wan Kenobi and he has the ability to use a green lightsaber to destroy objects and pigs. He is defeated and killed by Darth Maul on Battle of Naboo. Anakin Skywalker Jedi Padawan has the same exact ability. This is the second male role Matilda plays, the first is C3-PYOLK.
Personality and Behaviour
Qui-Gon is a bold bird who prefers to do things his own way. He is never happy to go along with others, everyone has trouble telling him what to do. This Jedi Bird often takes on dangerous missions others would not do. Jinn is quite good at feeling the force as he was the one who saw that the force was strong with Redkin Skywalker / Anakin Skywalker. However, he did not know that Redkin will be an evil Sith in the end.
The evil Count Dodo (or Dooku) was Quail-Gon's teacher before he went to the Pork Side. Although he is very experienced, he was slayed by Darth Maul. He was shocked, as the Jedi thought that the Sith was extinct. Although usually grumpy, he shows patience towards Obi-Wan, who is his student. Qui-Gon Jinn appears as an enemy in two levels of Angry Birds Star Wars II. The first is level 20 of Escape to Tatooine. He appears from the spaceship with his green lightsaber once all other birds have been destroyed. Even though he falls off the ship after being defeated, the following cutscene he still appears in the ship. He also appears in level 20 of Battle of Naboo along with Obi-Wan. He will slash any blocks that get near him with his green lightsaber. Once he is defeated, he is considered dead in the game's canon.
- Matilda's physical appearance seems to be based on an egg shape, due to the egg it encases inside her body.
- Matilda and Bubbles are the only birds to have two different corpses.
- Matilda is the second largest playable bird in the game, next to Terence.
- Matilda is also the only bird to have projectiles.
- Birds and corpses are impervious to eggs. If the player drops an egg on a corpse or a bird waiting their turn on the slingshot, the egg will bounce off.
- Matilda is possibly based upon the Snow Bunting or a Chicken.
- Originally, Matilda had a nervous expression. However, she was redesigned in later versions to appear angrier. She still keeps this original appearance in the original game and Seasons.
- Matilda, as well as Hal and Bubbles, are the only plush toys with openable beaks.
- In the Summer Pignic animated short when Matilda is on the slingshot, Hal accidentally trips and knocks over the slingshot causing him to fling in a different direction. But strangely when she reaches the ground, instead of releasing her explosive egg like she does in every other game she stars in, she explodes right on the spot thus, leaving a small but noticeable crater.
- In the Mighty Eagle poster, Matilda is a chicken. However in her case, she drops explosive eggs rather than laying natural eggs.
- Originally, one of Matilda's cheeks became purple when she became a corpse (to look like a black eye). However, it was redesigned to look normal yellow.
- Matilda, Hal, and Stella are the only birds that don't have a role in Angry Birds Space.
- Matilda can make Hal's launch noises in Angry Birds Facebook.
- Matilda appears to become more feminine in Angry Birds Toons, as she now has visible eyelashes and pink cheeks.
- It has been revealed that Matilda can cause thunderstorms when she's really enraged. That could only be seen in some Angry Birds Toons episodes, like Cordon Bleugh!, Green Pig Soup, Bird Flu, Epic Sax-Off, and her character video in Angry Birds 2. She nearly caused it in Operation Opera
- Matilda enjoys painting.
- According to the second Angry Birds Magazine, Matilda wonders if Bomb likes her 4% of the time.
- Matilda is the first female bird to simply have black eyes, followed by Silver from Angry Birds 2, as five out of the six birds in Angry Birds Stella are female birds with actual eye colors.
- Matilda's gender was decided late as she was originally made as a male; this can be identified by here masculine grunting.
- It was later decided for Matilda to be a female as on the contradictory fact that she can lay eggs.
- Matilda can play the saxophone, as seen in the Angry Birds Toons episode Epic Sax-Off. This makes her the 6th bird known to play an instrument, the others being Hal, Willow, Poppy, Dahlia and Luca, in that order.
- In the Angry Birds Interactive Annual 2014, it's revealed that she does Nest Shui (and herbal tea).