|First Level Appearance:||Theme 1-16|
|Yellow Bird | Image Gallery|
- Name: Chuck
- Known Aliases: Yellow Bird, Maching Bird, Lazer Bird, Accelerator Bird, Speed Bird, Woodpecker
- Group Affiliation: The Flock, The Flock in Space
- Best Friends: Red Bird (confidant)
Chuck is enthusiastic and arrogant. He always wanted to be the best of the Flock, being one of the most restless Birds in the Flock. In the opening scenes of Poached Eggs and Mighty Hoax, while The Flock examines the empty nest with question marks (which indicates they are saying "What?") above their heads, Chuck exclaims a “#” (which indicates he is saying a bad word) while seeing the Bad Piggies with the eggs, potentially meaning he uses bad language. Although, he could have been simply thinking it...
In the animated game trailer, Red, Chuck, one Blue Bird, and Bomb were the first to discover the first eggs missing after severely attacking a butterfly for landing on their eggs.
When not fighting Pigs, Chuck is a practical joker and uses his jokes to liven up the Flock. He is also known as Maching Bird, a name that describes his penchant for jokes as well as his intense speed. He is described as enthusiastic and restless, although a little unconfident in the comics. He is the best friend and confidant of Red Bird.
Little is known about Chuck's history before the events of the first Angry Birds game. His original look, showing two top feathers and dark eyebrows, similar to Red (and again exclaiming “#”) and was much smaller in size. This was later changed to his final look with a mop of black hair-like feathers on the top of his head.
In the course of the battles with the Pigs, he has traveled to many different locations and environments, including the desert, underground caves and beaches. The Pigs never rest in their quest to steal eggs and the Flock often has to retrieve their eggs on holidays and special occasions. In one instance, the Pigs captured the entire Flock, including Chuck. It was only for the actions of Terence, the Big Brother Bird that the Flock was freed.
At an indeterminate time later, the Flock was captured as rare birds and taken to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where they fought with Blu and Jewel and their friends against Nigel the cockatoo and Mauro and his marmosets. Main article: Angry Birds Rio
- Chuck is very strong on wood, making him a good bird to use on it. However, he can't destroy square blocks that well and can only shatter one square block.
- Try not to use him on stone. He can shatter one small piece of stone, but if used on stone blocks, he can only weaken it. It requires about 2 yellow birds to shatter a single block of stone. They tip stone over, but often requires multiples of them to do so.
- Never use him on ice. He can shatter only one block of it and will slow down immediately.
Chuck has appeared in the following games:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Facebook
- Angry Birds Space (as Lazer Bird)
- Angry Birds Chrome
- Angry Birds Google+
- Angry Birds Volcano
- Angry Birds Magic
- Angry Birds in The Hunt For The Golden Pistachio
- Angry Birds Vuela Tazos
- Angry Birds Winter Wonderland
- Angry Birds Fuji TV
He first appeared in the 16th level of the first episode, Poached Eggs and has appeared as a playable character in every version and episode of the game (except The Big Setup.) released so far, though he is not necessarily in all levels. In the Fuji TV exclusive episode: Sakura Ninja, Chuck appears dressed as a samurai. This was the first time he has appeared in costume in any game and completely new game sprites were created for this episode.
To activate the Chuck's speed rush ability, a player must launch him into the air, then tap the screen or click the mouse to activate the speed boost. The most effective attacks with Chuck are to launch him upward and let him arc down onto a target, or to fling in a straight line horizontally at a target.
Chuck's rush ability allows him to pick up speed to cause the most possible damage to the Pigs and their fortresses. Much like many of the other birds, his strength usually varies depending on the block and angle that is struck. Chuck is most effective against wood obstacles, able to penetrate several walls easily due to his speed. However, he is weak against glass/ice despite it having a much weaker strength than wood. Noises: (pull back) her-rang (launch) llloooorriiiiii (space launch) reekaallawww (tap noise)
- When he turns into a corpse, Chuck rolls like a ball, even though his body is a cone.
- Al makes the same pain noises when becoming a corpse as Chuck.
- While Chuck can appear to be triangular in shape, he is actually cone shaped.
- Chuck's top feathers appear like Red's feathers in some earlier cutscenes. This was later changed to his in-game design.
- In the cutscenes, Birdday update of Angry Birds, Chuck was the same size as a Blue Bird.
- In cutscenes, Chuck seems to always be the one to notice the Pigs running away with the eggs.
|Playable Birds (The Flock)||Red Bird • Blue Bird • Yellow Bird • Black Bird • White Bird • Boomerang Bird • Big Brother Bird • Orange Bird • Pink Bird|
|Mighty Creatures||Mighty Eagle • Mighty Dragon • Mighty Philadelphia Eagle|
|From Other Installments||Rio Characters • Space Characters • Star Wars Characters • Ice Bird • Weekly Tournament Characters • Star Wars II Characters|
|Non-Playable Birds||Female Red Bird • Female White Bird • Developer Birds • Hockey Bird • Boy and Girl Eggs • Striped Bird • Joke Birds • Freddie Mercury|