"I'm so fly!"
|Yellow Bird||Image Gallery|
- For the Angry Birds Space version, see Lazer Bird entry in: Space Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars version see Chuck Solo entry and Lando Calrissian entry in: Star Wars Characters.
- For the Angry Birds Star Wars II version see Captain Panaka entry in: Star Wars II Characters.
|Abilities||Speeding up when screen is tapped|
|First Appearance||Theme 1-16|
Chuck has the ability to speed up when the screen is tapped. His game speed is much slower than his toons speed, as Chuck can move regular speed when time is slowed down almost completely. (see Chuck Time)
Chuck can destroy wood very well, can shatter some glass, but cannot destroy stone. This is likely because Rovio made 3 characters to only be able to easily destroy 1 material: Bomb (stone) Chuck (wood) Blues (Glass).
- Name: Chuck
- Known Aliases: Yellow Bird, Maching Bird, Lazer Bird, Accelerator Bird, Speed Bird, Woodpecker, Han Solo Bird, Lando Bird (in Star Wars)
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Space Flock, The Star Wars Flock
- Best Friends: Red Bird
PersonalityChuck has a very mixed personality, having different personalities in different media. In the comics, Chuck is enthusiastic and arrogant. He always wanted to be the best of the Flock, and is one of the most restless Birds in the Flock. In the opening scenes of Poached Eggs and Mighty Hoax, while The Flock examines the empty nest with question marks above their heads, Chuck exclaims a "#" sign after realizing that the Bad Piggies stole their eggs.
In the TV Show, Chuck is clumsy, easily distracted, and a bit arrogant.
When not fighting Pigs, Chuck is a practical joker and uses his jokes to liven up the Flock (which sometimes offends Bomb). He is also known as Maching bird, a name that describes his penchant for jokes as well as his intense speed. He is described as enthusiastic and restless, although a little unconfident in the comics. He is the best friend and confidant of Red.
Red is known to be Chuck's best friend in several different media, and this is shown in the toons episode Chuck Time where Chuck saves Red. This is also shown in the comic Angry Birds Christmas Comic, where Red saves Chuck.
Chuck is often jealous of Bomb, and it is shown in the toons episode The Bird Who Cried Pig where Chuck tries to outstand Bomb by pretending to save the eggs.
In an episode of Angry Birds Toons, he once saved Red from a great height. He transformed somehow, making him have an ultra speed boost.
His original look, showing two top feathers and dark eyebrows, was similar to Red (and again exclaiming “#”) and was much smaller in size. This was later changed to his final look with a mop of black hair-like feathers on the top of his head.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock, including Chuck. It was only for the actions of Terence, the Big Brother Bird that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets.
Main article: Angry Birds Rio
- Chuck is very strong on wood, making him a good bird to use on it. However, he can't destroy square blocks that well and can only shatter one square block.
- He can't do much damage to Glass. He can only destroy one glass block at the same time.
- Chuck's aiming angle is different from other birds. When Chuck is first launched from the slingshot, he flies at an angle like most birds. However, when his rush ability is activated, he will shoot straight at the target.
Chuck has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Friends
- Angry Birds Space (as Lazer Bird)
- Angry Birds Star Wars (as Chuck Solo and Lando Calrissian)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
- Angry Birds Coca-Cola
- Angry Birds Toons
- Bad Piggies
- Angry Birds Friends (mobile)
- Angry Birds Epic
- Angry Birds Transformers (as Bumblebee and High Octane Bumblebee)
GameplayHe first appeared in the 16th level of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game (except The Big Setup) released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, Chuck appears dressed as a samurai. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
To activate the Chuck's speed rush ability, a player must launch him into the air, then tap the screen or click the mouse to activate the speed boost. The most effective attacks with Chuck are to launch him upward and let him arc down onto a target, or to fling in a straight line horizontally at a target.
Chuck's rush ability allows him to pick up speed to cause the most possible damage to the Pigs and their fortresses. Much like many of the other birds, his strength usually varies depending on the block and angle that is struck. Chuck is most effective against wood obstacles, able to penetrate several walls easily due to his speed. However, he is weak against glass/ice despite it having a much weaker strength than wood.
- When he turns into a corpse, Chuck rolls like a ball, even though his body is a cone.
- Al makes the same pain noises when becoming a corpse as Chuck.
- Chuck's top feathers appear like Red's feathers in some earlier cutscenes. This was later changed to his in-game black mop-top design.
- In the early cutscenes before the Birdday update of Angry Birds, Chuck was the same size as the Blues,but was soon changed to his now bigger size.
- In cutscenes, Chuck seems to always be the one to notice the Pigs running away with the eggs, except The Big Setup.
- Chuck owns a music player, as shown in the Angry Birds Toons trailer.
- In Chuck Time, when Chuck sees Red falling off a cliff, he perceives it as slow-motion. Chuck's perception of time becomes slower than everyone else when he puts on the headband, explaining why he is able to act more quickly than other birds.
- Chuck has astraphobia, a great fear of thunder, shown in Thunder Chuck.